Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Tazuna--The Bridge Builder!

Suki=Love (not like the one on Gaara's head! That's ai) :D

Chapter 8 - Tazuna--The Bridge Builder!

Chapter 8 - Tazuna--The Bridge Builder!
 Suki


Chapter 8: Tazuna—The Bridge Builder (...or worst client -_-‘)


MBS: YAY! Sakura, Kakashi, Foxx, Sasuke, and Naruto’s first C- (actually A-ranked) ranked mission! ^^ HORRAY! ^^




SHF!


SHF!


SHF!


SHF!


Cell 7 moved through the forest very fast. “How far away is the target?” the sensei asked through a transmitter.


“Five meters and closing! So...how much longer are we gonna wait?!” Sasuke said (sorta mostly yelled) back.


“I’m in position,” Sakura said in to hers.


“I’m ready too,” Foxx said into hers.


“So am I,” Naruto said.


“All right! GO!” the sensei ordered.


The four of them jumped toward the target. Naruto grabbed hold of it.


“GOTCHA!!!”


“MEEE-OOOW!!!!” went the target—a kat (-MBS gets bonked on the head by Fire) cat.


“Remember. Our quarry has a ribbon on its right ear that says “Tiger”...make sure there’s no mistake,” Kakashi said through the transmitter.


“Target confirmed,” Sasuke assured while Naruto was getting scratched to death by Tiger the kat (-MBS get hit again) cat.


“Good! Then ‘mission: Find the Missing Pet’......is accomplished!”


~~~


A very fat lady hugged ‘Tiger’. She was Lady Shijimi—wife of the ruler of the Land of Fire...


“Poor Tiger...Good little Kitty-kitty...I was so worried about you, I could have died!” she said.


‘Oh, man!!! What a nightmare. How does that poor, dumb cat put up with it?’ thought Naruto.


‘With that to look at home, can you blame him for running away?’ thought Sakura.


‘....who’s that lady again...?’ thought Foxx.


“Now,” the Hokage said, “The next assignment for Kakashi’s team seven will be...hmm...to baby-sit for the council of elders...to run errands to the neighboring village...to help dig sweet potatoes............”


“NO WAY!! NO THANK YOU~!! BORRRRING!! GIVE US SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO DO. SOMETHING IMPORTANT! SOMETHING AMAZING!!!” yelled the blonde.


‘.......he’s got a point,’ thought the Uchiha heir.


‘Oh......he is such a pain!!!’ the pink-nde.


‘Sigh...be grateful for what you can get!’ thought the silver haired-sensei.


‘WHO’S THAT LADY?!?!’ thought Foxx, even more loudly than before.


“DON’T BE A FOOL~!!” yelled Iruka, “EVERYONE STARTS OUT DOING GRUNT WORK. IT’S WHERE YOU GET EXPERINCE, SO YOU CAN WORK YOUR WAY UP TO THE BIGGER THINGS.”


“WE’VE DONE TONS OF SMALL STUFF. CAN’T WE GET SOME ACTION?!!” yelled the Kyuubi vessel.


Kakashi-sensei bopped Naruto on the head, “Naruto, that’s enough. Knock it off!”


“Apparently Naruto needs an explanation of just what these duties are...you see, every day, our village receives many requests...for everything from babysitters to assassination. We take that tremendous variety...we have also divided the shinobi into classes......based on the level of their skills. After we of the upper echelon have sorted all the requests......we distribute them those of the level of ability deemed most appropriate. And....if the ninja in question completes those duties successfully......then the grateful person has helped pays him a fee...thus far, the three of you have only just attained the lowest rank......level D tasks are the best you could aspire to,” the Hokage explained (MBS got no clue what he just said...YAY!).


“Hmm...I had pork ramen for lunch yesterday...so I think I’ll have miso ramen today,” Naruto mumbled to himself.


“ARE YOU LISTENING?” yelled Lord Hokage.


“I...I’m sorry,” Kakashi said nervously.


“I don’t want to hear it! All the old fart ever does is apologize and then give me a lecture,” Naruto acknowledged, “BUT IT’S NOT FAIR. THERE’S MORE TO ME THAN THE TROUBLE-MAKING SCREW-UP......THE OLD MAN THINKS I AM!”


‘I am going to be in so much trouble for this later,’ thought the sensei.


“Very well,” the Hokage said, surprising Naruto, Sakura, and Kakashi, “Since you put it that way...I will permit you to attempt a C-grade task—usually reserved for shinobi of the journeyman level......the protection of a certain individual...”


“All right!!!” the kitsune yelled merrily, “WHO IS IT? SOME GREAT LORD? THE DAIMYO!? A PRINCESS!?”


“Compose yourself. I’ll perform the introductions straightaway. Please invite him in...”


The door opened reveling a old man with a bottle of alcohol or something, “Nani’s going on here? They look like a bunch of wet nosed brats. Especially......the midget. He’s got the face of an imbecile. It’s a joke right? You kids aren’t really ninja, are you?”


“HA-HA!” laughed the blonde, “Who’d you mean? Which midget? Which imbeci—!!” Sasuke and Foxx were the tallest. Sakura was in the middle. And the midget was—“I’LL KILL HIM!!!”


“Wrong,” the sensei told him, holding him back from killing the mysterious old man, “No killing the old man you’ve been assigned to protect.”


The old man continued, “I am Tazuna, a bridge builder of ultimate renown...until I am safely back in my own country, where I’ll be completing my next bridge, you’ll all be expected to protect me...even if it costs you your lives!”


‘I do...?’ questioned Foxx in her mind.


~~~


The five of them stood just outside of the village gates. “ALL RIGHT! ROAD TRIP!!!” Give you a guess who said that...


The Sasuke-fanny-girl asked, “What are you babbling about?”


“This’ll be the first time in my life I’ve ever been outside of the village!” the blonde looked right to left.


“Am I really expected to place my life in the hands of this baka?” asked the old man (I’m never really in this story gonna call him Tazuna).


“There’s no call for concern. I’m an elite ninja, and I’ll be along, too...”


‘This guy has got to be the worst client in the history of our village,’ thought the kitsune, ‘And I’m not gonna let him give me any crap.’


“LISTEN, YOU OLD GEEZER! YOU DON’T MESS WITH NINJA. EVER. ESPEIALLY NOT A REALLY GOOD ONE, LIKE ME!” he yelled, “I AM THE CREAM OF THE ELIETE. IN FACT, ONE DAY I’M GONNA BE THE NEXT LORD HOKAGE! SO REMEMBER MY NAME. IT’S UZUMAKI NARUTO!”


“Hokage, eh?” asked the old fart, “The lord of your village? The best there is? I don’t think someone like you has it in him.”


“WELL, YOU’RE OLD AND STUPID! I AM DOING ALL THE RIGHT THINGS, AND I’M DOING THEM FAST. AND WHEN I BECOME HOKAGE, YOU’RE GONNA WISH YOU WERE A LOT MORE RESPECTFUL TO ME RIGHT NOW!!!”


“Respect you? I don’t think so. Not even if you did become hokage.”


“YOU ARE DEAD!!!”


“I said NO, you little dobe,” the masked sensei said angrily.


~~~


“Um,” the girl named after cherry blossoms, “Mr. Tazuna...?”


“Nani now?”


“You come from the Land of the Waves, right?”


“Nani of it?”


“Um...Kakashi sensei...are there ninja in that country too?”


“No,” the sensei said plainly, “Not in the Land of the Waves. But, as a general rule, even with all the differences that exist in local customs and cultures. For most of the countries on this continent, the ninja villages serve as the military force, they protect their own people and handle the ongoing relations with neighboring countries! Yet, the villages do not answer to the rulers of their native countries. Instead, they are on an equal footing with the government. In the case of very small island nations where an invasion would be difficult to mount, a ninja village is regarded as unnecessary. Among the various ninja villages, in particular, those located in the lands of Konoha, Kiri, Kumo, Suna, and Iwa are large—and their strengths immense. Those are called the five great lands—which were six—of shinobi. They are also the only places where the shinobi leader calls himself a kage, or shadow...Those legendary leaders, Hokage—or Fire Shadow—and Mizukage—or water shadow—for example...plus, Raikage, Kazekage, and Tsuchikage are known to ninja everywhere as the five shadows......the ultimate commanders of all the tens of thousands of shinobi throughout the world.”


Inner Sakura pouted, ‘I don’t see anything that great about the old fart who’s always lecturing us!’


“Really? Hokage-sama is SO amazing!”


“You obviously don’t really think so,” said the sensei.


Sasuke looked at the sensei, “Wait...I thought there was a sixth shinobi country...!!”


“Hmm....?” the sensei said, turning around to the student, lazily. “Oh, hai....”


“Nani happened to it...?”


“Now, Foxx’ll have more information about THAT country than I do, won’t you Foxx?” The 26 year old jonin said, turning to the hanma girl reading the book she was reading the other day....which was upside-down. Still. (I WOULD DO THE SAME EXACT THING IF I FELT LIKE IT!)


“Wha’...?” she said looking up, acting dumb.


“About the legendary sixth shinobi village.”


“...wha’?” she asked again dumbfounded. “OH! The Great Hanma Village that burned down to the grown because of that BASTARD, Iteco? Yea.....it died.”


“I didn’t mean of its destruction. How it was legendary.”


“Well, it DIED! I think that’s why....or that it was ruled by non-full-human people with demons that humans think are all evil but they’re not because some protect their vessel and that but then there’s the type of yokai that’ll kill their vessel because the vessel is very, very annoying or abusive, but they can’t because if they do, then the demon dies as well also the reason that hanma can’t be killed by yokai. Only other hanma and a genso yokai—or dream demon—can kill a hanma. Like the one called Yakamita. The biggest, scariest, and toughest genso yokai.”




“Nani about the leader?”


“OH...the leader? Well, I don’t know...when I lived there....there wasn’t a leader and they weren’t really going to appoint anyone that I can think of....err....!”


Sasuke looked toward his friend quickly and then to Sakura and Naruto.


“So...they weren’t well protected..?” asked the pink-nde, ignoring what Foxx just said about the leader.


“NAI!” yelled the hanma in anger, “THEY WERE PROTECTED WITH THEIR DEMONS AND BY ELDER-SAMA!”


The raven-haired boy stared at her as if to say Your Asking for it...


The pink-nde blinked like she didn’t care about what the burnet just yelled. “So....what about the clan there that I’ve heard about?” asked Tazuna, “I’m asking you, what about that clan?”


“You mean the Hanma Clan that made up the village? They’re very nice!”


“I meant the things that make them stand out.”


“Oooo....well, one of the most obvious thing is they all have an animal—bird, reptilian, mammalian, fish, insect, etc—head in the middle of their forehead to symbolize the hanma’s demon. For example; a wolf head on their forehead, the demon is Makami, the Yokai of Darkness—also known for being the most powerful and scariest. The second thing is the lines under their eyes. It’s a sacred thing in the village. It’s to help distinguish one from another. The smell of the hanma’s blood is different from any other—”


“THEY USE THEIR OWN BLOOD?!” yelled the blonde and pink-nde.


“Uh...hai. It’s the thing to tell the most about, since most of the hanma rely on sense of smell more than eyesight. As I was saying, the third thing is their eyes.”


“Nani? Why?” asked Naruto.


“Their eyes tell nani element they have. For example; pure black eyes mean that their element is shadows and darkness, which is rumored to be most powerful. To rule darkness is like to rule the sky. There are no boundaries....just opportunities.”


“I heard there was an awesome jutsu they had,” Sakura said. “I don’t remember what it is or what it does—”


“Its name is Bunyaga. Bunyaga has three levels. At the first level, it allows the user to read others minds and send messages if wanted and not use any chakra unless wanted...from either the user and/or the victim. The second level, you can do the same as the first level plus see through the person’s vision, and just like the first level, no chakra is used unless wanted from user and/or victim. The only down side to that one is that you cannot go into the person and make them do things unless you lie. And on the last, first and second level plus being able to go into any creature’s mind and manipulate it or take over it’s mind—just like the Yamanaka clan’s Shintenshin but a lot better in my opinion. The only difference besides not using any chakra is that the user’s body doesn’t get damaged if the victim’s body gets harmed while the hanma’s spirit is in the body. Another thing about the third level...you gain the person’s genki kekkei.”


Foxx looked to the side to see a puddle. ‘Hm....it hasn’t rained lately...’


Just then, two ninja from the mist attacked, and tied a chain around Kakashi sensei! (oh, noes!)


“WHAT?!” Kakashi sensei said, very shocked.


“EH—?!”


“WHAT TH—?!”


One of the ninja spoke, “One little piggy.” Just like a log, Kakashi ripped into millions of pieces.


“EEEYAAA!” screeched Sakura.


“K...KAKASHI SENSEI!” yelled the blonde.


“Two little piggies,” the ninja said again, this time he was behind Naruto!! (oh noes!)


Just then, Sasuke jumped into the air and threw a shrunken at the chained, and had it stick to a tree. He then threw a kunai at the same spot, just to make sure it held. He landed on the weird weapon things the two opposing shinobi wore. He grabbed each one and kicked the two shinobi in the face, breaking the chain.


The shinobi ran towards Tazuna and Naruto!


“STAND BACK, SIR!!” Sakura ordered Tazuna, jumping in front of him to protect him from the shinobi. Sasuke noticed this and, before he could reach them, Fox got in front of the pink-nde girl, protecting her and Tazuna, but something—or someone—stopped the two shinobi. It was Kakashi sensei! YAY!


‘Kakashi sensei...! You’re...alive!!’ thought Sakura, a small smile on her face.


‘Humph...he had to butt in,’ thought Sasuke, ‘I was about to get in there and save Foxx-san.’ (lolz)


‘Kakashi sensei...used the art of transformation...!’ thought Naruto.


‘...whatever...’ thought the hanma.


‘I’m not sure how they did it, but it looks like I’ve been saved!’ thought Tazuna.


“I’m sorry, Naruto,” the silver haired man said, “I should have moved to help you sooner......before you were injured. It never occurred to me that you would freeze up. Good job, Sasuke. Foxx. Sakura.”


‘I...I couldn’t do a single thing! But Sasuke, who’s never been in a real battle before......acted like it was no big deal. He didn’t even break a sweat. But he still managed to save my life,’ thought the Kyuubi holder.


“Oi...are you yoroshii......you big chicken?” asked the Uchiha heir to the blonde.


“Naruto! There’s no time now for fighting,” Kakashi interrupted, “Their claws are poisoned. We have to clean that wound as soon as possible. If we cut it open more deeply the blood flow will wash the poison away. For now, keep as still as possible, so the poison doesn’t spread. Mr. Tazuna.”


“Wha...What is it?!” answered the old man.


“I need to speak with you.”


~~~~


“Our attackers appeared to be journeymen level ninja of the Kirigakure clan mist clan—mist ninjas. They are shinobi renowned for their willingness to fight on until their goal is achieved, even at the cost of their own lives,” Kakashi explained.


“Obviously, they were watching and waiting for us,” said one of the ninja.


“The sun is out, and it hasn’t rained for several days......so there shouldn’t have been any puddles on the ground.”


“If you knew all that, why did you even let those creeps attack you?” asked Tazuna.


“I could have killed them at any time......but...I wanted to find out...who their real target was.”


“What do you mean by that?”


“Were you really the one they were after? Or was it one of us ninja? There has bee no word of any shinobi seeking to take your life. The request that was relayed to Lord Hokage was that you have an escort to protect you against any roving band of thieves and brigands. In any case, it’s clear this is more than a ‘B’ rank mission. To protect you from ordinary dangers until you complete the bride you’re currently constructing......would be a simple thing. But if you expected to be the target of a ninja assault......then it is beyond question that this would have been classified—and priced—as A mission for elite ninja. You may have had your reasons, but it’s never a good idea to conceal the facts when you are asking for help. As it is, this task falls far beyond the boundaries of the job we were assigned.”


“We’re not good enough yet to handle something like this...can we quit?” asked Sakura, “We’ll need an anesthetic for Naruto’s wound before we can re-open it and drain the poison. Can’t we return to the village and have a doctor look at it?”


“Hmmm...This is...complicated! Do we go back now so we can make certain Naruto receives medical attention...?”


Naruto, very angered at what Kakashi sensei said, stabbed his hand, surprising everyone but Foxx, who watched the boy.


‘Why am I always so different?!’ thought Naruto, ‘I HATE NOT FITTING IN!!!!”


“NARUTO, WHAT ARE YOU—?! NAI!! STOP THAT!!” yelled the annoying kunoichi.


‘By now, I should be really strong!’ Naruto kept on thinking, ‘But I blew it...even though I’ve been doing tons of extra training every day on my own, trying to build my skills! I swear, no one’s ever gonna have to save my life again...I’m not going to be the one who nags back or freezes up......and I’m not gonna be outdone by Sasuke! I swear it...by the pain in my left hand...’


The Kyuubi vessel then spoke, “With this kunai knife, I promise you, I...will protect the old man. Reporting, fit for duty, sensei!”


To Be Continued....


MBS: This chapter took FOREVER!!!!....but IT’S FINISHED!!! HAI!!!!!! XDDDDD

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment