Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Recognized

Okashi, a new girl, is discovered as looking strikingly similar to Mikita. Could she be a reincarnation? What about Tsuyoku's reign? Will he continue to take over Naraku's position?

Chapter 16 - Recognized

Chapter 16 - Recognized






Recognized






----





(Previously in Deceivers Stone 2:)





Okashi: Ow! My arm!





Kagome: Are you okay?





Okashi: Of course not you dunce! Ow! It hurts! It hurts! It& It stopped hurting.





(She moved her arm to see that the bleeding wound was gone, and she and Kagome looked upon this in shock.)





Okashi: Its& gone?





Kagome: & Mikita.





Okashi: What are you talking about? I already told you, I have nothing to do with that demon wolf girl.





Kagome: But she had the power of healing.





Okashi: There has to be a logical explanation.





Kagome: No listen. I mean just look at you. You have blood red nails that have grown in size even since yesterday, plus they are growing to a point.





Okashi: Theyre just weak I guess.





Kagome: Your eyes flashed red in the classroom&





Okashi: Now you sound like Keera.





Kagome: Okashi! Please& just hear me out.





(Okashi didnt want to listen to her, but she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms, agreeing to hear what Kagome had to say.)





Kagome: Im sorry that I lied to you. I really am. Ive always had to hide the truth because people would think I was a lunatic. I knew that you didnt want to become involved with demons either, so I had to make something up, but you saw it. You went through the well just like Mikita could. Youre even getting her attitude, even if you dont notice it, except she was always cussing. You have so many of her traits, and you even saw her in your dreams that you told me about.





Okashi: That was Mikita?





Kagome: It sure sounds like it. Its as if shes in you. Shes a part of you. Youre the reincarnation of Mikita. You just have to be& and we need your help.





(Okashi looked down at her claws silently, not knowing what to say.)





Kagome: Inuyashas not a bad guy. He may be a half demon, but he has the heart of a human. He protects me. He protects all of his friends. He can protect you too. He wont let anything bad happen to you. He knows youre Mikita deep inside, and just because you are doesnt mean you have to be evil either. Mikita always believed that all living creatures, human or demon, have the power to choose what they want to be. Youre a Christian. Youve chosen your path& and we could really use faith right now.





(Okashi looked into Kagomes eyes, taking in her words.)





Kagome: So please. Will you help us? We cant do it without you.





(Okashi was quiet for a moment, trying to decide.)





Okashi: Kagome, I&





(Soon a man drew the attention to the crowd with the stage microphone, interrupting Okashis reply.)





Man: Excuse me everyone! Excuse me!





(Karasu was suddenly normal as she stopped running around in a panic, Inuyasha threw the football players away since he no longer had to listen to Karasus loud squeals, and everyone got quiet.)





Man: The lead singers of B & C Live have gotten food poisoning. I was wondering if we had any singers in the house tonight that would like to fill in for them.





Kagome: (Points to Okashi) Okashi can! Shes a great singer!





Okashi: (Blushes nervously) Kagome&





Man: Well come on up Okashi.





(Okashi was frozen with her nerves.)





Kagome: Come on Okashi. You sound great. I love your music and your voice. You can do it.





(Okashi gathered up her courage and walked toward the stage, and everyone cheered her on for encouragement. Inuyasha was about to pound a football player until he realized what was happening, then he just dropped the boy and looked at Okashi as she reached the stage. Okashi looked at the electric guitar player and asked:)





Okashi: What do I do? You dont know my music.





Guitar player: Just sing something and well follow. Its okay.





(Okashi gulped and agreed, going up to the mic. She looked out at the crowd and imagined it as her fellow church members. Taking a deep breath, she prepared herself to sing.)





Okashi: Down and afraid one lonely night. Feeling so helpless and alone. I buried my worries under my heart, hiding away til its gone&





(As she started the next part, the pianist joined in and this boosted her confidence.)





Okashi: Then I feel a warm embrace take the fear away from me. I hear voices in my head and theyre telling me&





(As she started the chorus, the drummer joined in as well, followed by the guitar player.)





Okashi: Ill take the rain away and when the lightning strikes, Ill be there keeping you safe. And when youre afraid at night, Ill be there by your side if you keep me in your heart.





(Okashi began to smile and move around to the music, and everyone else did as well as they cheered. They seemed to like the song a lot.)





Okashi: Oh I know that youre scared and I know that you hurt. I will gladly ease the pain if youll pray. And if you stray away I wont make you decide, but Ill be here if you change your mind. Ill be by your side. Ill be in your heart& In the words of Jesus.





