Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 42 - The Next Guardian Issue # 42

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 42 - The Next Guardian Issue # 42

Chapter 42 - The Next Guardian Issue # 42


The Next Guardian Issue # 42



Ekyt rehabbed as quickly as he could. Things were hectic in this section of the world. Robotnik had returned, Drago was on the loose, and that creepy parallel universe… Ekyt changed positions, then looked at Linda-Su on his left and a new friend, Eden the cat, on his right (From Violet_Rose- Thanks for letting me use them. Check out her section for more info on these chars.) Eden had shown up at his hospital bed with some cure that would help him heal faster. Ekyt was skeptical, but it had worked. Some yoga thingy…whatever.

The guardian-in-training sighed and stood normally. “Sorry, this yoga thing just isn't working.” Eden removed her foot from behind her head, as Linda-Su stifled her laughter at the goofy position her, um friend, yeah, friend that just happens to be a guy, was in. Eden nodded. “It really isn't for everyone. At least you tried. I know many males of all species who aren't secure enough to try yoga.” Ekyt nodded and tried to loosen his busted shoulder. The two girls went off to get acquainted while Ekyt pondered more over popping the question.

An unfamiliar creature flew toward a cave carved into a side of a mountain. This particular cave belonged to Rouge the Bat, who looked shocked upon opening the door to her cousin. “Rouge, how're things?” said the other bat, Roxy. (Another Violet_Rose) Roxy pushed her way into the cozy cave and made herself at home. Rouge stifled her first thought of ripping her cousin apart. Maybe there was some gain to this situation.

“So what brings you here?” Rouge asked, smiling her most charming smile. Like she hadn't seen the jewels in her bag. Roxy smiled back. She's soooo easy to read. “Just dropping by. I was just wondering what you were up to these days.” “Oh, I'm still in the treasure game. How about you. Are you still charming boys into doing your bidding?” Rouge batted her eyes comically.

Roxy imitated Rouge's gesture. “Yeah, any cute one's around here.” Rouge thought for a moment. If I say Knuckles, she'll zero in on him. So, I'll sic her on that kid, “Well, there's a human who's not too bad. He's hard too get, though. He's a pretty loyal fellow. He's got his sights on this pink echidna. But she's no match for you, right?” If I can keep her distracted, those jewels are mine….

Ekyt walked back and forth in his half of Haven, the home of the guardians of the chaos emerald. What do I do? I like her, but do I love her? I'm so confused. Back in school, it just seemed people were drawn together. Is this for real? Ekyt smacked his hand into the wall. He let his head rest as he though about it. Should I…What?!

An alarm sounded throughout Haven. An unauthorized person was in the chamber. He darted down the stairs to the chamber and stopped as he saw a bat. Rouge? No, she was different. This one had brown fur. “Can I help you?” asked Ekyt. Best not to go in with guns blazing.

Roxy leaned against the emerald and widened her eyes. She strode forward and held out her hand. “I'm Roxy. I'm sorry, I just got lost. Could you help me find my friend?” Let's hope this kid is dumber than he looks. She had to keep herself from smiling. Ekyt frowned. “Lost in an underground chamber? I'm sorry, but I have to be a little suspicious.” He looked her in the eyes. It was a cautious look. Best to let Knux sort this out. “Sure, but we have to wait for my friend to get back. I can't leave this place alone. I hope you understand.” “Oh, definetly. I don't want to be a bother.”

Knuckles came into the room, a look of concern on his face. “What? What are you doing here?” Roxy just stared at Knuckles. Looks like cousin Rouge was holding out on me? Knuckles inspected the emerald. “She says she got lost, Knuckles. She wants help finding a friend.” Ekyt looked at Knuckles, his eyes indicating that he was suspicious. Knuckles nodded slightly. “Alright. Who's this friend?” Knuckles asked kindly?

“Well, she's my cousin, really. Her name is Rouge.” Knuckle stopped short. “Rouge? Rouge the bat? No way, this is a setup. This is…” Roxy sashayed forward and kissed Knuckles, turning the red echidna even redder. Ekyt looked on. Not this again. Man, this is like a love octogan!

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Violet_Rose on March 18, 2006, 10:11:35 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseOMG! Thank u SO much I loved dis chapter, please make anouther!
^-^