Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 65 - The Next Guardian Issue 65

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 65 - The Next Guardian Issue 65

Chapter 65 - The Next Guardian Issue 65


OKAY EVERYONE, WE ARE BACK TO THE ORIGINAL NEXT GUARDIAN SERIES, LOOK HERE UNTIL THE NEXT SPECIAL!



To those who haven't read the special, what went down was a lot of guest fan chars, and Linda-Su's roboticization, recovery, and derobitization. She must carry some of Ekyt's blood in a jar because of how the book of Acorns deroboticized her. She doesn't have to carry it for long, but if something should happen to it… Not to mention Ekyt now hunting Constable Remington for pestering Linda!



Ekyt strode angrily to the police station and rapped on the door. An older echidna watchman answered. “Can I help you, guardian?” (Ekyt is not a full guardian yet, but this man doesn't know.) “Yes, please, I need to speak with Constable Remington.” The watchman led Ekyt to the constable's desk, not knowing the two hated each other. “I'll leave you two, now.” He bowed and left the room.

“Remington, you know why I'm here.” Ekyt's hazel eyes had gone hard, staring down the constable's black eyes. Remington leaned back in his chair. “All I'm trying to do is save that girl from making a mistake. With…” Ekyt's hand knocked Remington's desk free of papers. “Are you calling me a mistake, constable?” Ekyt snarled coldly.

Remington shrugged. “If the shoe fits…Now, as I was saying, it doesn't look right, a human and a normal creature, like an echidna. If you really want what's best for her, you'll step down.” Ekyt narrowed his eyes. “If she wanted to date a low-life scumbag, she could've picked a high-profile villain, not some idiot cop!” Ekyt left the room to meet Knuckles.

Unfortunately for Knuckles, sparring was on the agenda for today. The human was furious, he could tell. He finally stopped him. “Before you stomp a hole in me, tell me what's wrong.” Ekyt tossed his helmet off into a corner. “Remington is going after Linda.” Knuckles shook his head. “That's bad.” “Yeah, it gets worse. The creep made some valid points.” Ekyt paused. “How do you think a human and an echidna look walking down the street?” Knuckles shrugged. “I've seen stranger. Soultouch never lies. (Soultouch is the ability echidnas and guardians have to see their true soulmate)” “Well, Remington called me a mistake, and…” Ekyt kicked the wall so hard it dented. “Maybe he's right. I do want what's best for Linda. If that means me out of the picture…” Knuckles took off his sparring gear. “Let's go see her right now.”

At that point, Linda was hacking her way through the jungle, back toward a supplies cache. She carried a bundle of firewood with her. She dropped it in the the large chamber and sealed it. “That's enough for today.” She wiped the sweat off her forehead, then headed back to her cabin.

Remington was sitting there, making himself at home. “Remington? Is there trouble?” she asked. He put down the paper he had been reading and talked to her. “Well, yes. You, with that trash. He's trouble, Linda.” “If you're talking about Ekyt, you'd better leave. I don't care what you think. He has done nothing but good since he came here and he loves me. And you know what…I love him back!” Remington walked up and grabbed her. He tried to kiss her. Linda gave him a kick.

Ekyt and Knuckles crashed the door. “Remington? I should've known!” Ekyt strode forward. “She did it! She tried to kiss me!” he yelled, pointing at Linda as he lay on the floor. Ekyt kept walking, silently. The constable kept yelling. Knuckled held the human back. “Take it easy.” Knuckles said calmly. Remington ran for it.

Linda, still shocked, just stood there. “I would never…You know…Soultouch…” Ekyt forgot Remington and looked after her. “It's okay. I saw what happened. But…” he hesitated, then said the painful words quickly before he could change his mind. “Maybe he's right about me. I don't want you to have any trouble on my account. I want what's best for you…” He ran out of words. He turned and walked away.

Knuckles and Linda sorted things out, while Ekyt walked. He climbed Mount Fate. His own thoughts tortured him, stung him like bees. Is he right? I love her, but is that good for her? He kicked at a rock, giving his attacker the momentum he needed to push the human off the cliff.

Ekyt held on. It was Remington. He unholstered his gun. “Sorry. Can't have trash like you in my town.” He cocked the gun. Ekyt flipped up onto the ledge, hands at his sides. “If you want me gone, Remington, fine. I will leave. But before I go, I need to do something for Linda.” He cold-cocked the echidna before he could move. The gun fell off the cliff.

Remington charged. The two battled atop the mountain. Ekyt was the superior fighter without weapons. Then Remington's friend came. “Drago!” He hit the seventeen year old in the chest, sending him backwards. He grabbed him by the lapels and snarled. “You set me free, then left me to rot.” He punched him again, then put out his claws and slashed him across the chest, opening the knife wound. He dropped Ekyt.

Ekyt landed hard on his side as the two closed in. He lay still. Then sprang up and caught both by surprise. With unleashed fury, he took out Remington first. Then Drago slashed him in the back. Ekyt turned, eyes lit with adrenaline. “Back to the kennel, puppy!” He knocked Drago and Remington down the cliff.

They were bruised, but not hurt. Ekyt jumped down. “I won't kill you. But that's not to say I won't make you pay!”

“Ekyt, wait!” Linda-Su came bounding over the two downed creatures. She looked at them, then saw Ekyt. He was totally in tatters. His white shirt stained with blood and slashed to pieces. His pants were shredded at the bottom. His coat was unharmed, thanks to the power ring attached. “They did this?” she asked quietly. His shyness kicked in and he nodded. Linda-Su walked over Drago to Remington.

“I told you, please leave him alone. Please don't hurt him. Please this, please that. Well, Remington, you've done it. First, you're fired (Linda-Su is his commanding officer in the police force). Secondly, you and this beast are under arrest for assault. You will not do this again.” She turned to Ekyt. “I'm sorry you had to go through this.” Ekyt shook his head. “No problem. I guess the mistake here was considering he was right.” Ekyt dropped his head. Linda-Su hugged him gently. “C'mon, Eden (Violet_Rose) can help fix you up.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on October 8, 2006, 5:36:23 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehognow that's what love is all about

Violet_Rose on April 9, 2006, 11:37:16 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseCool