Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 39 - The Next Guardian Issue # 39 Death is only the be

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 39 - The Next Guardian Issue # 39 Death is only the be

Chapter 39 - The Next Guardian Issue # 39 Death is only the be


The Next Guardian Issue # 40



Ekyt landed crouched in a red area. He immediately identified it as the echidna afterlife. Aurora came toward him. “Welcome, Ekyt. Your last act was unselfish. You have earned the favor of guardians past.” She smiled and beckoned him toward a portal. Ekyt shook his head. “Please, Aurora, send me back. I need to help them.” Aurora frowned. “You are certainly worthy, human. But do you wish to give up eternal bliss to return to war?” “Yes. I cannot abandon the only people ever to accept me.” “Do they, Ekyt?” Through telepathy, she made him relieve the bullying he had once been forced to live through. Even the accusations at Knothole. When they stopped, he stood. I could stay here…Be happy. No problems…NO! The last thought came out as a word. “Aurora, with your blessing, I want to return. I know this is not death. I want to go back.” Aurora smiled. “You passed your test, Ekyt. You have earned the favor of the guardians past. At first, they believed a human could only be selfish. You have shown them another side. A kind side.” She smiled even more. “This is indeed not the end for you. The echidna high command gave you a choice. You passed the test. You are still on earth. All this is in your mind. To go home, just think it.” She waved her hand and a portal opened. “Thank you, Aurora. Please thank the past guardians for me.” He dove through the portal.

Ekyt woke up, friends crouched around him. “Oh God!” The voice belonged to Princess Sally. “Are you okay?” Ekyt grinned up at her. “Yeah, I'll live. Everyone else okay?” Knuckles answered. “Yeah, we all made it, thanks to you.” Linda-Su still cradled his head. He offered her a comical crooked smile. “Dear God…” She couldn't even talk. He blushed when he realized his head was in her lap.
He moved it, and turned. She hugged him. A small groan escaped him. “Sorry. Ribs're killing me.” She relinquished her hug, embarrassed. Then she kissed him instead. “C'mon, we need to get you cleaned up.” Before they left, Ekyt shook hands with all of them, bowed to the Princess with a groan as his ribs protested. Then they walked back to her cottage.

She sat him on the bed. “Get rid of the shirt for now. I grabbed another one for you. But we gotta clean you up first.” She wound bandages around his ribs. The pressure felt better. His head had gotten cut. She compressed it to stop the bleeding before getting the blood out of his hair.

This guy is so reckless. When is he gonna settle down. I know I'm only fifteen, and I know he's still young, seventeen, but he's gotta settle down. She put his arm in a sling, then tended to his leg.

“Thanks. Good thing you're so good with this medical stuff.” He told her about his “death.” She gasped at it. “Dear God. You have a guardian angel, kid.”

Ekyt, usually clumsy when it came to being romantic, said just the right words. “Yeah, it's you, isn't it?” They both laughed before she walked him back to the emerald chamber. A guardian never stops being a guardian.

He trained, injuries and all, waiting for the day he would be a full guardian.





ADDITIONAL BONUS! ORIGINAL ENDING TO THE FIRST FIVE ISSUES!



As Ekyt and Linda-Su stood on Mount fate, they talked. When talk turned to his arrest, she said “Sorry I had to arrest you.” “No problem, you were just doing your job.” Ekyt said, kicking at some dirt aimlessly. He liked her, but a relationship scared him.

She shook her head. “No, I mean this time.” He looked confused as she pulled out her handcuffs. “You're under arrest for stealing.” He looked shocked. “What did I steal?” He asked. She smiled. “My heart.” She said as she moved toward him. “Guilty as charged.” He said as they kissed.



NEXT ISSUE: THE KNOTLHOLE STANDOFF!

ISSUE # 40!!!



This series was originally a short story for school. No, this is NOT the last issue! Just wanted to throw an extra out to my readers. Thanks Everyone.Next Guardian will continue as a regular feature. -



N.G.










Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment