Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Responsibility sucks

Ti- a 17 year old fire bender girl saves a 7 year old waterbender (Ami)... (full summary 1st chapter)

Chapter 4 - Responsibility sucks

Chapter 4 - Responsibility sucks
Ti sighed as she watched Ami water bend down by the river. The formations she was trying to form  were advanced, given her extremely young age (6 years old).
 
Hell, Ti had only truely started to realise she was a fire bender at that stage in her life- she'd nearly singed her father's eyebrows off on that day. She cracked a rare smile as she thought of how ridiculous he looked- with no eyebrows, and yet so joyous at the fact this meant all 3 of his children were benders as he'd twirled her round.
 
It was one of the few happy memories she had- her older brothers had begun teaching her almost immediately- until she found a true bending teacher a year later- but it was her father who'd taught her perhaps the most important lesson of all.
 
"It is important to realise that although you're a fire bender, the other elements can help you on your way to mastering it"
 
He said that was something his teacher had taught him- though he never told her who that was.
 
Getting back to the present, Ti sighed again in irritation as she watched Ami. She was doing that move all wrong- that stance was way off- and what the hell was that?!
 
She felt an urge to go down to her and tell her how to do it correctly- but she relented. She'd only get the wrong idea and stick around longer.
 
She'd let the young girl stay last night- after Ami had told her her mother was planning to meet her there, yet never turned up.
 
Now if whoever her mother was didn't show up it looked like Ti was stuck with her.
 
Which she was not happy about. Not at all.
 
But she had saved her- and until her family picked her up she was her responsibility.
 
That didn't mean she had to like it though. Far from it. Yet she thought Ami would have got the hint from the cold shoulder she was giving her.
 
Unfortunatly the child had a "water of a mouse-duck's back" attitude it seemed.
 
Ti's ears twitched as she heard a crack echo from near where Ami was practicing.
 
"Ami! She hissed "Get your butt in here!"
 
The girl dropped the water she was bending into the river, smiled (insanely, in Ti's view) and ran up to the cave quickly.
 
Ti pushed her back further into the cave "Wait there- and DON'T come out- understand?"
 
"Say the magic word."
 
"Huh?"
 
"PLEASE"
 
Ti growled "Just do as you're told."
 
"Say please!"
 
"Fine- PLEASE. Satisfied?"
 
The girl nodded and grinned again; Ti shook her head- how did that kid smile so much? Didn't her face hurt from it?
 
She darted from the cave to a nearby tree and watched intently.
 
Earth Kingdom soldiers.
 
She raised an eyebrow perhaps they could help.
 
Quite often she'd follow people for a while before enlisting help- observe them, in order to guage whether they were trustworthy (she often came to the conclusion they weren't).
 
But she couldn't exactly do that, leaving a 6 year old in a cave all by herself...
 
She sighed and watched the 5 men go past.
 
Responsibility sucked.
 
 

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment