Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Kagome's Tutoring

Okashi, a new girl, is discovered as looking strikingly similar to Mikita. Could she be a reincarnation? What about Tsuyoku's reign? Will he continue to take over Naraku's position?

Chapter 4 - Kagome's Tutoring

Chapter 4 - Kagome's Tutoring






Kagomes Tutoring






----





(Kagome returned to her time and went back to school, where her friend Ayumi greeted her.)





Ayumi: Wow Kagome! Youre here for the second day in a row! Im impressed.





Kagome: Yeah. Im doing much better.





(Ayumi noticed the necklace that she was wearing, and it had the Sacred Jewel on it.)





Ayumi: Your grandfather must have got you that necklace huh?





Kagome: Huh?





Ayumi: The so-called Shikon no Tama.





Kagome: Oh& uhh, yeah. He did. Hes crazy about that kinda stuff. Its definitely a fake.





(Kagome had the real Shikon no Tama on that necklace, but she couldnt let Ayumi know that. As they walked into the classroom and sat down, Eri and Yuka came up to them as well with a smile on their faces.)





Yuka: Look whos got his eye on you Kagome.





Eri: Yeah. Hojo has been asking about you.





(Kagome was not really interested, but she tried to act like it anyway.)





Kagome: Thats& great.





Yuka: Oh look! Here he comes.





(Hojo approached the front of Kagomes desk.)





Hojo: Hey Kagome. How are you feeling?





Kagome: Im feeling fine. Thanks for asking Hojo.





Hojo: Those home remedies must have helped then.





Kagome: Yeah& they must have.





(Kagome did not particularly wish to talk to him, but he remained there and handed her a bag with something in it.)





Hojo: Here. These herbs will keep you fit and healthy so that you wont have to miss another day. You need to catch up on your studies.





Kagome: Jee& Thanks Hojo.





Hojo: What is it? Is something the matter?





Kagome: Huh? Oh. Uhh, no. Im just& tired, thats all.





(She laid her head down on her desk, and her plan to get rid of Hojo worked.)





Ayumi: Whats the matter Kagome? Dont you want Hojo to ask you out?





(Kagome raised her head up.)





Kagome: No Im kind of&.





Eri: Dont tell me youre still with the bossy two-timer.





Kagome: Well yeah, actually. He gave me this bracelet, and he seems sweet now.





Ayumi: That wont last.





Yuka: Itll be back to the way it always has been in no time.





Eri: Yeah. You should really give Hojo a chance. He wouldnt treat you wrong.





Kagome: Guys& I would rather be in charge of my own love life. Thank you.





Yuka: Someones a little cranky.





Ayumi: Well just leave you alone now Kagome.





Eri: Yeah. Well talk later.





(Her friends went and sat in their desks, and not long after, the teacher came in.)





Teacher: Okay class. Yesterday we talked about square roots and the Pythagorean theorem. Who knows how to do these equations?





(Most of the class raised their hands, but Kagome and a few others didnt.)





Teacher: Thats good. Most of you know how, but well continue to work on it for those of you who dont get it just yet. If youll all get out your homework assignments, well go over the ones that you didnt understand.





(Everyone got their homework out, and the teacher got his teachers edition textbook out with all the answers.)





Teacher: Who has a problem that theyd like me to explain?





(A girl in the back of the room raised her hand.)





Girl: Number five.





(Another boy raised his hand.)





Boy: Number thirteen.





Another girl: Number fifteen.





(The teacher wrote them on the board as the students called them out.)





Teacher: Okay, is that all? All right then. Well start with number five. If side A measures five, and side B measures twelve, then what does side C measure?





(He looked around the room for someone to call on.)





Teacher: Kagome.





(Kagome thought, Oh no. He just had to pick me.)





Teacher: What did you get for the answer?





(Kagome looked nervous as she tried to think of an answer.)





Kagome: I& didnt get that one.





Teacher: Okay. Well who would like to answer this one?





(Okashi, who was sitting two rows across from Kagome, raised her hand.)





Teacher: Okashi.





Okashi: The answer is thirteen sir.





Teacher: Would you care to explain why that is Okashi?





Okashi: Five squared is twenty-five, and twelve squared is one hundred and forty-four, so added together they would be one hundred and sixty-nine. Finally, you take the square root of one hundred and sixty-nine, and you get your answer: Thirteen.





Teacher: Very good Okashi. (Looks at Kagome) Kagome, you could use a tutor, and I believe that Okashi would be a good help for you. (To Okashi) Okashi. Would you mind tutoring Kagome?





Okashi: No problem. I dont mind.





Teacher: Okay then. Ill let you two work out the times then. You can also work with her during class while we work on page one thirty five, one through thirty odd.





(The class sounded disappointed at this.)





Teacher: Would you rather it be to sixty?





(The class was silent upon hearing that.)





Teacher: I didnt think so. Get to work everyone.





(Okashi walked over and sat next to Kagome.)





Okashi: Okay Kagome. Ready to get to work?





Kagome: No&





(Kagome thumped her head down on her desk, not wanting to do her assignment. Meanwhile, back in the Feudal Era, Karasu finds the radio that Kagome had left there accidentally. She observed it curiously and raised an eyebrow.)





Karasu: Whats this button do?





(She pushed the fast forward button and heard it make a strange sound.)





Karasu: Thats a weird song.





(She pushed another button, the play button, and the radio began playing an Eminem song.)





Karasu: Ooh cool! F this and F that! Yeah!





(Karasu started head banging to the song and Hiei came walking by. He looked at her strangely and heard the song.)





Hiei: Eminem? You actually like this shoot?





Karasu: Yeah! Its frackin awesome!





(Hiei just shook his head and walked away thinking, Sometimes I wonder about that twisted mind of hers, especially after brain-washing it with Eminem. Leona came back from the future and walked over to Karasu, hearing the song.)





Leona: Oh yeah! This is the shoot right here!





Karasu: I know! I love this Eminem guy! He hates his dad too!





Leona: Really? Cool! (Leona and Karasu both started head banging to the song, Cleanin Out Mah Closet, and Shippo came walking by. He heard the song and went over to join them.)





Shippo: Whats that sound?





Karasu: I dont really know.





Leona: And I dont really care.





(They continued dancing and Shippo joined in too. Oh boy! Meanwhile at Kagomes school, Okashi was showing Kagome an algebra equation.)





Okashi: And then you take the square root of three hundred. Understand why?





Kagome: Uhh& not really. Where did you get three hundred?





(Before they had a chance to finish the lesson, the bell rang and the class had to leave.)





Okashi: Well have to continue this later I guess. How about at my house? Three-thirty? Will that work for you?





Kagome: Sure. No problem.





Okashi: Youll have to go home by six though because I have singing practice at church this evening& unless you want to come with me.





Kagome: That sounds nice. Ill be there.





(Okashi and Kagome smiled at one another. They seemed to have a rather well developing friendship. After school, Kagome went to visit Okashis home for the tutoring, and Keera greeted Kagome with a blow-up sausage. Keera whacked Kagome in the head with the sausage and giggled, and Okashi took the sausage from her, whacking her in the head with it.)





Keera: Hey!





Okashi: Forgive her. Shes a little immature.





Keera: I am not! Im fun. Now give me my sausage.





(Keera snatched her sausage back and walked off, and Kagome just gave her a strange look.)





Okashi: My sister, Keera. Its hard to believe were related.





Kagome: Shes funny.





Okashi: Funny is hardly the word. My rooms this way.





(Okashis mother greeted them before they approached her room.)





Mother: Well hello there.





Kagome: Hi.





Okashi: Mom, this is Kagome. Im tutoring her in math.





Mother: Oh okay. Well good luck and have fun. We have a lovely church if you would like to join us.





Okashi: Yes mother, shes coming with us today if thats okay.





Mother: Great! Well be glad to have you.





(Okashis mother smiled and Kagome felt welcome.)





Kagome: Thanks.





(The mother walked away and Kagome said:)





Kagome: Your mom is very nice.





Okashi: Yeah. Were a Christian family.





Kagome: Thats nice.





(The door to Okashis room had a curtain in front of it with cutout flower designs for air ventilation, and Okashi pulled it back to reveal her bedroom.)





Kagome: I love your room! You have a lotta blue.





Okashi: Yeah. Blue is my favorite color.





(Kagome looked over at her keyboard.)





Kagome: You play piano?





Okashi: Yes. I have been writing music for years, since I was eight.





Kagome: Wow! Id love to hear you play.





Okashi: We have time. Sure Ill play something for you.





