Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 75 - The Next Guardian Issue # 75- Ekyt's second arrest

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 75 - The Next Guardian Issue # 75- Ekyt's second arrest

Chapter 75 - The Next Guardian Issue # 75- Ekyt's second arrest


Ekyt struggled to his feet, with some help from Linda-Su. Laura-Le was helping Locke up. The Dark Legion chose this moment to break into the chamber. Both sides wasted no time in fighting.

Ekyt, still woozy, fought, standing in front of Hawking. But the Dark Legion had the strength in numbers, even though the “guardians” were the better fighters. Hawking awoke, seeing what was happening, contacted Locke telepathically. It must be done now, Locke. Hawking concentrated as the emerald began to glow violently, then disappeared all together.

This stunned Ekyt and Knuckles long enough to both be hit from behind. Kragok, Nic, Nack, and the Dark Legion soldiers fought violently, twenty each diving diving on the two downed guardians. Linda-Su held her own next to her sister, Julie-Su. They both caught a hit to the face and were also dived on. One by one, Sonic, Shadow, Violet, and Laura-Le went down. That left Locke and Hawking. The Dark Legion closed in.

Ekyt flew into the one's nearest, a rush of adrenaline carrying him. Before him, enemies fell. But the edge in numbers soon left him lying again. Held before Kragok, Ekyt took a huge risk. ^Locke, can you here me?^ (^ means telepathic communication, Ekyt can't do this all the time, it's illegal in fact.) ^Yes^ ^Good. You and Hawking escape, do whatever it takes. I know this is it, but not for you two^ ^Ekyt, this is illegal, I^ ^Please, Locke, there's no time! Go, hurry!^

Locke and Hawking disappeared. Kragok knew a guardian's powers as well as anyone, and he knew what happened. He snatched a taser from one of his followers and zapped Knuckles and Ekyt. “Take them and the other echidnas prisoner. Leave the rest.”

Ekyt, Knuckles, Linda-Su, Laura-Le, and Julie-Su were stuffed in the back of a truck. The others talked. Ekyt, however was silent. His eye black, his nose bloodied, he kept his face stoic. Only Linda-Su could read it. It was shame, disappointment. She edged closer to him.

“It's not your fault, you know.” She told him firmly. “I know. I just let everyone down. I broke every rule in the book. My days as a guardian are numbered. I lost everything I've worked for. Almost everything. Gone.” “What kind of attitude is that?” she asked him sternly. He looked up, startled. “I…” “No. You did exactly what a guardian does. Big deal, you broke some rules. Being with me is practically illegal and you stay with me, right? You're not gonna drop me, right? Snap out of it!” She put her head on his shoulder. He let his head fall near hers. Linda knew she did it. All it took to motivate her boyfriend was some anger. Now, what would he do with it?

Shadow woke first. He shook Violet awake. She instinctively swung her hammer, it narrowly missed him and cracked the wall. “Easy, Violet (Violet_Rose).” “Shadow, did we win?” she asked him. “No idea. Let's get the others.” They woke Sonic and Star (Violet_Rose). Sonic was furious. “I let them down!” He kicked the wall. “Sonic, calm down. We need to think this through, and then act quickly.” She turned to her brother (sorry if I got the connection wrong, Violet_Rose) Shadow. “There's no doubt they need rescuing. I know it goes against all your beliefs, but we need help.” Shadow nodded grudgingly. “I'll leave that to you and Sonic, Star.” They raced off to Knothole. Wynmacher was just stirring. After some explanation, he decided to seek help as well. Help of a different kind.

Ekyt and Knuckles were being interrogated elsewhere. Kragok questioned them. Knuckles and Ekyt remained silent. Kragok then went after Julie and Linda. Knuckles and Ekyt stirred, but two henchmen brought the butts of their rifles down between their shoulder blades. Ekyt was furious, his mind racing. He began to saw at his ropes using his ring, then cut Knuckles ropes.

As soon as they were free, they charged, knocking soldiers left and right, finally reaching Kragok. Ekyt freed the two women while Knuckles dove across his desk, sending a flying fist into Kragok's jaw. Linda and Julie, both former supporters of the Dark Legion, were determined to leave their mark. They did just that, with fists flying. Kragok sounded the alarm.

Soldiers came rushing in, but the cavalry arrived too. Wynmacher led the charge, followed by Sonic, Shadow, Star, Amy Rose, Tails, and Violet Rose. Violet and Amy's two hammers laid waste to countless soldiers. Tails yelled “Bomb's away!” and dropped Sonic and Star down into the middle of the frey. They both spun forward into the middle of the clustered enemy. They flew like bowling pins. Shadow, the only one carrying a weapon, a pipe in this case, sent the enemies flying. Hastily, the Dark Legion retreated.

Ekyt finally breathed, but he knew the worst was yet to come.

Locke sat in Haven, with the newly alert Hawking. He replayed the day's actions in his head as well as the tapes. Archimedes was giving his input. “Really, Locke, he acted accordingly. Hawking did the same when he was the guardian.” “Times have changed, Archimedes. His actions were inexcusable.” A crack sounded the arrival of another fireant. “Grandfather Deo! To what do I owe the pleasure?” Archimedes greeted his Grandfather.

Deo looked grave. “No pleasure, grandson. I've come with a message from Christopheles.” (Christopheles was the first guardian's advisor. Steppenwolf and Edmund to be exact. Man, I'm a dork! ) “This…Ekyt…Christopheles tell me to remind you not to be hasty when judging him.” “Deo, you must understand his actions were admirable, but inexcusable. He will face court, jail time maybe. That is up to the chief magistrate.” “Do as you will, Locke.” With a crack, he was gone.



Later…



In the office the next morning, Ekyt's picture greeted Linda-Su. Hmm, I don't recall putting his picture up- no, not again!” She yanked the picture down. He was under the arrest pile.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on October 9, 2006, 5:37:06 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogwow awesome, nothing more I can say

Violet_Rose on April 21, 2006, 1:03:03 PM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseOh! And thankx again!-^^-

Violet_Rose on April 21, 2006, 1:01:47 PM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseMe woved this issue, so much suspence!^0^