Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 17 - Protecting the jewel

Okashi, a new girl, is discovered as looking strikingly similar to Mikita. Could she be a reincarnation? What about Tsuyoku's reign? Will he continue to take over Naraku's position?

Chapter 17 - Protecting the jewel

Chapter 17 - Protecting the jewel






Protecting the jewel






----





(Back in the Feudal Era, Sango was sitting by a lake in deep thought, with Kirara by her side as always. Miroku& he seemed nervous. I was the one who was afraid, but now that I see what he really feels&)





Miroku: Sango?





(Sango looked behind her to see Miroku coming toward her. She was shy after what had happened, so she blushed and turned back around. Miroku sat next to her and wondered why she was blushing.)





Miroku: Whats wrong?





Sango: N-Nothing. Its just& what we did. I cant believe we&





Miroku: I know. Me neither.





Sango: I always thought that was what you wanted to do all along.





Miroku: It always seemed that way didnt it? (She looked at him questioningly.)





Miroku: I always talked about needing a descendant to take over for me if I died, but I never really expected to become intimate with a woman&





(He looked into her eyes thoughtfully, taking her hands into his own.)





Miroku: Especially the one I love and truly care for.





(Sango began to get tears in her eyes. Miroku really cared for her. He had a tender heart and was even shy sometimes. She had come to realize that you never really know a person until you marry them.)





Sango: Miroku&





(Before any other words were said, a large tentacle came out of the lake they were next to and grabbed Miroku around the waist.)





Sango: Miroku!





(She jumped up and grabbed her Hiraikotsu, standing in her usual battle stance.)





Sango: Hiraikotsu!





(Her large boomerang sliced the tentacle holding Miroku off, causing him to fall into the water. He surfaced his head to breathe and opened his eyes to an angry demon. It was glaring at Sango and one of its seven arms it had left went toward Sango.)





Miroku: Look out!





(The tentacle grabbed her around the waist and picked her up instead, squishing her tiny body and making it difficult to breathe. Miroku climbed out of the water as fast as he could and grabbed a sutra, preparing to throw it at the demon, but another of its tentacles came down on him and smashed him roughly onto the ground. The sutra was thrown from his hand and he could not reach it. It was squishing both of them, but before any serious injuries came to them&)





Inuyasha: Wind Scar!





(The wind scar hit the large octopus in the large center part of its body, destroying it and freeing Miroku and Sango. Sango fell limp into the water, and it seemed as if she had lost consciousness. Miroku did not hesitate to dive into the water and save her. Grabbing onto her waist, he brought her up to surface and laid her carefully on the grass. She almost immediately started coughing and a little bit of water came out of her mouth. Kagome ran over to them and knelt down on the other side of Sango.)





Kagome: Sango are you okay?





(Kagome and Miroku helped her sit up and she replied:)





Sango: Yes. Im okay. My head just hurts a little, thats all& and my ribs.





Inuyasha: That demon was crushing you pretty hard, so Id say so.





Sango: Miroku, what about you?





Miroku: My stomach hurts a little, but its nothing. I was more concerned about you Sango.





(Sango and Miroku smiled at each other, gaining another tender moment. Miroku then hurriedly took the jewel out of his pocket and handed it to Kagome.)





Miroku: Here. Take the jewel& quickly. I am so glad youre here. Take it to your time and protect it again. I cant protect it as well without my wind tunnel. I hate to admit it, but I kind of miss it.





Kagome: It was a big help in certain situations, wasnt it?





Miroku: Yeah. It was.





Sango: Kagome. Did you ever convince Okashi to help us?





Kagome: Yes actually. She forgave me and she said shed help us in any way possible.





Miroku: Im glad to hear that.





Sango: So where is she? Kagome: (Smiles) Shes a little busy right now.





(Kagome was referring to the next day when Okashi was ready to make her demo. Her mother was hugging her tightly and she was so happy for her daughter.)





Okashi: Mom& mom. Youre kinda squishing me.





Mother: (Lets go) Im sorry honey. Its just that youre finally getting your music out there like God wants for you, and Im so proud of you.





Okashi: Thanks mom.





Mother: Now youll be able to get Gods word out to those who need Him with them.





Okashi: Mom, you can spare me the lecture. I know that, and I couldnt be happier.





(All except for the being the reincarnation of a demon part. Heh, Okashi thought to herself, Shell never have to know. She cant know or shed have a heart attack. The record dealer Wild Myles walked up to them.)





Myles: Well. Are you ready to be a new addition to Wild Myles records?





Okashi: Definitely!





Myles: Thats just what I wanted to hear. Well then, lets get started, shall we?





Okashi: Okay.





(Okashi was starting to get a bit nervous now, but as she looked out the window, she saw Kagome smiling at her for encouragement. This made her feel better and reminded her of how much people in her school liked her music. They all wanted her to make a CD, and she knew she could do it, so she took a deep breath and accepted the deal. As we skip on to Monday at school, Okashi and Kagome walked the halls together.)





Kagome: I am so glad you made your demo! You could be famous! Okashi: I doubt it will go that far.





Kagome: Oh please. You have the voice of an angel.





(A couple of girls walked up to Okashi.)





Girl 1: Are you going to make a CD?





Girl 2: Yeah, because I really want that song. Id listen to it every day! Okashi: (Holds up CD) Actually&





Girl 1: You did! I want to hear it!





Girl 2: Me too! Can we hear it? Please?





Kagome: How about in math class? It could stall time. (Giggles)





Okashi: Good idea.





(In the math class, they listen to it and the whole class listens well. The teacher closes his eyes and enjoys the song very much. The song ends and the class cheers. Even the class next-door cheers.)





Teacher: That was simply astonishing Okashi! I would love to have a copy of that song.





Okashi: Were going to make copies soon.





(Everyone was glad to hear this. The students were talking among one another about how they were going to buy a copy.)





Teacher: All right class. Just because we spared a little time doesnt mean theres no work to be done today.





Class: Aww&





Kagome: (To Okashi) It was worth a try.





Okashi: (Giggles) Yeah. Oh well. Back to tutoring.





Kagome: Yeah I guess so.





(Kagome looked at the sacred jewel around her neck and the shard of it in her pocket and thought, Yeah, and its back to my normal life. No more helping Inuyasha search for the shards. Why do I keep thinking about this stuff? I knew it would happen one day. I just have to protect the jewel here in my time so there will be no more trouble. At least its safe here. As she was thinking to herself, the girl named Kumaru was looking at Kagome with a certain, unworldly gaze. Who exactly was this Kumaru anyway? Anyway, we now take a look at what Inuyashas doing. Hes just sitting around with Miroku and Sango.)





Inuyasha: The jewel should be safe with Kagome.





Miroku: Yeah. I couldnt take much more of the tension, the suspense, and the responsibility.





Sango: What did Kagome mean about Okashi being busy?





Inuyasha: She was supposed to put a song on this thing called a CD. Im not sure what that means, but everyone liked that idea.





Miroku: Okay&





(Inuyasha smelled a particular scent and looked straight ahead.)





Inuyasha: Not him again.





Miroku: Who?





(At that time, Koga showed up running normally up to them.)





Koga: Wheres Kagome?





Inuyasha: Not here.





Koga: What? Did you lose her?





Inuyasha: No, now beat it.





Koga: Where is she?





Inuyasha: At her house!





Koga: Wheres her house?





(Inuyasha got up in Kogas face.)





Inuyasha: None of your business.





Koga: Are you picking a fight, mutt?





Inuyasha: (Unsheathes sword) Maybe I am.





Miroku: (Sarcastically) Oh great. Here they go again.





(Inuyasha held back due to the remembrance of Kagomes voice yelling sit at him for fighting with Koga. He just stood there for a moment, and then sheathed his sword. Koga looked at him strangely as if to question this action, and he was even more confused as Inuyasha simply turned and walked away.)





Koga: Hey! Where are you going?





Inuyasha: Youre not worth my time.





(Miroku and Sango wondered the same thing Koga did. Why did Inuyasha turn down a fight? Eh, its yet again dramatic irony since we know why. Meanwhile, Okashi relaxed on her bed while Kagome played around with her keyboard.)





Kagome: This isnt as easy as you make it look.





Okashi: I know. Ive had years of practice. I started playing when I was six.





Kagome: Wow! You sure know a lot then. Do you write down your notes?





Okashi: Actually I dont know how to read notes.





Kagome: What? Youre kidding! Then how do you play if you cant read notes?





Okashi: I play by ear. I just kind of taught myself how to play, and eventually I started writing lyrics with the melodies. The melodies stay in my memory, although I sometimes forget old melodies. Heh. Then it takes a longer while to play around and remember them.





Kagome: Could you play me one of your melodies?





Okashi: Sure.





(She began to play a peaceful tune without words and Kagome enjoyed its serene bringing. It made her envision meadows with deer hopping trough them. She imagined trees blowing gracefully and an ocean flowing calmly in the moonlight. The ringing of the phone soon interrupted this. She heard Keera running through the hall to get to it, and then heard something break.)





Keera: Oops! Uhh, I got it! (Okashi shook her head and smiled slightly at her sisters recklessness. Not long after that, Keera brought Okashi the phone.)





Keera: Its for you. Its some guy named Myles.





(Okashi took the phone and put it to her ear.)





Okashi: Hello&? Yeah its me& A what! Go on tour? When&? Are you serious&! Okay Ill ask her. Bye.





(She hung up the phone and screamed out loud very excitedly.)





Okashi: Mom! I have to tell you something! Were going on tour!





----





Well it looks like Okashi has made it to the big times after all. Who will she choose to go on tour with her?






Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

mandy94t on August 5, 2006, 4:40:28 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94toooh.sweet.I went around a few states once.I hadta live in an eighteen wheeler for two weeks.but I went to Texas,North Carolina,and a few more.
Okashi on tour?like Big and Rich with Comin' to Your City?
kinda hard to believe.lol

mikita_inugirl on August 3, 2006, 8:41:26 AM

mikita_inugirl on
mikita_inugirlI mean above -_- lol

mikita_inugirl on August 3, 2006, 8:40:39 AM

mikita_inugirl on
mikita_inugirlhttp://www.fanfiction.net/s/3050522/1/
This is annoying submitting it here. The story can also be found in the link below. ^__^