Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Spark

Yugi and Yami discover their feelings for each other, but have to face their own friends because nobody approves of them.
Please help me think of a title. Please!!

Chapter 1 - Spark

Chapter 1 - Spark
Chapter 1: Spark
Yugi grabbed his gym shirt out of his locker and quickly pulled it over his head. He always felt nervous about undressing in the locker room--in public. He didn’t have the best body and this was his first year of high school, so he worried what the other kids would say.
He turned to his friends and spoke. “I heard about a duel monsters tournament this weekend. Do you guys want to come?”
Joey instantly agreed with a smile and a thumbs-up while Tristen and Yami stood behind him, nodding. They all loved cards and would never pass up the opportunity to play with new people.

On the basketball court, Yugi was the last one chosen for a team, as usual. This time, the coin flip commanded Yugi to join Joey, but face Tristen and Yami.
The game began, but unlikely enough, someone passed the ball to Yugi. His joy was quickly spoiled by fear since he was the smallest boy in his class. Nevertheless, he dashed across the court, but he didn’t travel far before he felt a hand shove him hard on the shoulder. He easily lost his balance and fell forward onto the cement.
Yugi had frozen in shock at first, but soon the pain crept into every corner of his body. His face and arms burned while tears escaped down his chin. All he could hear was evil laugher surrounding him, suffocating him. Suddenly, a loud thud sent his attacker flailing to the ground and yelling so loud that it startled him.
Yami.
He was ready to pounce on Yugi’s assailant when the coach grabbed Yami’s arm. Yami tried to fight him off, but his attempts were in vain since many of the students had joined the coach in holding Yami down.
Yugi looked on in terror while they dragged the furied Yami away. He couldn’t believe Yami had gotten that angry and had never seen him like that before. So savage.
A tap on the shoulder surprised him and he let out a small cry until he noticed that the tap belonged to Joey. Joey gave him his hand and helped him up while marveling, “Wow. Yami went pretty crazy back there, huh?”
Yugi didn’t know what to say except, “Thanks.”

As punishment, Yami had to stay after school every day for a week and help the teachers and janitors clean up the school. Yugi would walk Yami to his destination and wait for him every day. If Yami had to clean something outside the classrooms, Yugi would help him. They mopped the floors and cleaned the bathrooms together before walking home, side by side.
“Thank you for helping me, Yugi. I am in your debt,” Yami told him as they passed by a park on their way home.
Yugi smiled up at his other half. “You’re very welcome, Yami. That was the first time anyone besides Joey has stood up for me. I don’t want you getting into trouble, but I always get picked on and nobody cares.”
Yami put his arms around Yugi’s shoulders and replied with a warm smile and, “Don’t worry. I care.”

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

jura on June 21, 2005, 2:02:23 PM

jura on
jura(cries) oh yami you...sssoooo....n..nnice..awwwwwwwww!(Hugs yami)

Neko666 on March 7, 2005, 7:07:10 AM

Neko666 on
Neko666cool KEEP GOING!!!

Angel_of_Purifing_Light on September 24, 2004, 12:27:40 PM

Angel_of_Purifing_Light on
Angel_of_Purifing_LightI think that you should continue it, I really liked it and am looking forward to the rest of the story!

Yaoi_Yuri_Het_Fangirl on August 7, 2004, 1:15:07 PM

Yaoi_Yuri_Het_Fangirl on
Yaoi_Yuri_Het_FangirlAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww So cute! *glomps Yami and Yugi* I like it! ^.^