Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 68 - The Next Guardian issue # 68

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 68 - The Next Guardian issue # 68

Chapter 68 - The Next Guardian issue # 68


While Sonic and Ekyt faced off against Moonshine/Cring, Kirita (Lady Ayame316) and the rest were having troubles of their own. The swatbots had ambushed them. The blueprints Ekyt had drawn out needed to get to Knothole. Shadow and Star (Violet_Rose) were cleaning house, but there was just too many. Tails and Bunnie were holding their own, but mechanical bodies feel no pain. Kirita, much like her “father” Shadow (Hope I got that right!), got impatient with how things were going and decided to help herself. She threw kicks amazingly quick and accurate and had soon cleared out the area around her, giving the others a rest. Shadow, now to his feet, pointed at Kirita and shouted “Chaos Control!” This would speed up the journey to Knothole.

Sonic zoomed forward as Cring/Moonshine knocked him away. Ekyt had been sent sprawling, too. He sprang to his feet in time to thwart a potentially-deadly strike. He and the huge dog grappled, jockeying for position. Sonic's added strength, got the dog down, but not for long. Ekyt passed his ring to Sonic. “Take it! We need the help!” Ekyt got thrown back, and it took a lot of his strength to stop himself from flying into the wall. Sonic had the ring on, and was turning yellow quickly. Cring, seeing what was happening, knocked the ring away. Ekyt tackled the huge dog and threw him back out the door. “Live to fight another day. I don't want to run, but in this case…” Ekyt, with huge chew marks in him, grabbed Sonic and yelled “Hold on.” As he crouched and let his souped up shoes carry them up to the relative-safety of the grass. “Sonic, you help Kirita and the others. Those papers have got to get to Knothole! I'll catch up.”

Sonic zoomed fast as he saw a swatbots try to jump Kirita from behind. He flew into it full force, sending the metal maniac soaring. “Sorry about this.” Sonic said as he picked Kirita and ran back to Knothole. He left Kirita outside the door and rushed back to the battle.

Ekyt dove back down the hole to retrieve his ring. The huge dog had recovered and gnashed his at Ekyt, who dove aside.

Princess Sally looked over the blue prints and nodded to the team of Royal Guards she had assembled. “Demolish the building.” She gave the order and told them to carry it out immediately.

Ekyt and the dog exchanged shots when Ekyt first heard the sound of huge hammers and dynamite outside. “Moonshine, Cring, whoever you are, we've gotta get out of here! The Freedom Fighters know this place!” Ekyt tried to reason with the vicious animal, but to no avail. He jumped up and out and held his staff out to the huge dog. “Grab on!” he called down. The dog refused. “No, I would rather die than be saved by you!” That was the last Ekyt saw of him before the hole caved in.

Ekyt grabbed the head wrecker by the shirt. “You nutcase! There is a living creature down there!” Ekyt told him. “Sorry, we have our orders.” The guardsman said snottily. “Ekyt slugged him and tossed his dynamite stick away. “Knock it off, before you kill him!” They kept hammering. One by one, Ekyt clocked them, blocking strikes with staff, from hammers. This isn't right…The Princess wouldn't order this…

Then it hit him. The breakup with Sonic. The strange behavior. Another imposter. He was distracted with his own thought long enough to get hit with what felt like a tree branch. Cring growled over his prey. Then a hard force hit from behind.

Linda-Su, furious, nailed the dog. She yanked her stunned boyfriend to his feet. His instinct to protect kicked in again, and he caught the dog with a shoulder that sent him back into a tree. The tree stared to topple. It cracked the dog on the head. It was a small tree, but it managed to knock the dog out as the two escaped. “The princess is a robot!” they both said at the same time.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on October 8, 2006, 5:55:08 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogyay another classic fight scene from nextguardian, reading more tomorrow

Violet_Rose on April 12, 2006, 9:14:53 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_Rose0_0 Awesome issue...
-^^-

Lady_Ayame316 on April 11, 2006, 12:10:04 PM

Lady_Ayame316 on
Lady_Ayame316LOVE IT! one thing: Shadow isn't Kirita's dad, he's her brother :P But that's ok. People make mistakes! Love how the story's going! Great job, NG!