Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Frozen Instance

I wrote this based on an instance that happened not too long ago. It meant so much to me and inspired me a great deal, so I wrote this short little story about my experience and feelings.

Chapter 1 - Frozen Instance

Chapter 1 - Frozen Instance
Frozen Instance

----
These moments are rare, moments that I hold within my heart. They are the times that I wish would stand still, only to be caught in a single moment of comfort. Every water droplet of rain falls as the seconds we spend in the reassurance of our memories, while we cuddle together with our last night of closeness. As I feel you there next to me, while we are not even an inch apart, I can sense your thoughts of serenity. I undergo that very stillness within my soul as it remains thus. Alongside the calmness of our hearts stands a connection that will never be surpassed. In my mind it is reminiscent, for I treasure this unique bond with all of my being. I feel that no other could understand the fulfillment of my spirit in such times. There is such stillness in the air that I can interpret so many precise details. You are so close that I can feel your heartbeat against my arm, a rhythm that seems to match my cadence as they beat simultaneously with one another. One twitch of your leg assures me of the state of sleep that you have drifted into. From your mouth escapes soft sounds as if you are trying to speak. It makes me wonder what you are dreaming. Are these sounds of distress or mere words from within your dream world? What could you be trying to say? More questions travel throughout my mind, as I lie here awake in my contentment just being with you. Every breath you take in and release makes you seem so calm, so serene. I decided to match my breathing with yours. Perhaps if I concentrate long enough, I will be able to find your dream and accompany you. To share a dream as well would be a delight, but it is a difficult task to accomplish. Still yet, I continue to try and join you within your dream world as my body becomes more relaxed every minute. I could not equal your breathing pattern exactly each time, but I kept it as precise as possible. After a while, I begin to see something forming in front of my closed eyes. I see swirls of an atmosphere of some sort, yet it is faint and no materials can be deciphered. I lose touch with my conscious mind as I slowly drift away. Moving me away from this vision, I feel your hand groping gently across my stomach as if trying to find something. You had acknowledged my presence within the image. I took hold of your hand and brought it to my chest, calming your movements and making myself feel a greater sense of belonging. We remained in this comfort for quite some time until you finally decided to change your position. Moving partially onto your back, your hand removed itself from my chest, taking my hand with it. The mild grip of your fingers kept hold of mine as you brought them to your chest. This was a subconscious motion that you were unaware of, for another soft jerk of your arm proved to me that you were not yet awake from the dream. This brought a smile to my face because I knew that we were ensured a prosperous life, remaining with one another for all eternity. Our faultless relationship would remain as this frozen instance.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

keera_punked_out on July 10, 2007, 8:21:18 AM

keera_punked_out on
keera_punked_outWho was it with?

mikita_inugirl on July 20, 2007, 5:51:32 AM

mikita_inugirl on
mikita_inugirl*smirks* THat is something only the writer knows of.