Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 80 - The Next Guardian Issue 80- No holds barred!

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 80 - The Next Guardian Issue 80- No holds barred!

Chapter 80 - The Next Guardian Issue 80- No holds barred!


Ekyt moved in the next day and started work on his own place. If he was going to live there, he was going to make sure not to be a burden.

On the first day, he had his stuff stashed away neatly. He got up before her, made her breakfast, cleaned up, and was off, training and building his new place. She shook her head, amazed. Goofy kid. But he's nice. He must know I had work today. What a sweetheart.

Ekyt, jobless, wandered aimlessly around. He visited his friends, still down on himself, and still in pain. His leg was still hurt, forcing him to use a cane, and his ribs were still hurt, and his shirts were all shredded, so he could only walk around with bandages wrapped around his torso. He was still depressed, though.

He talked to Knuckles. “I think my dad made a bogus call, but don't worry, me and Archimedes are working on it. Heck, you've even rubbed off on Julie-Su, and that ain't easy.” “Why'd I get the shaft, Knux?” Ekyt asked. Knuckles raised his eyebrows. “Dad didn't tell you?” Ekyt shook his head. “No, what happened?”

“Well, it's partly because of the last injury you took. The Brotherhood didn't feel that you would recover quick enough. My dad voted to keep you on, but he was outnumbered and he got the task of delivering the news. The other half was some resented a human being a guardian. It's nothing that's your fault.” Ekyt let his eyes sink. “I see. Give your father my best. Between you and me Knux, I'll be in the loop.” He walked out, leaving Knuckles to his training.

On the way out, he kicked over a dead tree, ignoring his protesting ribs. Not good enough? That's the problem? Well, we'll see about that. He finally made it up the mountain to Mighty's place. Mighty was lifting weights, but he stopped when he saw his friend's face.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked. Ekyt recounted the tale while he absently lifted Mighty's weights. When he finished, Mighty asked what he could do. “Well, I'd like to get in with the Chaotix.”

So Ekyt began his training with the Chaotix. He and Espio were technical fighters, while Vector and Mighty fought with pure power. Charmy was in a class by himself.

Ekyt, tired and sore, returned to Linda's after getting cleaned up. She was already home and out of uniform, relaxing in jeans and a white t-shirt when her battered boyfriend limped in. “God, did you get in another fight?” He shook his head. “No, I was training with the Chaotix, my new employers. At least until the guardians relent.” He told her what Knuckled had to told him. She nodded. “Yeah, that sounds like some of the brotherhoods outdated rules. Congratulations.” “Thanks,” he offered, “How was your day?” Linda stopped. He actually seemed to care…That wasn't something she had gotten before.

Her parents had been killed when she was young, and in her blind fury, joined with the dark legion, along with her sister, Julie-Su. The two had stayed close. But never close enough to be parent figures to each other. Not that Ekyt was, but he seemed concerned for her well being in more that a friendly way. It was new to her. And to him, she was willing to bet.

So she told him, and he listened. He then told her about the new job with the Chaotix. He was just about to tell her how Vector had ran into a tree when a knock came at the door. Knuckles stood there, a grim look on his face.

He asked to talk to Ekyt privately. Ekyt left shortly, then came back, furious. “They picked a new guardian!” He let his head drop, then laughed. “I'm, going to say hello.” She put her hand on his shoulder. “Just don't do anything you'll regret.” “Don't worry, how bad could it be?”

It was bad.

“Remington? You?” Ekyt stared down his rival, the former constable Remington. “The one and only, punk. Boy, the hits just keep on coming, don't they kid? I get your job, I get your girl” “Say that again!” Ekyt stood low, menacing. “Your…Girl…” Ekyt charged him, the two tussled, Ekyt winning in blind fury. Remington snarled “Do you know what the sentence is for assaulting a guardian?” Ekyt narrowed his eyes, then answered. “Do you know the price for imitating a guardian?” Remington kicked him in his hurt leg, then followed with a shot to the ribs. Ekyt, still injured, rolled as he went down and swept his opponents legs. Knuckles and Linda burst in. The two kept fighting. “Aw Snap!” Knuckles shouted. “It'll take more than us to get those two apart. Linda, call Sonic and Shadow.” “No need.”

Sonic, Shadow, and Violet stood there. “We heard the fight. What happened.” Shadow asked. Violet pushed him aside gently and whacked the two with her hammer. “Behave, both of you! Linda, cuff one of them, would ya?” Linda handcuffed Ekyt, while the others restrained Remington.

Locke saw the whole thing via monitor. “I knew Remington was a bad idea.” His ex-wife, Lara-Le, stood behind him. “It was for the best, Locke. You can't trust those filthy humans.” Locke gave her a firm look. “You can trust this one.” I do, in fact.

The human didn't struggle, he stood there, staring down Remington. Shadow would've let them handle it themselves, but rules were rules to these inferior creatures.
“Okay, what brought this on?” asked Linda. Remington told a lie that was so obvious no one believed it. Locke burst into the room. “Linda, let the human go. He's innocent. Defending your honor as well as the honor of the title of guardian is his only crime.” Linda released him, bit kept her hand on him. Locke recounted what was said via a recording.

Linda-Su's thoughts were going a mile a minute. She let her guard down, and Remington who was a seasoned cop, zeroed in and kissed her. “Come with me instead.” Ekyt was held back by Locke and Knuckles. Linda smiled. She opened her mouth. “Nope.” “Huh.” She slugged Remington in the jaw. “That's for killing Knuckles (He died once in the comic, but came back.)” She hit him again. “That's for kissing me.” And she tossed him across the room. “That was for insulting my boyfriend!” She walked calmly over to Ekyt.

Good or Bad, for better or worse, these are the actions that were taken. Athair studied the group closer. Hmmm. Perhaps the Ancient Walkers could assist in the matter…




Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Violet_Rose on May 8, 2006, 11:06:29 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseNO COMMENTS!? My god! This is a great issue, come on peeps, give comments!!! -^0^-

Violet_Rose on May 8, 2006, 11:04:09 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseNO COMMENTS!? My god! This is a great issue, come on peeps, give comments!!! -^0^-