Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - First Day of the First Grade

I'm dead. I've died with so much on my mind. I guess I can tell you. You won't hurt me. I've already paid the worst price. But if you want to, I will tell you my life story. Secrets I couldn't tell you. If I were alive. But, who am I? My name is Jesse.

Chapter 1 - First Day of the First Grade

Chapter 1 - First Day of the First Grade
Since you already have a pretty good idea of my younger life, I should probably jump to the first grade.

I didn't go to Kindergarten, since they are no longer forcing you to go. I wish Christa and Jake would have forced me to go. Everyone was so far advanced in this whole thing, I felt confused. They told me that all my practice problems had to be turned in. What? For a grade. What in the devil was a grade? Soon I got used to that whole thing, and the practice just got harder and harder. I couldn't believe it! Why would they do this to me?
I had one friend. Her name was Rachel. She wasn't in my class. I needed her a lot, though I could only see her during recess. We made the most of every recess. Even when it was freezing outside, they would still force us outside. Rachel always looked for me, no matter what. I was happy for that.
One day, Rachel came up to me, her face streaked with tears. This was one of my good days, so seeing her sad was hurtful. How dare she cry on my best day ever?
"Are you okay?" I asked her. She smiled at my concern.
Wiping away some tears, she said, "I'm not going to be here tomorrow. Or ever again."
Good day over.
I completely freaked. "No, you can't! You can't leave me, just like that! I need you! You don't know how much I would!" I started crying rapidly. "No! No! Don't leave me! You-!"
"Jesse, calm down," she said. "I'm sorry I can't stay. My mom got a new job an hour away. We have to move. I'm sorry."

It was a long time after that I became even close to 'fine' again. I tried to get over that. I really did. When Middle school hit, I was so depressed that I didn't really care for anything. Except for everything. I had a very weird childhood.

By the end of first grade, however, I managed one other friend. His name was James. I was happy for him. He finished the year on the honor role. And, guess what I got as a congratulations for finishing the year off right.
You got it.
Nothing.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment