Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 78 - The Next Guardian Issue 78- Ekyt snaps!

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 78 - The Next Guardian Issue 78- Ekyt snaps!

Chapter 78 - The Next Guardian Issue 78- Ekyt snaps!


“C'mon. Up and at `em>” Linda-Su's voice was pulling Ekyt from his sleep. “Where we goin'?” he asked groggily. “Eden's. She good with this kind of medical stuff.” (Eden belongs to Violet_Rose).

His shirt had been singed pretty good, and his trench coat was being repaired by Amy Rose. His pants were okay, though. He got up, and immediately felt one side of his ribs groan. He walked, trying to hide the limp, but Linda knew him to well. She half-dragged him to Eden's house. Linda told her the story before showing her Ekyt.

“Ohhhhh.” She sucked in a breath. “That must've hurt. Well, we'll get you fixed up.” She put some stuff on his burns, gave Linda some bandages (You'll have to help him, she said.) and told him to drink some purified water. Lastly she handed him a cane. “Not broken or sprained, but bruised pretty bad. You'll have to take it easy for a while.” Ekyt nodded. “Thank you Eden. I'm glad you know this stuff. I need all the help I can get.” Linda helped him down to the Grand Conservatory, where Locke was waiting.

“Well Ekyt, I'm afraid we'll have to relieve you of any guardian duties.” “For how long, Locke?” Locke lowered his eyes. “Well, indefinitely. That doesn't mean.” WHAM! Ekyt overturned a table. “Now take it easy, you'll” “Save it. You just yanked half my world, everything I've worked for out from under me, and you want me to be calm. Fine. I'm gone.” He turned and hobbled away, a broken man.

He met Linda on the outside, and gave her the grave explanation. “I'm going to go somewhere for a while. I need to sort things out.” He hugged and kissed his stunned girlfriend goodbye, left a note for her to read later, walked the best he could away from the shattered pieces of his world.

He stopped only to inform the Chaotix. They agreed that it was wrong, and offered to help him. Ekyt declined, and continued. Movement was life.

Eventually, his walk brought him Mobius, where there was turmoil. Sonic and Sally had another fight. Ekyt walked past the huts, ignoring the glances he received. Tails and Amy were sitting around by the pond near the edge of Knothole, when they saw his battered form coming. Amy was going to hug him like usual, but stopped. His head was down. Blood stained his body under his bandages. He told his two young friends what had happened. Amy gasped and Tails sat, shocked. “They can't do that!” Amy exclaimed. “They can and have. Take it easy, you two.” He gave Amy a one-armed hug and shook Tails hand.

On the outskirts of Knothole, Shadow and Violet were watching the sun set. They both got up as they saw him hobbling by. “Hmmph. That's a shame.” Said Shadow. Violet looked concerned. “You okay?” she asked. He grinned, as he knew that a few days ago she would've laughed instead. “No. I won't be for a long time. If you and Shadow need me, ever, I'll be there. But for now, I'm going… I don't know where.”

Leaning heavily on his cane, he continued along. Then he heard a cry for help. A robot was robbing a young fox. Ekyt limped forward. “Hey! Pick on someone your own size, rust pot!” The robot turned in time to get cracked with Ekyt's cane. He put the cane on the robot's “neck” and thrust down, “killing” it. The young fox looked up at him. “Are you okay?” he asked her. She nodded. “Who are you.” “Name's Ekyt. What's your name.” The girl looked to be about six years old, so he knelt down to be closer to her size. “My name's Aurreen. I'm okay. Thanks mister.” “Not a problem. Take care of yourself.” Ekyt walked along, occasionally massaging his ribs.

He thought of what he had left behind. But it hurt. He made the decision to start back. Good thing too.

Cring grabbed Linda by the shirt. “Tell me where he is, and you'll live.” He slashed her shirt around waist level. “Not a chance, mutt.” He threw her, but she glided back into him, sending him back. “Brave little girl.” He snarled, then drew back his fist. Ekyt grabbed it.

“Were you raised in a kennel? Silly question.” He cracked the dog with the cane, then yanked his legs out from under him. He charged Ekyt, who's ankle gave. Linda tackled the dog, furious. She peppered him with everything she had. He ran away with his tail between his legs. “You came back.” She asked, questioningly. “Yeah. I missed you. My job is lost, but I hope you're not.” “Not a chance. C'mon, we're going to my house, it's closest.” “I don't know if I should. I'm a mess, Linda. Mentally and physically.” She raised an eyebrow. “Yeah, I've seen you worse. You're worried. Worried I'm gonna ask you to do something you're afraid to do. Ekyt, you know I'm not like that. I'm in love with you, not lusting over what you look like. Not that I don't like how you look, but…you get my point. Wait, what's that? My God, did you get in another fight?” She ducked down to his side, on his hip, where a bruise that wasn't there before. “Okay, we've got to get you to my place. We need to figure out where we are in this relationship. And what we can do to get you back in the action.” At that moment, both their bands glowed, but not green from soul touch. This was a magenta color.

Their daughter, Paula-Su, stood before them.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Violet_Rose on May 3, 2006, 11:15:05 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseyEAH! PLZ ADD MORE!!! ^0^