Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 66 - The Next Guardian Issue # 66: Meet the new guy

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 66 - The Next Guardian Issue # 66: Meet the new guy

Chapter 66 - The Next Guardian Issue # 66: Meet the new guy


Eden (Violet_Rose) opened the door to find a nearly-unconscious Ekyt propped under Linda-Su's arm. “Eden, you were closest. Remington and Drago jumped him a few minutes ago. Can you help?” Eden opened the door wider as Linda let him slide on the couch. Eden made tea of some sort as Linda patched Ekyt up. He was fully awake now. “Those two? But Drago was in Devil's Gulag and Remington…” She shook her head, disgusted. Ekyt got up suddenly and walked toward the door. “Hey, where are you going!” both women shouted. “To check on the others. I can't let anything happen. If Drago is loose, others might be. A guardian…” “Never stops being a guardian.” They both finished his sentence. “Can you two keep a secret?” When they both nodded, he yanked the ring off his coat. He held it to his bruised flesh, and the cut closed quickly. “That's better.” Then he turned red as he realized the two women were still watching him. He quickly threw his shirt back on and turned away. Linda and Eden giggled as he jogged out the door. “Some things never change.” Eden nodded in agreement with Linda-Su.

Robotnik (A.K.A. Eggman.) watched the monitor from his underground base. He studied past clips of Sonic foiling his plots. He watched Ekyt stop him. The two were totally different, yet they accomplished the same goal. “I can't kidnap their girlfriends…That only made them madder. But if I take them out of the picture…but how?” he asked himself.

A knock came at the door on that moment. A dog, blind in one eye, bigger than Drago (Drago's a wolf, in case anyone forgot), came hobbling in. He walked on two legs, and was white and black in color. He had a black patch over his blind eye, but the rest of his head was white. His paws were white, while his body and legs were black. “Listen tubby, I can get you those two.” The dog snarled. “And just who are you?” asked Robotnik. “Call me Moonshine (Credit to nextguardian (That's me) Let me know what you think of him!). Now, you get me those two weasels, and anyone else that hates those two, and I'll bring you them.” The dog walked over to the wall. A piece of Ekyt's shirt and some of Sonic's fur hung. He took a deep whiff. “Human and hedgehog. Little gamey for my taste, so I'll bring `em back alive.” The dog laughed as Robotnik called Nack, Nic, the robo-Ekyt, Drago, and a team of swatbots. “Do what he says. He has promised to deliver those two banes of my existence back alive.”

Everyone but Nack and Nic nodded. “Hold it blubber bottom, what's in it for me?” Nack and Nic said in unison. “Money, and lots of it. But only if you do what Moonshine says. Understand?” He pointed his finger at the two bounty hunters. “All right, Chubsy-Ubsy. We usually work without any partners, but…okay.”

Ekyt checked the Island and then got down to Knothole. Sonic, who had heard about the breakout, raced up along side him. “Hey, Ekyt, how's it going?” Then he saw the blood. “Don't ask. Look, Drago escaped and…” A net flew down as Sonic pushed Ekyt out of the way. The net landed harmlessly. Ekyt spied the hunter first. Then the others. “Oh man.” Sonic gritted his teeth. “Run for it…” Ekyt stood back in a relaxed stance. “No way! Sonic the Hedgehog does not abandon a friend!” Ekyt handed Sonic the ring. “Let's go…” A whizzing knife knocked the ring away into the darkness. Another net hit them both. “This is not good…” As the bounty hunters plus the robots closed in. After what felt like a few tree branches hitting them, the two were finally beaten into submission.

Moonshine tossed the net at Robotnik's feet. Pay up, fatso.” He growled. Robotnik laughed at the two struggling in the net. “Indeed. You did very good, Moonshine. With your help, you and I can own this wretched planet.” “Whatever, just give me the money.” The dog refused to smile. He took the money and left. After everyone was paid, Robotnik kicked at the net. Unfortunately for him, He didn't see Ekyt use his throwing knives to destroy the roboticizer. Robotnik's metal minions put the freed Sonic in, but he spun out and destroyed them. Robotnik summoned more help.

Ekyt, still caught in the net, called to Sonic. “Run for it! Get help!” “I'm not gonna leave you!” “Go, before we both get killed!” Sonic didn't like it, but he couldn't do anything else here. He sped off.

Robotnik moved the net closer. Ekyt stared him down. “You'll pay for that. I don't have him, but with you out of the way, things might just go better. Oh, and just for fun, I think I'll have Crabmeat, Catterkiller, and Buzzbomber (All classic badniks) have a little fun with you…”

Sonic raced to Knuckles first, then to Eden's house. “Eden, Linda, look, Ekyt's in trouble, we need help.” “That's awful! How did you escape?” Eden asked as she handed Linda-Su a package. “He threw his knives into the roboticizer once Robotnik let me out. I didn't want to leave, but he insisted on getting help.” “Thanks Sonic, I owe ya!” Linda ran off with the package. “Where are you going?” Sonic called as he sped after her. “To rescue Ekyt. You and Eden get the others!”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Violet_Rose on April 9, 2006, 11:40:13 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseCool, thanks so much!