Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 29 - The Next Guardian issue 29

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 29 - The Next Guardian issue 29

Chapter 29 - The Next Guardian issue 29


The Next Guardian Issue # 29



He threw Ekyt into the cell. The human's neck snapped back. Robotnik slammed the door and laughed as he walked down the hallway. Ekyt shook the cobwebs loose. He took his sharpened rock and went to work on his cuffs. He had picked the locks on all of them, then handed the rock to sonic, who did the same.

Tails and Amy were mad. Amy Rose blamed herself. Ekyt strode over.

“Are you okay?” he asked, kneeling down to them. “I wish I had my mallet. I would break Robotnik in half. Ekyt smiled. “You've got spunk. Tails, how you holdin up?” Tails was pacing, resigned. “Just fine.” He said shortly. Ekyt left him to his thoughts.

Sonic was looking at his leg, trying to pull the bullet. “Sonic, this'll hurt for a second.” Ekyt took the slim, sharp rock and reached it in and popped the rock out. There wasn't much blood. With nothing else to use, Ekyt took off his shirt and tied it around Sonic's leg. All he could for now.

“Food time! Hope you like slop.” Snively cackled and shoved bowls of the disgusting gunk through the bars. Everyone ate but Ekyt. He ate half, then looked at it. He saved it. There had to be some use.

They had taken his knives and staff. Amy's mallet was back in Knothole. Sonic couldn't run yet, and the low ceiling prevented Tails from flying. No way in or out but through the door. They had to bide their time.

“Okay. Tails, you fly Sonic out. Amy, you and me are gonna tackle eggman and free the rest of the prisoners. Remember the flip thing you did (Ekyt and Linda-Su taught Amy self defense) to me and Knuckles. Do it to Robotnik. I'll keep him busy. Then make a break for it. Any questions?'

Sonic said “Are you serious. I am sooo gonna tackle Robotnik.” He stepped forward, but winced. “Okay, you're plans fine. I'd just be a hindrance.” Sonic looked down. “Sonic…can I ask a favor?” “Sure, Ekyt, what's up.” If I don't get out of here, tell Linda-Su I…”

The door opened. “Now!” yelled Ekyt as he threw the mush that was food at the swatbot, clogging it's sensor. He took his gun and blasted it into a pile of junk. “Amy, stay behind me.” He was counting on Robotnik underestimating her. He ran down the hall, freeing prisoners. “Follow the flying fox!” he yelled. “Tails, get them outta here! Ready, Amy?” he said. Amy just smiled.

Ekyt kicked open the door. “Remember what I said Robotnik? I told you I'd get out. No face me!” Robotnik snarled and turned toward him. Until Amy hit him in the head with the rock that had opened the shackles. He turned toward her. Ekyt got down on his hands and knees and Amy threw a kick. Robotnik stumbled. Amy seized his arm and threw him with a thud. Ekyt bashed all the buttons on the control panel. One had to open the gate.

“WARNING! SELF DESTRUCT IN THIRTY SECONDS AND COUNTING!” “Aw crap. I dind't want to do that! C'mon Amy, climb on me piggyback.” Amy jumped on and Ekyt ran. He pulled out the black singe ring the dragons gave him (See Ekyt's quest to redeem himself) and hoped it still worked like a regular power ring. He put on a burst of speed. Ten seconds. Three robots came out, firing. “Go Amy. I'll deal with them.' “No you won't!” She threw a kick at the first one while Ekyt dealt with the second two. Five seconds. The door was in sight. They dove.

The explosion was movie-violent. Robotnik's prison exploded, tongues of flames shooting out the windows. Then the whole thing collapsed.

“You okay, Amy?” Ekyt asked. “Yeah, just a little shaken up.” They ran back toward Knothole.



IN KNOTHOLE

“My God, they did it! They made it.” A wheel-chair ridden Sonic shouted. The others all came running. They praised Ekyt. Amy looked sad. “Well, all of you have Amy Rose to thank. She flipped Robotnik over!” Everyone fussed over Amy. Ekyt smiled and winked. Amy caught up to him. “You didn't have to tell them that.” She exclaimed. Ekyt just chuckled and said “I just told them the truth. You did most of the work, Amy.” He kept walking, pretending not to notice Amy getting kissed by Tails.

“…And that's how it happened, Linda.” She grabbed him and felt his ribs. “I'm just a little bruised.” He said. “That's called a hug, you dope.” She made dope sound like a compliment.



SEE YOU IN ISSUE 30!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

nextguardian on March 3, 2006, 12:04:32 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThis is one for all you Amy fans out there.