Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Pass or Fail! Part 3

Suki=Love (not like the one on Gaara's head! That's ai) :D

Chapter 6 - Pass or Fail! Part 3

Chapter 6 - Pass or Fail! Part 3
 Suki


Chapter 6: Fight! Pass or Fail! Part 3


MBS: -phew- it seems these are getting harder and harder to write! I BLAME SCHOOL!!! XP


~Recap~


Kakashi sensei smiled under his dark blue mask as the pink-nde and blonde jumped up and down (though Naruto was tied up to a stump), “THIS ROCKS! IT MEANS ALL FOUR OF US—”


“Are hopeless. More schooling would be pointless. None of you will ever be shinobi!!!” the gravity defying haired sensei said, interrupting the pink-nde and blonde.


The two stopped and gasped and Sasuke’s smirk faded. Foxx kept staring at him. She knew.


~Story Start~




The masked sensei continued, “Give it up. Not one of the four of you......WILL EVER BE A NINJA!”


-~**~-


“You invited me to lunch because you wanted to learn something, right, Iruka?” Hokage-sama asked Team 7’s ex-sensei, “What is it?”


Iruka went on ahead and answered, “Group seven—Naruto and the others...what kind of teacher did you assign them, Lord Hokage? Is he very strict?”


“...who...Kakashi? Does it worry you? Here!! It’s a roster of all of Kakashi’s previous students among the junior-level shinobi—who passed and who failed,” Hokage explained, handing a book to Iruka. (Why does Hokage-sama carry those around with him?! O.o’’)


‘It......it says...!’ Iruka thought.


-~**~-


“WHAT DO YOU MEAN—GIVE UP?!” yelled the kitsune-boy. “GIVE ME A BREAK! OKAY, SO MAYBE NONE OF US GOT OUR HANDS ON ONE OF YOUR STUPID BELLS......BUT WHY THE HELL SHOULD WE QUIT OVER THAT?”


‘Sake and I got some bells,’ Foxx thought, pouting.


“Because not one of you......has what it takes!”


Sasuke growled and lost all self-control he had left and ran toward Kakashi-sensei-san. “HUNH?!” yelled the blonde.


“SASUKE!” yelled the Sasuke-fangirl.


“Sake-san!” the hanma—which had more control over herself—gasped—ok, maybe not.


POW


In a split second, Sasuke was breathing in dirt, Kakashi-sensei on top of him. The sensei continued, “What you are is a trio of spoiled brats with a person that’s not even good about telling people about what she is.” He turned his glare to Foxx and she looked to the ground in ashamedness. It’s a word. Who knew?


“DON’T STEP ON SASUKE! GET OFF OF HIM!” yelled the pink-nde (running gag), ignoring the thing about Foxx.


The sensei turned to the two others and said, “Are you trying to make fun of the shinobi with your behavior? Well, are you? Do you even stop to wonder for one minute......why you were divided into teams?”


“Uhh......excuse me?”


The hanma stared at the ground still and explained, “It was easy to figure out. It was teamwork. I tried to tell you, Haruno-kun, but you wouldn’t listen....and Naru-san, I was going to tell you too....but I got caught up in teaming up with Sake-san that I forgot about you, Naru-kun...gomen.”


The sensei explained, “If the four of you had come at me...together...you might have been able to take the bells.”


‘...but...wait a minute!’ thought the pink-nde.


“IF WE WERE EXPECTED TO FUNCTION AS A TEAM, WHY DID YOU ONLY HAVE THREE BELLS? EVEN IF WE’D WORKED TOGETHER, ONE OF US STILL WOULD HAVE HAD TO GO WIHTOUT LUNCH. YOU’RE PREACHING TEAMWORK, BUT YOU PLAYED US AGAINST EACH OTHER!” yelled the Sasuke-fangirl.


“Of course. This task was designed to cause dissension in your ranks,” said the silver haired sensei.


“WHAAATT?!” yelled the kitsune boy.


“The situation was set up to reveal which of you......would set aside your individual interests......and propose to the others that you work together for the good of all. Instead of which......you, Sakura, ignored Naruto, who was right in front of you......while you focused your attention on Sasuke, though you didn’t know where he was. Naruto tried to do single-handedly what should have been the work of all three! And Sasuke, you only fallowed Foxx because you were afraid. Afraid of the power that she possesses. Now, if you all listened to Foxx, you probably would’ve passed. She was the only one that thought through this and figured things out. You are a team! Learn to act as one! Hai, it’s necessary for ninja to have individual skills, but...what is even more important now is teamwork! Thanks to Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura, Foxx, along with the three of you, will head back to the Ninja Academy for more training. Making a play as an individual is bad for the team and exposes your comrades to unnecessary danger. You might as well kill them yourself....here’s an example,” the sensei explained, reaching for a kunai. He brought it down to Sasuke’s neck, “Sakura! Foxx! Kill Naruto. Or Sasuke dies.”


“WHAT!!?” yelled Naruto franticly.


“The day could come......when one of you may be taken hostage, and you’re forced to make such a choice. When you are on a mission, your lives will always be on the line,” the sensei got off of Sasuke and started walking to a stone as the pale skinned boy got up, “Look at the marker...all the names carved in the stone. Heroes of our village. Ninja.”


The little blonde boy’s ears perked up, “THAT’S IT! I JUST MADE UP MY MIND! THERE’S WHERE I WANT MY NAME TO GO! I’M NOT GONNA THROW MY LIFE AWAY! I WANT TO BE LIKE THEM—A HERO!”


‘No you don’t, Naruto,’ the hanma thought.


The sensei cleared his throat, “...but the ones listed there aren’t just any heroes...”


“Really? What kind of heroes are they?” The silver haired sensei stayed silent, “COME ON! COME ON!”


Foxx answered that, “The dead kind. They died in the line of duty.”


Naruto’s face changed fast from joy to grief.


“This is a memorial,” continued the sensei, “It includes the names of my best friends....pay attention...! I’m giving you all one last chance. One that will be far more difficult than our last little game with the bells. If you’re prepared to continue, you may eat one of the bento boxes. But no sharing with Naruto. He goes hungry.”


“Why?” asked Sakura.


“He brought it on himself when he tried to sneak lunch for himself. If either of you feeds him, you fail the test right there. My word is law. Do you understand?”


He disappeared and Naruto acted like he always did, “OI, THIS’LL BE A BREEZE. I CAN GO WITHOUT LUNCH...NO PROBLEM.”


His stomach grumbled.


~Do, do, do~


Foxx, Sakura, and Sasuke sat around Naruto’s stump eating—well, Sakura and Sasuke were eating, Foxx was just stirring the food around the bento box, just staring at it blankly.


“Foxx,” said the Uchiha, gaining her attention, “Eat or you won’t be much use...with such low energy and that...Stirring it won’t do anything....”


The hanma sat there and moved her eyes from Sasuke to the food. She sat there for a second then looked slightly up at Naruto. She held her bento box (with the food) out to the blonde boy, sorta scaring him a bit, “Just as Sake said, eat it, Naru-san.”


The tan-boy sat there in shock.


‘Foxx,’ thought the Haruno heir and the Uchiha heir in unison. The burnet girl gave Sasuke a quick glance with the words ‘death will come to you if you don’t offer your food either!’


“B-but, Foxx-chan,” the pale-boy said suddenly, “What about what Kakashi-sensei said? Not to have the dobe have food?”


“Screw those words. To hell with them...! I live by my own rules!” Foxx said, sounding angry-ish, “I’m no little girl anymore, Sake-san. I’m not that same little girl that’s still hurting inside from the two massacres,” her eyes fixed back onto Naruto, “Go on....Eat.”


The blonde boy gulped and Sakura just stared, ‘The two massacres...? What is she talking about...?’


The Uchiha heir stared at his food for a second before handing it over to the blonde, “She’s right. You’ll slow down if you don’t eat, baka.”


“Sasuke,” the pink-nde said, staring at the raven-haired boy. She looked at Foxx then, who also was surprised by the Uchiha’s act of kindness (OMG! So much OOC-ness! oO), “Kiba....”


The pink-nde looked down at her food, ‘...i have been on a diet...’


She jabbed her food to Naruto. Sasuke and Naruto stared at her while Foxx smiled at her rival on the inside.


-~**~-


The burnet chunin stuttered, staring at the small book in his hands, “This...this is...”


“Hai...there’s no denying that Kakashi is extremely strict,” the third acknowledged. “And when his students come to him, they are utterly naïve...”


“I can see that...but...No one? No one at all...?”


“Hai. Kakashi never passes anyone. Ever...”


-~**~-


A bird went ‘tweet’.


-~**~-


A HUGE boom went off. The silver haired sensei came running out of it.


“YOU....” he yelled. “....PASS!” He winked at them.


“Eh...?!” questioned the pink-nde.


“Hunh?” the Kyuubi vessel said.


“WE PASS!? BUT...WHY?!” yelled Sakura.


“You three have just taken a giant step forward,” Kakashi sensei told them.


“Ummm....how?”


“Up until now, all any of you have done is listen unquestioningly to everything I say......like mindless, little drones. A true shinobi seeks for the hidden meanings within hidden meanings. In a ninja’s would, those who violate the rules and fail to follow orders......are lower than garbage. However......those who do not care for and support their fellows...are even lower than that!”


‘That’s...kind of......cool!’ the blonde thought.


“This exercise is now concluded. YOU ALL PASS!! That’s all for today, team seven. Your duties will commence tomorrow!!!”


“I...I DID IT! I DID IT! I’M A NINJA! NINJA! NINJA! NINJA!” yelled Naruto. The four others started to go home. “UH...OI, GUYS? I’M STILL TIED UP HERE...GUYS?!!”


Foxx quickly and quietly threw a kunai be hind her, without looking, and cut the rope without cutting the blonde.


“Th....thanks....?” the blonde answered, questioningly yet scared.


And in teh words of Masashi Kishimoto-sensei, now that Naruto has realized his lifelong dream of becoming a ninja...what kind of duties lie ahead?! Only time—and the next chapter—WILL TELL!!


To Be Continued...




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment