Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 40 - Once A Hardened Heart...

Okashi, a new girl, is discovered as looking strikingly similar to Mikita. Could she be a reincarnation? What about Tsuyoku's reign? Will he continue to take over Naraku's position?

Chapter 40 - Once A Hardened Heart...

Chapter 40 - Once A Hardened Heart...
Once a hardened heart&

----
(Okashi sat inside Kaedes house with Miroku, Sango, and Kaede. The kitten was with her as well, sleeping in contentment in her lap. Kirara was asleep on Sangos lap, doing just as the kitten was. They were discussing Mikitas actions as they gathered in a circle.)
Miroku: How did you know about what Mikitas mother said? Did she tell you?
Okashi: Like that would ever happen& No. I saw it in her memories as we shared my body. I saw her saying it to that dog demon that was here earlier, so I thought it was her saying.
Sango: She told Sesshomaru about that?
Miroku: The two are very close. Sango: Yeah, but it seems so strange for Sesshomaru to have any kindness in him, and Mikita too. They seem so cruel and heartless.
Okashi: That wasnt always Mikitas thoughts.
Kaede: What do ye mean child?
Myoga: I could explain that for you.
(Myoga hopped on Okashis arm and took some of her blood. Okashi shrieked and smashed the flea.)
Okashi: EWW! It talks!
Miroku: Myoga? What are you doing here?
Okashi: Myoga? You people named a flea Myoga& a talking flea?
Myoga: They did not name me, but that is my name. Yes.
Okashi: Okay, this is weird, but Ill go along with it. I should be able to believe anything by now.
Myoga: Your blood doesnt have a demonic savor to it.
Okashi: Nope. Im human and proud to be it.
Miroku: Myoga, what do you know about Mikitas ways anyway?
Myoga: Ahh yes. Mikita. Well as you may already know, she was the fault of her mothers death when she was only a child. Being on her own in this cruel world, she had to learn to fend for herself. She grew spiteful and heartless over time, losing all the care and mercy in her heart. Although she was affected in such a malicious way all her life, she never let go of the memory of her mother.
(Okashi looked down sadly, remembering her real mother and what had happened in her own life long ago.)
Myoga: She always held her words within her heart: Its any hearts choice of how they wish to be, demons and humans alike. A part of her mother was always in her, and she sometimes decided to try and bring that out in herself, but she always went back to her malevolent ways. She never thought she could measure up to her mother. She also thought that being kind was a waste of time and that it would do her no good.
Okashi: The greatest influence on her however was how she grew up. Once a hardened heart, always a hardened heart.
Myoga: That is very true.
Sango: What I dont get though is: Why did she come back so evil when she was trying to find her kindness within before she died?
Miroku: Sango has a point. She was becoming kinder each day as she was with our travel group while searching for Naraku.
Myoga: She must have felt that her kindness and sacrifices were what killed her.
Miroku: So when she came back, she chose to no longer have a care in her heart for anyone because she found it pointless?
Myoga: In a sense. Yes.
(Okashi looked out toward the door as if Mikitas actions were her fault. Meanwhile at the Jaganshi residence, Hiei walked toward his kitchen in the morning wearing nothing but boxers. He cleared a sleepy tear from his eye that was about to form a tear gem and just flicked it away. Yawning with his sleepiness, he soon found a surprise. Finding a man in a while suit and a hat by your stove when youve just woken up is not something taken lightly. Hiei stood in the prepared-to-attack-at-any-given-moment position as he stared the man down.)
Hiei: Who are you?
(The man turned with a spatula in his hands, and he spoke with an Italian accent.)
Man: Ah, nice shorts sir. Would you like to sample my newest creation for your family sir?
(Hiei let down his guard a bit as he stared in confusion at the man before him, who turned back around to the stove and poked something carefully in a skillet with his spatula.)
Hiei: KARASU!
(Karasu walked into the kitchen and smiled as she eyed her husband up and down.)
Karasu: Well good morning sexy.
Hiei: Theres some dude in white cooking in our kitchen! Would you mind explaining this?
Karasu: Oh, I see youve met our new chef.
Hiei: A professional chef? Youre paying this guy to cook for us? (Sarcastically) I suppose the maid will be arriving this afternoon.
Karasu: Hell no! Im not paying someone to do my job! My house! My cleaning!
(A bit of liquid popped out of the skillet and the man went to grab a napkin.)
Karasu: I GOT IT!
(Karasu zoomed over and snatched the napkins from the mans hands. Taking one piece of the napkin, she frantically scrubbed the dirty spot in the floor.)
Karasu: Dont worry floor. Ill get you all cleaned up.
(Hiei thought to himself, Oh yeah. I forgot that she was a neat freak. Karasu stopped scrubbing and sighed.)
Karasu: Looks like its not coming up as easily& (Cheery) Time to bring out the toothbrush!
Hiei: (Sweat drop) Toothbrush?
(We havent checked up on Yusuke and the gang in a while, so lets see whats going on. Kumaru was sleeping peacefully in Yusukes apartment. She looked so sweet and innocent when she was sleeping. Nobody knew very much about the girl. Her ears were pointed slightly like a particular type of demon or perhaps an elf. Yusuke watched over her while she slept. Noticing the watch around her wrist, he observed it for a moment before slipping it off of her wrist carefully. He saw a shadow behind him, which made him a bit jumpy as he stood up on his guard.)
Yusuke: Oh, its just you Kurama.
Kurama: What are you doing?
Yusuke: Looking at this watch.
(They were talking softly and soon Yusuke decided to quietly exit the room and shut the door, Kurama with him.)
Kurama: What does it do? Is that how she traveled here?
Yusuke: Yeah I think so. Maybe if I press this button&
(He pressed a button on the watch and it sent both him and Kurama away in a patch of smoke. They suddenly zapped into a random persons house. They were in the bedroom and the couple was making love. They shouted and covered themselves as Yusuke and Kurama backed away.)
Yusuke: Uhh& My bad. Sorry.
(He pressed another button and they poofed out of the bedroom. This time, they ended up in the Jurassic times when dinosaurs roamed the earth.)
Yusuke: Where the heck are we?
Kurama: This must be the Jurassic Period.
Yusuke: Is that the time when God created the earth?
Kurama: (Eye roll) No, its when the&
(They then heard a dinosaurs loud roar and looked up to see a giant T-Rex.)
Kurama: & dinosaurs roamed the earth.
Yusuke: Youre smarter than me and you dont even go to school anymore.
Kurama: Neither do you.
(What freaked them out the most, more than just seeing a dinosaur so closely, was seeing BobThe Burger King searching dude from the futureriding on the T-Rexs back.)
Bob: Wahoo! I love this new ride at Burger King! Yeah!
(Yusuke and Kurama raised an eyebrow and zapped out of there. This time, they landed in the hallway of the house of the Jaganshi residence.)
Kurama: Where are we this time?
Yusuke: I dunno.
Sam: (Deep bark) ROWF!
Yusuke: Whoa& Big dog.
Kurama: How does the watch control where we go anyway?
Yusuke: Im not sure. I just remember thinking that it would be funny to end up in someones bedroom and then I thought about getting to see a dinosaur in the far past&
Kurama: It must work by your thoughts. What were you thinking this time?
Yusuke: I was thinking about Hiei, wondering what hes been up to.
(They heard noises coming from a nearby room and tiptoed closer to listen. They could hear Karasu and Hieis voices from within the room.)
Karasu: Push harder Hiei!
Hiei: Im trying& (Grunt) You cant make me do all the work!
(They both sounded out of breath, and Yusuke smirked at the possible meaning. Kurama just rolled his eyes and continued to listen. They could also hear the springs from the bed as it sounded like it was moving.)
Yusuke: (Whispers) That sounds like Hiei.
Karasu: (Moan) Just& a little further& Were almost done&
(They could hear Karasu and Hiei breathing rapidly. Kurama couldnt stand being an eavesdropper as he stood up to walk away. Yusuke on the other hand was being a pervert, so he pulled a peeping Tom move and carefully turned the doorknob. Strangely it was unlocked. Kurama turned back to Yusuke in disappointment.)
Kurama: (Whisper) Yusuke&
(Yusuke ignored Kurama and walked into the bedroom, confused with what he saw.)
Yusuke: This is what you were doing? Moving your bed to a different spot in the room?
(Hiei was on one side of the bed and Karasu was alongside the other as they were holding onto the edges of the bed, moving it closer to the wall.)
Karasu: What did you think we were doing?
Hiei: And what are you doing here?
Yusuke: (Sweat drop) I uhh&
Kurama: Hiei? Is this your house?
Karasu: Yep, this is the Jaganshi residence.
Yusuke: Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. You mean this is your house too? (Points to Karasu)
Karasu: Uh-huh.
Kurama: Did you just say Jaganshi residence?
Hiei: Yeah, about that&
Karasu: Were married!
(Karasu smiled big and Hiei blushed slightly, leaving Yusuke and Kurama surprised as their jaws dropped. After a while of standing and staring, they met up in the living room and discussed matters.)
Yusuke: No way& Youre expecting? Man Hiei! How much playtime have you had before dinner?
Hiei: Pervert.
Kurama: Its nice that you chose to settle down with someone Hiei. I love your home.
Hiei: First of all, this was not my idea. She forced me against my will.
Karasu: Its what you secretly wanted. Dont lie to support your ego.
Hiei: Hn.
Kurama: Have you guys found anything else out about Tsuyoku?
Karasu: He was there in the Feudal Era in disguise not long ago and he tricked that mortal girl into losing her soul.
Yusuke: So hes showing up now is he?
Hiei: Not really. Its been rather quiet lately.
Yusuke: That cant be good. Something must be up.
Kurama: What happened to the girl? Did you get her soul back?
Karasu: (Dazed out) & Huh? Are you still talking?
(Sam growled toward the door and everyone looked over toward him. Mikita casually walked in with Rena on her shoulder.)
Karasu: Hi Miki!
Mikita: Yo.
Hiei: Dont you ever knock?
Mikita: Why should I knock when Ive got a key?
Hiei: A key? How did you get that?
Mikita: How else? I stole it from you when I was robbing you.
Hiei: You just make yourself right at home dont you?
Mikita: Yeppers.
Kurama: Mikita. Your scent is altered yet again.
Mikita: Yeah, I took over that mortals body since she went and left it like an idiot.
Yusuke: The same girl that lost her soul to Tsuyoku?
Mikita: Yeah. So?
Yusuke: So you were there when it happened? What all do you know about the situation, and are you going to make any more sexy music videos anytime soon?
Kurama: Yusuke. Focus.
(Sam was growling at Rena, who had jumped down from Mikitas shoulder. Rena hissed back at the large dog and their faces became mere inches apart. It looked as if they were going to be hostile, but instead Sam licked the top of her head and Rena purred, rubbing against him. This surprised everyone.)
Karasu: I didnt know you found Rena again.
Mikita: Yeah, and it looks like shes got a new buddy.
Hiei: Cats and dogs are supposed to be natural enemies. This is weird.
Karasu: This is great! Now I know my Sam isnt gay with a half-breed mutt!
(Of course Inuyasha just happened to pop up out of nowhere upon hearing the word mutt.)
Inuyasha: Shut up midget!
Hiei: Wasnt me that time idiot.
Sam: (Deep bark) ROWF! (Jumps on Inuyasha)
Inuyasha: Not again!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

keera_punked_out on September 14, 2006, 10:04:27 AM

keera_punked_out on
keera_punked_outKarasu: Looks like its not coming up as easily (Cheery) Time to bring out the toothbrush!
Hiei: (Sweat drop) Toothbrush?
Sounds like my mom. ^_^
Yusuke: Youre smarter than me and you dont even go to school.
Kurama: Neither do you.
Kurama DOES go to school! Mwahahaha!
Yusuke: No way Youre expecting? Man Hiei! How much playtime have you had before dinner?
Hiei: Pervert.
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAAA!!!!!1!!!iii!!!11one

mikita_inugirl on September 30, 2006, 3:06:42 PM

mikita_inugirl on
mikita_inugirlWhoops. I meant to add "You don't even go to school anymore." I forgot the anymore. My mind works too fast -_- XD.

mandy94t on September 13, 2006, 6:56:49 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tlol finally a dog that jumps on someone else!!lol!Yusuke is a pervert.when I was about seven and didn't know what the heck anime was I pronounced his name Yoo-sook.lol.^ ^awesome job
Inuyasha:Shut up midget!*kills me*
Me:*anime vien**comes back to life*HEY YA FREAKIN' HORROR MONKEY!!DIDN'T YO MOMMA TEACH YA ANY MANNERS WHILE YOU WERE SCREWIN' HER?!
Yusuke:And I thought I was rude.
Me:Shut up reject.
*we all get in huge fight*