Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - To Climb Trees with Feet: Part 2

Suki=Love (not like the one on Gaara's head! That's ai) :D

Chapter 12 - To Climb Trees with Feet: Part 2

Chapter 12 - To Climb Trees with Feet: Part 2
 Suki


Chapter 12: To Climb Trees With Our Feet: Lesson 2


MBS: YAY! Climbing trees w/ feet! I tried that on a wall and I almost gave my mom a heart attack...and then she found out that I’m slow...b/c it was actually the floor and I said that it was the wall...lol.








“Will you demonstrate for the others, Foxx?” Kakashi asked the burnet kunoichi.


“Huh?”


“Demonstrate the tree climbing.”


“OH! Hai, sir!” The girl backed away from the tree she did the whatever it is sign and started to head for the tree. Once reaching the tree she put her left foot on the tree then turned her head to face the sensei, “Um...how high should I go? Top?”


“Just up about 9 feet. That should be enough.”


“Hai, sir.”


She then started walking like it was nothing, while the other three watched in amazement of what she was doing.


“That is what you three will be doing. That’s it, in a nutshell. Focus all of the energy of your chakra toward the soles of your feet and use that power to cling to the trunk. When you have full mastery over your own chakras, this is the kind of thing you can accomplish,” Kakashi sensei said.


“BUT...KAKASHI SENSEI...HOW WILL LEARNING TO CLIMB TREES THIS WAY MAKE US ANY STRONGER?” yelled the pink-nde kunoichi.


“I’m just getting to that,” he said, “Listen and learn. The point of it all, the goal—”


“Is greater mastery over the chakras,” said a voice, higher than all of them. It was Foxx, “Am I right, sensei?”


“Hai. Do you want to teach how to do this?”


“I guess.”


“Then continue.”


“Hai...To use no more than is necessary...but to maximize its effectiveness in where and how it is applied is the game. That subtle control, is the most critical aspect of every jutsu and technique you’ll ever apply. It’s also the most difficult skill for even a master ninja to command. The type of tree-climbing we are doing here requires the most fine and delicate application of chakra energy imaginable. Especially because the bottom of the foot is an area where it is most difficult to manipulate one’s energies. In other words—if you can master the control needed for this skill, no jutsu should ever be beyond you. In theory, anyway.”


“Good job,” the sensei praised his student.


“Arigato.” (Arigato = Thank you) she then continued, “The secondary objective is to build up enough stamina necessary to complete your task once the chakra has been focused. If you think THIS looks hard, it’s even more difficult......to maintain your chakra when using ninjutsu. In battle, circumstances are constantly changing, and a true shinobi has to be able to manipulate and maintain his or her chakras on the fly, if he ever hopes to prevail. The time you need to just stand around trying to summon and control your own powers is a luxury you won’t have. So while you’re climbing those trees......you’ll also be mastering skills that will probably save your lives.”


“Good. Now, no more talk. It’s time for action. The only way to learn is by doing,” Kakashi said, throwing down three kunai knives to Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke, and throwing one Foxx’s way. The three thrown down hit the ground, the lone kunai was grabbed before it had time to hit anything. “Use the kunai blades to score the bark at the highest point you can climb to. It will serve as a reminder for later. Your goal is to make a mark on a higher spot each time you climb. I don’t expect any of you to read the treetop on your first try—or this try, Foxx—a running start will probably give enough momentum for a good first effort. All right?”


“NO SWEAT!!” yelled the blonde kitsune, “I COULD DO THIS ONE BEFORE BREAKFAST! I’M THE FASTEST DEVELOPING NINJA ON THIS TEAM!”


“Foxx, jump down from there, so the others have a fair start,” the silver haired sensei ordered the hanma girl. She looked at him a bit confused.


“But, either way it wouldn’t be fair. I mean, gomen, but their humans and I’m a hanma, and hanma are always stronger than humans and have it easier to handle their chakra, and this is also the highest I’ve ever climbed,” she said, slashing the tree.


“I know, but do what I told you.” She did so. “Choose your trees and up you go!”


‘Right—focus my chakra in my feet,’ thought the blonde, making the weird sign.


OOOOOHMM


MMMMMMM


“READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!!” yelled Naruto, starting to run towards the tree he choose.


Just as he put one foot on the tree, he fell. Meanwhile, Sasuke was going up fast and he crunched some tree (see, that’s 1 reason I HATE Sasuke) and he sliced the tree where he did that.


‘Maintaining focus is a lot harder than I expected...too much force and the surface’s own energy repels you. Too little, and you’ll never adhere in the first place......so you end up like Naruto,’ thought the Uchiha, looking over to the orange shinobi.


‘Huh...! There is the difference between Naruto and Sasuke in a nutshell.’


“This is easier than I thought!” yelled down a cheerful voice. It was Sakura. She got higher than Sasuke (lolz)


“SAKURA...?!” yelled Naruto, a bit surprised.


“Well, now we know which one of you four—besides Foxx—has best control over their chakras. Sakura,” Kakashi said, casually.


Sasuke sighed, ‘What about Foxx? I don’t even see here? Is she still going up?’


“INCREDIBLE!! YOU GO, SAKURA! THAT’S MY GIRL!!!” yelled the orange ninja.


‘Although...it does kind of piss me off!’ he thought right after that.


‘SIGH! I wanted to impress Sasuke...but the only one who cared was Naruto......just like always!’ thought Sakura, a bit depressed.


“Oi! What do I do if I DID reach the top?” yelled down a familiar voice, higher up than Sakura’s.


‘I knew it,’ thought Sasuke.


‘Is...That...!’ thought Naruto.


‘Whoa!’ thought Sakura.


‘Of course,’ thought Kakashi.


Of course, it was the one and only hanma of team 7, Kiba Foxx. She was at the top and still holding her kunai out, and looking even more confused than earlier. “Well...? What do I do now, sensei? I don’t want to hurt the tree,” she said.


“Just put your kunai it the tree. It’ll prove you were up there,” the sensei told her.


She did so and then she looked down.


‘Hmm...Let’s give Sake-san a run for his money,’ she thought, a small smirk arising on her mouth. ‘Kuroi tsuzukeru no jutsu—Dark hold jutsu!’


She then jumped off of the branch she was on and started to hurdle down like a rock. Sasuke stared very scared for his friend, but his feet were frozen. ‘Why can’t I move?’ he thought angrily, looking down. He couldn’t see his feet, he could only see black. ‘Oh, of course, you stop me from saving you, Foxx! How insane are you?’ he thought, more concerned.


She then reached the ground, and just landed like it was nothing. Everyone looked at her strangely. She couldn’t have jumped down all that way without hurting something in her. She then sat down slowly and let Sasuke out of her jutsu. He walked over to her as she took her left shoe off.


“Hurt yourself,” he asked her.”


“Makami-semi is still fighting Yakamita-sama, so she cannot heal my wounds. It’s only a sprain. It’s not that bad. Just something in my foot is wounded. Makami says it’ll heal in just a couple of days,” she told her friend, very calmly. “Kuroi Kuchiyose no jutsu.” Two short black lines appeared in her hand.


~In Foxx’s Mind~


Makami dodged a quick blow from Yakamita. This battle has been going on for days, but it seemed like weeks. The wolf demon was very tired now and if one blow from this monster hit her, she’s down for the count. That’s it. Foxx also will be killed. And with a new injury to the vessel, it’ll be even harder.


“Foxx, the sprain you have just received will heal in a couple of weeks, be sure to be careful on it. I will not be able to heal it until I finish this battle with this ugly son of a—”


Just before she could finish, Yakamita attacked again.


“Hai, sensei. I understand,” Foxx replied.


~Real World~


The hanma just lied the two small poles next to her ankle and reached up her sleeve and started to unravel some bandages on her arm that, just incase the sleeve was pulled off, the hanma curse (I should give it a better name than that) wouldn’t be on her.


“Sasuke,” said Kakashi, “is Foxx alright?”


“She has a sprain,” Sasuke said calmly.


Kakashi walked up to the two and crouched down, “And why hasn’t the demon side of you healing you.”


“She’s fighting another demon at the moment. She cannot stop to heal me, for that will lessen her chakra and put her in danger. I can go without it for a couple of days. I have grate faith in her,” Foxx said calmly, rapping her ankle in the bandages. Kakashi nodded.


Meanwhile, Inari, Tazuna’s grandson, was watching. ‘HAH!! They’re wasting their time...’


To Be Continued...


MBS: Ok, I’m fast forwarding to the Team 7 VS Haku and Zabuza thing! YAY! Cause, I really don’t feel like typing a lot.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment