Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 48 - The Next Guardian Issue # 48

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 48 - The Next Guardian Issue # 48

Chapter 48 - The Next Guardian Issue # 48


The Next Guardian issue # 48



“The Mobian Badlands? Sure, I can get you a sample from the pond.” Ekyt answered. “Thanks, I'd go myself, but I'm too slow.” Ekyt walked out of the room.

The Mobian Badlands? Why does that sound so familiar? Ekyt walked quicker. He kept his coat, just in case. Those goofy jumps were starting to mess with his stomach. He jumped to test the shoes one more time, then began the walk. He checked his map. “Let's see here…Badlands…Badlands…there you are!”

The map told him he had to journey through the Dragon's volcanic home, Vesovious. Then through Robotropolis, and boom.

Ekyt sensed something was amiss as he walked toward the volcano. No activity. The flames that shot out the top were caused by dragons. Ekyt walked in, finding only Dulcy.

“Hey, Ducly, how are you?” Dulcy looked really sad. “Sorry, Ekyt. It's just…Robotnik captured all of my friends. I really am the last dragon on Mobius!” She began to cry. “Dulcy, I'm going through Robotropolis. How about we pull a jail-break jam? (Credit to old Sonic SatAm) She perked up. “why're you going there? Do you have a death wish? Robotnik has put a bounty on your head.” She shook her huge head. “I'm coming with you. I don't want to be alone. I'd rather be captured with the other dragons.” “No, you'd rather be free with the other dragons. Because we're gonna bust `em out. I owe you, Dulcy. This is the least I can do.” (See The Perilous Journey saga- N.G.)

They flew for about an hour before Dulcy stopped. “Okay, we are ten minutes away. What's your plan?” Ekyt looked at her. “Plan? Okay, I go in there and mess with Robotnik while you turn your friends loose and get to safety. I plan to take out a few buildings.” Ekyt grinned wickedly. “Are you sure this is safe. For you, I mean. Why put yourself at risk? You said you were just passing through. Just let me go it alone. I can't cost another life in a war that is already too long, and has claimed too many.” Ekyt shook his head. “No way. You're not the only one with scars from this. Here' I'll prove it. Ekyt took off his coat and shirt, and pointed to a spot where his chest met his stomach. “This is from the war. Plus other wounds that have healed. Others that aren't going to heal. Now let's go!”
Ekyt jumped into the room, smashing three robots before tapping Robotnik on the shoulder. He held an explosive device. “Miss me?” he said. Then he dove for cover as Robotnik hit the panic button. All the robots on the city would converge on this room. Ekyt planted the device on the side of a computer as he circled Robotnik. “What a surprise. You meddlesome human, for once, I don't think I want to kill you. No, I'd rather have you serve me. “Gotta take a raincheck, Lardball!” Ekyt said gravely as the Robots headed in. He crouched and sprung. Grabbing a windowsill, he swung himself out as he smashed the detonator. He headed toward the jail as the explosion went off.

“Dulcy, how'd it go?” Her smile answered his question. “All of them are safe, except Romhan. He didn't make it… But everyone else did. We all want to thank you.” Glint came forward and handed him a singe ring, but it was gold. “This is a smaller version of a power ring. Please take it. I hope it serves you well. You can go. We'll handle ourselves okay.” Ekyt smiled. “You won't have too. I just took out all the robots in the city. He pointed toward the smoldering reigns that was once Robotnik's control room.

He shook hands with Glint and hugged Dulcy. Then he headed toward the Badlands. Time to finish this. Science isn't my thing, but I never mind doing a favor for a friend.



Linda-Su Solo:



“Okay, he;s out of the way for a while. But we have got to work fast. Where should we put the party? We've got friends coming in from out of town.” There was a lot of shouts, but one caught her attention. “The chaos chamber? Knuckles, will that work?” Knuckles nodded. “Yeah. Perfect, actually. The council has a surprise for him.” Linda gave them all jobs and they set to work.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment