Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - The next guardian issue # 22

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 22 - The next guardian issue # 22

Chapter 22 - The next guardian issue # 22


Ekyt and Dulcy arrived at the volcano with only 30 seconds to spare. “Excellent work. No one before you has completed it within the time limit.” The old dragon smiled. “Your quest is certainly noble. Wolpar! Fashion this ring accordingly.”



AFTER THE RING IS FINISHED



“Thank you again, Glint. And you, Dulcy. I owe you.” Ekyt bowed to the creatures. “You are most welcome. The choices you have made show you to be trustworthy. A trait we dragons admire most. Go, now, and complete your task.” Ekyt left Vesuvious, the black singe ring in his pocket. As he walked, he felt a slight chill. Oh well. He had left his trust coat with Linda-Su.
He jogged to the cosmic interstate. He checked his list. Three opponents. Hmmm. They would probably come to him.
He walked into the universe. Immediately, he was tackled by a blue hedgehog decked out in leather and shades. “What's the hassle, schmassle?” the hedgehog said sarcastically. “You tell me, porcupine.” Ekyt said. “That's “Hedgehog”, bozo. Sonic the Hedgehog to you.” (Everyone remember the parallel sonic from the original Archie comics series?)

“You wanna go?” asked Ekyt in his tough-guy voice. “You betcha. I haven't had a real fight in a long time.”

They circled each other. At first, it seemed the hedgehog would win. Until Ekyt rolled out of the way of a spindash and threw a backflip kick that sent the hedgehog on his quill. Ekyt moved in menacingly.

“Yo, pal, take it easy. You win. The next one ain't gonna be easy, though.” “Sonic” snarled. “Just hand over the shades, blue boy. Now.” He grumbled, but complied.

“Who's next?” Ekyt snarled. “That would be me, you pathetic human wuss!” He turned to face a leather clad Knuckles. “Bring it on, immitaion echidna!”

The scuffle continued with neither gaining the upper hand. Ekyt was the more skilled, but he had already fought two battles. An uppercut to the jaw left him with a bleeding lip. That, and an attitude adjustment.

Now he was mad. He charged, putting all of his energy and concentration. Thirty seconds later, he won. Knuckles handed over his leather hat.

“Now who?” Ekyt wondered aloud. “That's me,” said a familiar voice. Ekyt turned to face him. The evil Sonic and Knuckles jumped him and held his arms behind his back for his next assailant…



End



Sonic and Knuckles walked to Locke. “What do you want?” he snarled. “Dad, I need to know the truth…Why did you banish my protégé'? He did no harm.

Locke smiled, not at all a comforting gesture. “Because I needed him out of the way to deal with you two!” Sonic and Knuckles were both frozen.



TO BE CONTINUED…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment