Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - The Next Guardian issue 13 flesh and bone vs. meta

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 13 - The Next Guardian issue 13 flesh and bone vs. meta

Chapter 13 - The Next Guardian issue 13 flesh and bone vs. meta


Next Guardian Issue 13

Flesh and Bone vs. Metal and Stone Part 4

Plus: The history of Acorns, part one





This had to be it. There was no way out. But down. A Loooooonnggggggggggggg way down. Then a voice shouted “Chaos Control!” The black and red hedgehog ran up the golem to Ekyt. “Hurry up!” he snarled. His voice was strained with the effort of exacting power from the chaos emerald. Ekyt scrambled down it. “Thanks Shadow!” he shouted. “Now we're even.” He growled. He let go and the golem crashed to the ground.

On the ground, a blue blur had grabbed Knuckles and Bunnie. They met at the edge of Knothole to regroup. The remaining robots retreated. They were firing, but halfheartedly.

Until one tossed explosive landed at the group's feet. When it exploded, it reached a message screen made of smoke erupted from it. “You haven't seen the last of me!” Robo-Robotnik's voice echoed throughout the Great Forrest. Doors opened all around them, asking if it was over.

“W-we `aven't been obliterated. Ayeeeeeeeeee!” Antoine fainted. “Hmmph. Lucky Blokes.” Muttered Geoffrey Saint John. “You did it!” Sally ran past them all to Sonic, who was the most battered of the group. Shadow stood off by himself.

Ekyt walked over to him. Shadow continued to stare up at the moon. He had his usual expression on his face. “Thanks Shadow. I appreciate the save. How's Hope?” Shadow's expression changed briefly. No one had spoken to him so much in a long time. “What's it to you?” Shadow snarled. Ekyt grinned. “Same old Shadow. Nothing. Just thought I'd say thanks. “ Ekyt turned. Shadow realized, as the human walked away, that they had things in common. He walked back to the hut he shared with Hope.

Ekyt took a walk over to Mount Fate, expecting to see Linda-Su. He wanted to thank her. Something hit him from above. He spit out ash from the mountain and turned to see his attacker. It was Linda-Su. “Oh, sorry.” She said. She helped him up, laughing at the ash on his usally milk-white face. He flipped his floppy (think Beatles stlye from the sixties) hair to the side. “That's how to meet girls. Better than a puppy!” he said, a rare smile crossing face. She couldn't help but chuckle.
”Novel idea. What'd'ya need?” she asked. “Just wanted to say thanks.” Something was different about him. She noticed. He had looked her in the eyes. For a brief moment, granted, but it looked like he was coming out of his shell, at least around her. She smiled as his figure moved into the dark. Then he was gone and she was alone.



End



“Well, good luck to you. May Steppenwolf guide you swiftly to your destination and back safely.” This was a blessing from the Echidna high council. They had said their goodbyes in Knothole. They left with wishes of a safe and quick return. They decided to start their search at the very bowels of society. They would look in the chaos caverns.

The chaos caverns were long abandoned. The first echidna settlers had harvested the chaos emeralds here in hopes of scientific progress. Legend has it that it is guarded by booby traps as well as a beast at the end of the caverns.



End



Is it true? Find out in Issue 14: History of Acorns, part 2

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Neopetgirl on March 3, 2006, 4:12:20 AM

Neopetgirl on
NeopetgirlEkyt IS SO AWESOME!!!I love this story my gosh i love it!!!!!Shadow yay!This is really good i must continue never boring!^_^