Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 46 - Is This The End?

Okashi, a new girl, is discovered as looking strikingly similar to Mikita. Could she be a reincarnation? What about Tsuyoku's reign? Will he continue to take over Naraku's position?

Chapter 46 - Is This The End?

Chapter 46 - Is This The End?
Is This The End?

----
(Sesshomaru still wandered the lands as always, yet this time he was accompanied by little three-tail. The kitten would fall a bit behind due to its curiosity, but it always noticed that Sesshomaru was farther ahead and ran to catch up with him. He would glance back at the kitten and continue walking on as the cat followed him. Okashis life was still a mess as she remained within Kaedes home. She took comfort in cuddling the young kitten that resembled Buyo.)
Okashi: Youre so sweet, but I dont know what to name you. I think Ill just call you Kitty.
(The kitten purred and rubbed against her hand. Apparently it had no preference about what it was to be called, as long as it was with her. Okashi had become attached to the young cat as well and it was a very cooperative relationship.)
Kaede: Tell me child, are ye ever going back to your home?
(Okashi thought about that for a moment and tears came to her eyes.)
Okashi: I& I dont know. I wish I could.
Kaede: Well ye know that ye are welcome here for as long as ye desire Okashi.
Okashi: Thank you lady Kaede. I really appreciate that.
(Kitty heard a sound from outside Kaedes house and jumped up, meowing in response.)
Okashi: Kitty? Where are you going?
(Okashi followed Kitty outside and saw her with her mother, Rena. Kitty rubbed against her mother, but Rena was distracted by something as she sniffed the air.)
Okashi: Rena? What is it girl?
(Rena continued to meow in a downhearted tone as she looked around her. Myoga hopped from Renas tail onto Okashis shoulder.)
Myoga: She is mourning the loss of her owner.
Okashi: What do you mean? Is Mikita gone?
Myoga: Indeed she is. The priestess Kikyo had the soul of the mortal body that Mikita possessed, and when they got too close, Kagomes body called its soul back. Mikitas soul was booted out. Who knows where she is now& or if she plans to possess yet another body.
Okashi: Wow& It all sounds so complicated.
Myoga: Life is complicated child. Life is complicated.
(Having given his words of wisdom, Myoga hopped down and back into Renas fur. These words actually meant something to Okashi as she pondered this terminology. Meanwhile at the Jaganshi residence, Hiei stepped out of the bathroom and slipped on the shiny tile floor, falling down and landing roughly on his back.)
Hiei: Ow! Karasu!
Karasu: Sorry! I must have over-waxed it. Heh&
Hiei: (Sigh) Neat freak.
Karasu: Did you taint my clean toilet again Hiei?
Hiei: Its called urinating and everyone has to do it.
Kurama: Yes, and everyone has to breathe.
(Kurama, still depressed, went back to eating a bag of Doritos. Hiei snatched this bag from him and looked at him with disappointment.)
Hiei: You cannot be this depressed about a breath holding contest! She cant be that good at it!
Karasu: Did somebody say breath holding contest?
Hiei: Yes. I did, and Im going to prove it to Kurama that you are no better than anyone else.
Karasu: (Excitedly) So youll accept my challenge?
Hiei: Yes Karasu. I accept your challenge.
Karasu: YAY!
Kurama: Youll lose Hiei.
Hiei: Kitsune, you have a lot of guts telling me that I am going to lose to her.
Kurama: Well if you can hold your breath for more than two days, then more power to ya.
Hiei: Two& days?
(Hieis eyes flew open at that moment. Karasu could hold her breath for how long?)
Karasu: Yeah. Since Im part dragon demon, I can go without breathing for two days because I can acquire oxygen through my scales. So are you ready to challenge me or what?
Hiei: (Sweat drop) Uhh&
Kurama: See? I didnt know that either before I had accepted her challenge. Now I must live with my loss.
(Kurama found a bag of onion rings nearby and began to eat them. Jee, Kurama does not sound like the Kurama we know. I wonder how the contest will turn out? Eh, lets face it. We know how it will end. Anyway, lets check in on Kagome. As she fell through the sky-like atmosphere while passing through to her era, she thought, Kikyo& She felt so misplaced after she died and had to be brought back into this world. She always thought about Inuyasha, and he always thought about her. It was all because of Naraku that their dream didnt come true& and its all because of my jealousy that they couldnt be together again. She landed on the other side and looked up, noticing flashlight beams glowing everywhere. She heard voices out there as well. One voice said, Shes not in this shrine, but we will find her. Kagome had a look of confusion as she climbed out of the well. When she stepped out of the shrine, she broke through a yellow strip of police line tape that read, Police Line: DO NOT CROSS. Her mother was outside crying and so was her grandfather. Kagome approached closer and seemed to be baffled.)
Kagome: Excuse me. Whats going on? Who are you looking for?
Officer: There she is! Thats the girl!
(The officers took her by the arms and this frightened and surprised her.)
Kagome: Wait! Whats going on? Why are you doing this?
Officer: You are under arrest for committing serial murders and being associated with Mikita.
Kagome: Associated with Mikita?
(Oh no! Mikita must have been using my body when she committed even more murders. Now shes out to get me in trouble as well, just like Okashi. They tested the DNA and it must have matched mine! Kagome thought as she struggled in fright.)
Officer: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be held against you in
(Before the officer could finish his sentence, Inuyasha came in on the scene and attacked the detectives. He grabbed them both by the collar behind them and forced them to release Kagome. He then threw them aside and went to Kagomes side.)
Inuyasha: Kagome? Are you okay?
Kagome: Im fine, but
Inuyasha: Good. Let me kill these demons and well get you out of here.
(Inuyasha extended his claws and the police took out their guns.)
Kagome: No Inuyasha! They are not demons! Just& come on! We have to get out of here now!
(Kagome ran toward the shrine and Inuyasha followed her. The officers shot at them and Inuyasha reciprocated by giving them the Iron Reaver. The policemen were greatly wounded, but Kagome and Inuyasha made it back to the Feudal Era with no injuries. Kagome was in such a hurry that she tripped and fell once she got out of the well. She was in such a panic as she covered her eyes with her hands. Inuyasha climbed out of the well and looked at her questioningly.)
Inuyasha: Whats the big deal? I took care of those demons& or whatever they were.
Kagome: They were police officers and they were going to arrest me!
(Kagome was crying now and Inuyasha didnt understand as he knelt down next to her.)
Inuyasha: Arrest you?
Kagome: Its too much to explain to you right now. I dont know what to do. Now my life is all messed up just like Okashis life& all thanks to Mikita. I wish none of this had ever happened.
(Thats when it hit her. There was a solution all along. She took the Sacred Jewel out of her pocket and looked at it, allowing her tears to fall among it and into her hand. Inuyasha still did not understand her meaning.)
Inuyasha: Kagome, what are you doing?
(Kagome looked into his golden eyes and tried her best not to allow any more tears to escape her as she took his hand.)
Kagome: Inuyasha& I need to talk to you.
(Kagome led him to the Sacred Tree, where it was peaceful and calm. The sun shone through the leaves of the trees and made lovely patterns around them. Inuyasha knew that this was something big lingering on her mind as he stood there with her. Kagome looked at the particular shapes and curves of the Sacred Tree, looking away from Inuyasha yet addressing him.)
Kagome: Do you remember the day we met here& right here at this tree?
Inuyasha: Of course I do. I never forget it.
(Kagome saw an image of him sealed to the tree with the sacred arrow from that day.)
Kagome: I knew there was something about you the moment I saw you there. Thats why I chose to remove the arrow and set you free&
(She turned to him as her hair flowed delicately with the breeze that whispered by. In her eyes was a glow of kindness and sadness combined.)
Kagome: I knew you had something to do with me.
(Inuyasha gazed at her as she walked closer. He felt the closeness to her within his heart.)
Kagome: Meeting you is everything I had ever hoped for.
Inuyasha: Hn. Im not that great.
Kagome: You are to me Inuyasha& just the way you are.
(Inuyasha had obtained his rude mood in order to avoid sappiness.)
Inuyasha: Are you going somewhere with this?
Kagome: I just wanted to tell you what was on my mind before I say goodbye.
Inuyasha: More of those tests of yours? Arent you done with those annoyances yet?
Kagome: No. I meant& goodbye forever.
(Inuyashas attention and seriousness were gathered after that statement.)
Inuyasha: Forever? What do you mean?
Kagome: Everythings just going all wrong. It was my fault in the first place that the jewel was shattered. It was because of me that your feelings were altered for Kikyo, though you will always love her, as you should. When I was in her body, I shared her memories. I knew what she was thinking. She was always thinking of you. You two had always planned to live happily together as normal humans. Then Naraku got involved and we were constantly endangered. He ruined your chances, but I was the one that kept your chances destroyed. When Mikita entered our lives, it was even more chaos. Her father Tsuyoku took over Narakus position and hes ten times worse! Not to mention she stole your heart as well and ruined Okashis life& and now shes ruined mine. Okashi cannot return home& and neither can I.
Inuyasha: Kagome, what are you saying?
(Kagome hesitated to speak as she thought of how to word the thoughts in her mind. She took Inuyashas hands into her own.)
Kagome: It would have been better if you had never met me at all.
Inuyasha: Dont say that.
Kagome: Please, let me finish. It seems impossible to fix these problems now, but if I had never entered the picture, none of this would be happening. Eras are not supposed to mix anyway. That could be a big contribution to this mess& Its all because of me, and now I have to set it right. Inuyasha&
(She couldnt finish her sentence as her eyes watered up.)
Inuyasha: Kagome?
Kagome: Ive really loved being with you. No matter what staying by your side has put me through, I wouldnt have wished it any other way& but now I have to. Goodbye Inuyasha.
(For one last goodbye, she merely wanted to feel the tenderness of his lips against hers as she placed her hand behind his neck tenderly and eased herself closer to him. He accepted this warmly as he closed his eyes and reciprocated his feelings for her. Kagome withdrew from the kiss and looked down in despair. Inuyasha still desired to be close to her as he placed his forehead gently against hers. He wasnt sure of what else to do or say. Kagome backed away from him and looked into his eyes once more, but only for a second. She was too hurt inside to accept her choice, and so was he. As she tried to move away, he still held onto her hand, not wanting to let go. She gave him a look that said a thousand words and he knew that this was her choice, so he allowed her hand to slip away. Kagomes bottom lip quivered as she turned away, looking at the jewel within her hand. She wiped her nose on the edge of her sleeve and sniffed to clear her runny nose. This was it. Her choice was decided as she took a deep breath.)
Kagome: This era will be much better off without me. I had always wanted to resume my own life, and this is the only way& I wish none of this had ever happened. I wish I had never fell into the well in the first place and I never want to remember any of this.
(Her body began to glow a lavender hue as she started fading away, and Inuyasha reached his hand out toward her, wishing that he could grab onto her hand and stop her, but the decision was made. A tear fell down Kagomes cheek as she spoke lightly.)
Kagome: Im sorry Inuyasha. Its better this way.
(Inuyashas hand was still stretched out to her as he watched her fade away and out of his life forever. This was difficult for the hanyou as a trickle of sadness trailed down his cheek as well. He brought his hand in to his chest and lightly closed his fingers into a fist. This was the last time that he would ever get to see Kagome. The wish on the Sacred Jewel had come true and Kagome was sent back to the day of her fifteenth birthday. She kicked her shoe off at the door, just like it was before.)
Kagome: Im off!
(She walked out through her yard and saw her little brother Souta at the entrance of the shrine. He was looking in there as if he was afraid of something and Kagome approached.)
Kagome: What is it?
Souta: Buyo went in there.
Kagome: So go get him.
Souta: Why do I have to?
Kagome: Because youre the one thats looking for him.
(Kagome heard scratching sounds from inside the shrine and it sparked her curiosity as she walked down the stairs. Souta stayed behind and watched his sister go into the shrine. Kagome heard the scratching behind her and it frightened her as she shouted. This scared Souta as well and he jumped back, but they had come to find that it was only Buyo. She sighed and picked him up.)
Souta: You should have seen the look on your face. You were all, AAAAAHHHH!
(Souta was mocking her and she stood up with Buyo in her arms.)
Kagome: (Mocking back) Look whos talking Mister Why Do I Have To Go?
(She walked back up the stairs with Buyo in her arms and set him down in the grass.)
Kagome: Okay. Im off to school.
(She ran off so she wouldnt be late.)
Souta: See you later sis!
(Kagome resumed her normal life that she was meant to have. She always hung out with her three closest friends and was on the honor roll in school. She attended almost every day of school and she didnt seem to remember any that had happened. She didnt remember going back to the Feudal Era. She didnt remember making the wish on the jewel. She didnt even remember Inuyasha. All that she knew is that she led the normal life of a school girl in Tokyo, Japan.)
----
Is this really the end of DS 2? You tell me.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

keera_punked_out on October 6, 2006, 2:39:45 PM

keera_punked_out on
keera_punked_outHiei: Its called urinating and everyone has to do it.
Kurama: Yes, and everyone has to breathe.
LOL! What an emo!

mandy94t on October 3, 2006, 9:31:30 PM

mandy94t on
mandy94twell heck no it ain't the end!I wanna see Tsuyoku get beat so hard his momma feels it,by God!....okay...hyped...sorry.Awesome job!

mikita_inugirl on October 4, 2006, 2:13:48 AM

mikita_inugirl on
mikita_inugirllol yeppers. It can't be the end because Tsuyoku has not been defeated, Saishii hasn't been introduced, Vahn hasn't been introduced, and etc. I CAN'T WAIT TO WRITE MORE! XD

mandy94t on October 4, 2006, 7:53:19 AM

mandy94t on
mandy94tI CAN'T WAIT 'TILL SAISHII SHOWS UP!!IT AIN'T EVEN MY FIC FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!AND I'M STILL HYPED!!GAH!!