Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 40 - The Next Guardian Issue 40 : Knothole under seige!

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 40 - The Next Guardian Issue 40 : Knothole under seige!

Chapter 40 - The Next Guardian Issue 40 : Knothole under seige!


Sonic the Hedgehog raced along the Great Forest. With Robotnik as a renewed threat, the Freedom Fighters were more militaristic. They wanted to end the threat now. Suddenly, an image of Princess Sally falling to her death (See Original Archie Comic series) came to him. He stopped running and shook his head clear. Just a bad thought. Then he thought of when the princess married Antoine (Original Comic.) Then painful memories came flooding back. It took all of Sonic's energy to get back to Knothole before he collapsed.

One by one, all the members of Knothole felt this. Over and over. They were powerless to stop it. They were haunted by failure, and death. The city was defenseless.

In a control room, Robotnik laughed. “I see that you and I have quite a lot to offer each other. Now, let's shake on it…” The evil Ekyt shook hands with Robotnik.

Meanwhile, our Ekyt had heard of the plague and had set off alone to stop it. Knuckles was guarding the emerald. His wounds had healed. Linda-Su was going to come, but he asked her to help Knuckles. She grudgingly agreed. The two had been inseparable as he had healed. Now he walked alone.

His attire today was a white t-shirt, black pants, belt w/ a pouch of throwing knives, his trusty Adidas-like sneakers, and his walking stick. He left his coat with the others. Kind of a last will thing.

He jogged toward Robotropolis and easily dispatched three swatbot guards. He dodged into an open door. It was dark inside. Then bright lights came on him. He shielded his eyes and saw…himself. This wasn't a house of mirrors, so it had to be his alterego. He pretended not to see his counterpart sneaking up. He felt his way around. Then he kicked. “Oof! Lucky shot, weakling.” The evil Ekyt snarled. (NOTE: FROM NOW ON, Good Ekyt Red, bad Ekyt will be in black.)

“C'mon, you're me. You should've seen that coming. Just like I see you grabbing that pipe.” Ekyt dodged a swipe from the pipe and scrambled up the ladder of a nearby catwalk. His evil counterpart followed.

The two stared, an intense hatred in both their eyes. “Thanks for sending me that sexy yellow hedgehog, jerk.” He struck while Ekyt blocked it with his staff. “You're proud of my castoffs? Are you sure we're related. Besides, Linda-Su is much better looking. Much like myself compared to you.” The bad Ekyt snarled and moved forward, only to be caught by the staff. Both weapons fell off the catwalk.

It turned into a duel. Time and time again it appeared that one Ekyt had the upper hand, but the other always came back. Finally, bad Ekyt held on with one hand. The catwalk was ten feet tall, not to far, but beneath him was a cement mixer.

Ekyt sighed. He had no choice. The hero in him had to help the guy, no matter how evil. He held out his hand. “Grab on! Hurry!”
The Evil Ekyt just shook his head and snarled “I'd rather meet my end that be saved by the likes of you.” He let go and fell into the cement mixer.

(Note: Since there is only one Ekyt, Good Ekyt is now in black) He sighed. After a quick prayer for his soul, he moved on toward the heart of Robotropolis. Time to jam up whatever was causing these painful memories.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Violet_Rose on March 15, 2006, 9:38:25 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseAwesome story dude, could u like umm add my 3 fan chars (Eden, Roxy and Violet) to ur series?
It's O.K if u say no, it's ur series.
Can't wait to read the next issue!
^-^