(This was only part of the song since I dont feel like typing all of it out, but as the song ended, the crowd cheered loudly and jumped up and down. Kagome had the biggest smile and cheer since she knew that she helped her friend out.)





Karasu: Whats a Jesus?





Hiei: Hes not a what. Hes a who. I told you before.





Karasu: Oh& (Confused)





(Inuyasha was impressed as he clapped to do as everyone else was doing. Okashi felt great and her confidence was boosted. This was a great event for her that was to mean a lot, for the man met her as she walked off stage.)





Man: You were magnificent! Where did that song come from?





Okashi: I wrote it not long ago. Ive sung it in church a couple times, but this was simply awesome!





Man: I loved it. What would you say about a record deal?





Okashi: Ive always hoped for something like that! If only a record dealer was here.





Man: (Hands her a card) Youre looking at one.





Okashi: (Squeals) Oh my goodness! Are you serious?





Man: (Shakes her hand) Wild Myles at your service.





Okashi: Wow! Its nice to meet you! By the way, how did you get here? Why are you here at my school?





Man: Your principal is my brother. He had me fill in for him while he went in for his toe surgery.





(Okashi and Kagome looked at each other strangely and shrugged.)





Man: Whenever youre ready for this opportunity, give me a call.





Okashi: Okay.





(Okashi was nearly speechless, but as the man walked away, she and Kagome squealed with joy.)





Kagome: Oh wow! This is so amazing Okashi! You are getting a great start in the real world!





(People ran up to her and congratulated her for her job well done. So many people crowded around her, and the attention was so new to her.)





Girl: You were so amazing! That song was beautiful!





Boy: Did you write that yourself because I loved it!





Girl: I want it on a CD!





Okashi: Well that might just happen. (Holds up the business card and smiles)





Kagome: Yay! Im buying a copy!





Girl/Boy: Me too!





Girl: I want a copy!





Boy: You have to make a record deal! You were amazing! (Okashi had so much attention, but once she finally had a moment alone, Kagome came up to her.)





Kagome: You did so great! Your song was beautiful, and you sang it so wonderfully, just like you did in church.





Okashi: You really think so?





Kagome: Yeah. I know youll be very successful with your singing.





Okashi: Kagome& Thanks. You really helped me realize my potential.





Kagome: Youre welcome.





(They looked away from each other and fell silent for a moment. It was silent until Karasu ran over of course.)





Karasu: You were so awesome! Im gonna have that song stuck in my head now!





(She started imitating Okashi with her singing, but it was more like high-pitched squealing annoyances.)





Karasu: Ill take the rain away, and when the lightning strikes&!





(Inuyasha moaned and fell to the ground holding his ears and Hiei winced. Everyone around her that went to the school covered their ears and walked off. Sakura joined Karasu and squeal-sang as well, which made it twice as irritating.)





Kurama: I cant feel my eyelids.





Hiei: Karasu! Stop! Just& stop.





Karasu: Fine. Ill just sing something else. Cause shes bitter sweet! She knocks me off of my feet!





Hiei: NO! Not that!





Sakura: YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! WEEEEEEEEEEE! Bitter sweet!





Kurama: Ow& help me.





Okashi: Oh look. My mom is here. (Thank goodness) I have to go.





(Okashi walked out and Kagome followed her.)





Kagome: Hey Okashi&





(Okashi turned to face her.)





Kagome: I know Ive apologized so many times, but& I just want to know if you forgive me.





(Okashi was quiet for a moment as she looked upon her face.)





Okashi: (Smiles) Yeah. I forgive you.





(Kagome smiled and hugged Okashi.)





Kagome: So youll help us?





Okashi: & Ill try my best.





Kagome: Yay! Oh Im so glad! I promise Ill never lie to you again.





Okashi: Dont make promises you cant keep.





(Kagome fell silent and thought Okashi was serious, but she soon giggled.)





Okashi: Im kidding. Im kidding. You dont have much of a sense of humor do ya?





(Kagome and Okashi embraced one another and laughed together as their friendship was recollected.)





Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

keera_punked_out on August 9, 2006, 6:40:17 PM

keera_punked_out on
keera_punked_outI didn't poison the band... hehe..."
Kurama: I cant feel my eyelids." LOL! I love Kura. Actually... I hate him... awelll.

mandy94t on August 5, 2006, 4:33:27 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tYAY!!!!!!!!a record deal?sweet!!Okashi's lucky.she's talented.I'm just talented at being annoying.lol