(Okashi sat at her keyboard and played a gentle melody. Kagome closed her eyes and listened to the music, liking what she was hearing. Then Okashi began to sing.)





Okashi: Down and afraid one lonely night, feeling so helpless and alone. I buried my worries under my heart, hiding away til its gone&





(She sang the same song at the church practice as the words continued as such:)





Okashi: Then I feel a warm embrace take the fear away from me. I hear voices in my head and theyre telling me&





(While Okashi sang the chorus of her Christian song, her mother leaned over and spoke in a low voice to Kagome.)





Mother: Isnt her music just lovely?





Kagome: Yes it is. I cant believe she wrote something so beautiful.





Mother: Its always been a talent of hers.





(Okashi continued the chorus.)





Okashi: Oh I know that youre scared and I know that you hurt. I will gladly ease the pain if youll pray. And if you stray away I wont make you decide, but Ill be here if you change your mind&





(Kagome listened closely to every word that Okashi said and took in their meaning.)





Okashi: Ill be by your side. Ill be in your heart. In the words of Jesus.





(Back in the Feudal Era, after Karasu, Leona, and Shippo were done with the radio, Inuyasha came across it and wondered what else the contraption could do. He pushed the play button and Linkin Parks Breaking the Habit began playing.)





Inuyasha: Wow& this is awesome!





(Inuyasha seemed to like that song rather well. Later on, Hiei had his chance with the radio as he came across it. He became curious, and after looking around to see if anyone was watching, he pushed play and heard, I love you. I love you. I love you. I love youuuuu! This made him turn it off very quickly while shouting, and then he ran away Hiei speed! Now thats fast! [And man do I hate that song&] Anyway, when Miroku came up to the radio, he looked at it and wondered, How do I get it to play that pretty tune again I wonder? When he pushed play, it played, Booty booty booty booty rockin everywhere& Miroku sat silently for a moment, but then he sang:)





Miroku: Yeah! Buddha Buddha Buddha Buddha rockin everywhere! Get it right. Get it tight.





(After that, he appeared baffled as he turned it off and said:)





Miroku: Wait& What would Buddha want to get tight?





(Later that night while lying in bed with his wife&)





Miroku: Sango&?





Sango: No Miroku. I will not bear your child. Keep your hands on your side of the bed.





Miroku: No its not that& What would Buddha want to get tight?





(Sango gave him a strange look.)





Sango: What the&? Go to sleep Miroku. Youre not making sense anymore.





(Miroku just rolled over on his side and pondered on the meaning for most of the night. He couldnt sleep unless he knew the meaning of the song, so he quietly snuck out of bed and went to the radio that was outside. He turned it back on and listened to it, and then he heard a new part of the song.)





Miroku: Ooh thats a neat part! Hey Miss new Buddha. Wait a second, theres a miss Buddha? Coolness! I can grope Buddha!





(After saying that, he then acquired a look of worry and paranoia as he turned the radio off.)





Miroku: But that would be an ultimate sin& I cant grope Buddha. What was I thinking?





(Miroku sat with his hands over his mouth, rocking back and forth with a strange look in his eyes.)





Miroku: Must be pure& Cant think of sins&





(Sango came out there and saw him sitting there like that.)





Sango: Miroku?





Miroku: SINS!





(He jumped up and ran off, and this confused Sango as she looked at the radio.)





Sango: Hmm&





----





Now this was one odd chapter huh? Miroku has one big misapprehension. The song that Okashi was singing is a song that I wrote called, In The Words Of Jesus.






Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

keera_punked_out on August 9, 2006, 5:17:45 PM

keera_punked_out on
keera_punked_outLOL! Buddha! Crazy. I like the Eminem song. ^_^

mandy94t on July 20, 2006, 8:26:29 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tEminem?What the crap??I listen to real music,man-COUNTRY!!!!*blasts Big and Rich**MP3 messes up*Fine.Rascal Flatts.*blasts Rascal Flatts**radio explodes*oops.Better that than my MP3.

VahnTheWhiteDragon on July 17, 2006, 1:22:00 PM

VahnTheWhiteDragon on
VahnTheWhiteDragonhahaha this chap was funny XD

mikita_inugirl on July 17, 2006, 1:09:21 PM

mikita_inugirl on
mikita_inugirlWell so far the chapters are showing odd errors, but hopefully those will clear up. The & things are supposed to be ... and the square boxes are suppposed to be apostrophies. Oh well.