Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 69 - The Next Guardian issue #69

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 69 - The Next Guardian issue #69

Chapter 69 - The Next Guardian issue #69


CORRECTION: KIRITA IS SHADOW'S SISTER. SMALL MEMORY LAPSE ON MY PART, SORRY LADY_AYAME316.

“Yeah, I figured out she was a robot when she order the demolition team. We gotta stop this.” Ekyt, scraping some blood off his forehead, went to move, But Linda-Su stopped him. “Ekyt, she's got everyone but you and me. We've gotta think this out. And get you fixed up first.” Ekyt had to agree with the logic. “How did she get everyone? Or “it” rather.” Linda-Su sighed.

“First she caught Sonic off-guard. He thought she was just annoyed, but… Then, the others tried to fight back, but an army of swatbots took them prisoner. Now it's just us.” She didn't look thrilled, but not scared either. She was tougher than that. “Where do we go?” She asked. “My old place. As far as I know, only a couple of us know that spot. We're gonna need help, but we can talk about that later.” Ekyt, trying to walk normally, was slowed by a bite on his leg. Linda's heart went out to him. He can't show weakness. Or emotions. It must be hard… She shook her head. How he's going to try to liberate a village by himself. Well, except for me. Who else is there?

Ekyt was having thoughts about that last part. The two rushed through the jungle. The arrived at the place. She put a supportive hand on his shoulder. They were shocked to find Knuckles and Julie-Su, along with Eden (Violet_Rose), already there.

After greetings were exchanged, the group decided to see what they could scrounge for supplies. Some wood for a fire, weapons, and who would do what. Being the most experienced in the field, Linda and Julie-Su took that. Eden gathered the wood, while Ekyt and Knuckles planned. At one point, Ekyt actually slammed his foot through a tree. “What we need is some stealth. Let's face it, that's not me. Not you, no offense. Julie…no. Linda-Su…” “Yeah, that police training must have helped.” Knuckles said, excited for the breakthrough. Ekyt looked troubled. “I know, you don't want her to go it alone, but she's our only choice.” Ekyt nodded firmly. “Yeah, I know. But we need a distraction. If she can release just a few others, this fight will be less lopsided. Especially if that stupid mutt wakes up.”

After talking it over with Linda, they agreed it was the best option available. The two took a walk. Maybe the last.

Ekyt tried to say something, but turned it into a cough or a hiccup. She turned to him as they looked at the captive village from a distance. “I hate to ask this of you.” Ekyt finally spoke. “It has to be done. I'll be fine.” She couldn't look him in the eye either. He caught her off guard with a kiss. It was too long, but not long enough. “I am going to do everything to keep you safe. You mean the world to me. I …wish there was some other way.” She kissed him back. “It's okay. A guardian never stops being a guardian, and a police officer never stops being a police officer.” They hugged, neither managing the words they really wanted to say.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Lady_Ayame316 on April 16, 2006, 7:41:14 AM

Lady_Ayame316 on
Lady_Ayame316Yayz! First comment! This chapter was really sweet^_^ I liked it ALOT. Great job!