Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 57 - The Next Guardian Issue # 57

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 57 - The Next Guardian Issue # 57

Chapter 57 - The Next Guardian Issue # 57


As soon as he was free, Ekyt charged at the group of evil echidnas. He flipped over the table on them, pinning some of them. Hyper Knuckles kept at Kragok. Ekyt watched as Dmitri fumbled with the chaos syphon. It wasn't going to end that way.

Ekyt hopped over the table, and charged. He collided into the echidna with his shoulder., sending both sprawling. “Knuckles, you make a break for it before the power wears off. I'll finish here!” Knuckles nodded and took the members of the Dark Legion out.

Ekyt turned back to Dmitri. “Traitor! I knew you couldn't be trusted!” Dmitri grinned wickedly. “This from a human? Huh! You'd like to believe your species is tops, wouldn't you? They're not, not even in intellect. You against me is a joke!”

Ekyt kept his stoic expression in place. “Check the track record. It's 1-0, my favor. That's not gonna change now!” The two charged simultaneously.

Knuckles felt the power wear off and glided down to Mobius his normal red self. “Knux! Good to see ya! We need all the help we can get!” Sonic had been fighting for the better part of an hour nonstop, and he was starting to tire. The robots kept on coming. “Glad to be of service!” shouted Knuckles as he jumped into the ruckus.

Ekyt and Dmitri's battle had raged on for twenty minutes. Ekyt had taken more punishment, but he scored a crucial hit by kicking the chaos syphon. It started to hum with energy. “Dmitri! Look, we can continue this senseless fight, or we can both escape. There's no time.” “You forget, human. I'm immortal. 11 broken emeralds run through my veins! I cannot be killed by something as simple as a roof collapsing.

“Don't you know what happens when chaos energy hits chaos energy? The explosion would kill even you!” Ekyt tried to reason with the echidna. Finally, he gave up. He kicked the glowing syphon to himself and caught it handily. He dashed outside and threw it as far away as he could. It exploded, knocking both combatants off their feet. A tree fell on Dmirti. Ekyt was about to run off, but he couldn't leave the struggling echidna. Ekyt held out his hand. “Come on. That shockwave might have caused a chain reaction.” Ekyt pulled the echidna up and ran off without waiting for an answer.

Ekyt landed in the fray and took out two swatbots. The Knothole gang shouted it's approval. He, Knuckles, Sonic, Shadow, and Tails pushed their way forward. Tails went down at one point, causing Amy to smack the swatbots responsible with the special gold and diamond hammer Ekyt had made her (Check the first big battle issue. I think it was around # 10-12- N.G.) Shadow got hit, but didn't miss a step, as Violet Rose (Violet_Rose) swung a club she took from a downed swatbots.

“Ekyt! Heads up!” Linda-Su shouted. Her bike came toward him. He jumped on and shouted to the others. “Get Robotnik!” Sonic, Shadow, and Ekyt rushed forward. Robotnik, seeing this, ordered a retreat. Knuckles and Tails fought the last of the robots.

It was over.

Sonic had sprained a quill. Sally grabbed chief medical officer Quack and told him to perfom a check-up on all participants. Sonic came first. Shadow had gotten a bad cut on his elbow, which was being healed by Violet Rose. For the first time in a long while, Shadow actually smiled. I like the whole “a kiss will make it better thing, he thought. Tails had caught one of his Tails in between a swatbots and a rock. Amy pounded the swatbots to pieces and freed Tails. They raced off to Tails' treehouse. “Cookies!” they both yelled. Knuckles was exhausted from being his Hyper version. Julie-Su was kneeling by him, talking to him. Mariic (Sega_Man7) had caught a piece of metal in the leg. Ragnarok was talking to him. He seemed to be in less pain. They were all tended to. Ekyt, however, got on the bike and roared to some destination. Linda-Su watched him go. She saw the bike bounce and could just about feel his pain.

Now I'm done. Dmitri struggled to a vertical base on a tree trunk. Broken leg. That chaos syphon exploding all but took away my power That human was right about it's power… He heard the sound of a motorcycle come closer. “Stay back, guardian!” Ekyt sighed. “I came to help, Dmitri.” “I told y- what?” Dmitri stuttered. “Let me help you on the bike. There is medical personnel that can help you.” Dmitri was stunned. “Why, guardian. Why help me? I tried to kill you and all you stood for.” In all the years he had lived, he had never seen something like this.

Ekyt found a tree branch and gave it to Dmitri to use as a crutch. When he was on the bike, Ekyt gunned it.

Linda-Su, Knuckles, and Sonic all looked shocked. “Get Dr. Quack! This guy is hurt!” Ekyt shouted. “Are you kidding? This guy tried to kill all of us!” Knuckles shouted. “I couldn't leave him Knuckles. He's your relative. He may be scum, but no one deserves death.” They all agreed. Sonic went after Doctor Quack.

Ekyt left him. “Go get him, Linda.” Julie-Su sent him after the human.

Ekyt had climbed a tree and sat on a branch looking away from Knothole. Linda-Su sighed. Geez, they say girls are moody… (Sorry, had to say it! J/K- N.G.) “Do you think I was right?” He shifted to face her, well kind of. “I don't know. I just…” “I know. You were right. You couldn't leave him to die. You're such a sweet heart.” She kissed him on the cheek. “C'mon, let's get you cleaned up. Again…”



Ragnarok Solo (Gift For Sega_Man7)



Mariic walked. He had to sort out his feelings. I feel guilty about Gaia dying (see previous Issues) Should I? I didn't cause it, did I? It's all because we fought over Ragnarok.” As if by telepathy, Ragnarok came to him.

“Mariic, we need to talk. I know how you feel about me and I want you to know that I…” Mariic kissed her. She kissed back. “I guess that means you feel the same as me.” Mariic paused before continuing. “So you don't blame me for Gaia?” “Of course not, Mariic. She died a natural death.” They walked off, hand in hand.



Violet_Rose Solo (Gift for Violet_Rose)



Violet Rose watched the moody hedgehog. “Hey, Shadow, thanks for the save.” The black and red hedgehog gave her a look. “Well, Maria, I…”

Oh crap, they both thought. “Sorry. I mean Violet. I'm just a little tired…”

Violet sighed. He's never said that much to me in all the time I've known him

“Well, Shadow, I need to know how you feel.? Do you care for me?” Shadow sighed. “I don't know if I'm over Maria…I'm just confused. Who Am I?” Violet kissed him. “You are who you are Shadow. Just remember I like you for who you are, not were. Get my drift?” “Yeah, I get you.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Violet_Rose on March 29, 2006, 1:14:21 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseYeah!
Go VioletXShadow!!!
Love it!
*huggles*
^0^

Sega_man7 on March 27, 2006, 11:29:26 AM

Sega_man7 on
Sega_man7YAY romance!

But whyd u call Gaia a she?