Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 85 - Issue 85: The most shocking issue yet!

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 85 - Issue 85: The most shocking issue yet!

Chapter 85 - Issue 85: The most shocking issue yet!


Linda-Su piloted the best she could. Ekyt was starting to stir, but she had to buy more time for him. She dodged into a forest and zigzagged at top speed. Several Dark Legion members crashed, but there were still a lot more. Ekyt, now awake, took her pistol from it's holster and fired shots and the bottom of the opposing hover cars. One by one they dropped off, engine trouble dogging them.

“We're okay for now.” Then he looked back. “Aw snap!” (I know, I know, but I gotta keep this PG) Kragok's personal vehicle was back in the chase, followed by Lien-Da's vehicle. Robotnik was at the lead in his hovercraft. Ekyt stood up. For a few crucial seconds he was a target for lasers. He jumped and swung around a tree branch, connecting with Robotnik. Robotnik fell down to the ground, only to be picked up by Kragok's men.

Ekyt dropped into the hovercraft and put it directly behind Linda's car, to keep some distance. He stood to jump, then cut the engines. He jumped as Lien-Da's car hit the hovercraft. That left one more vehicle.

This car was heavily armored, reinforced in front and back. The sides held gun pods (Like World War II railroad guns, if you've ever played Medal of Honor), so no side was easy. It was better in this case to make a run for it. Their vehicle was the faster one. Linda had an idea, though.

“Drive!” she called to Ekyt, who obediently took the wheel. Linda leaned out the side of the car and fired several shots from her pistol, cracking a tree. Ekyt threw a knife into the wedge she had made, causing the tree topple. It blocked Kragok's car. They were safe. For the moment.

Until they saw all of Kragok's men who had cut them off, aiming rifles and other nasty looking weapons at them. “What do we do?” Linda-Su asked. She looked ready to fight. If he was alone, Ekyt might have done that. Instead, he raised his arms and got down on his knees. Linda followed suit. The Dark Legion rushed forward, seizing the two.

Things look bad. I've gotta do something. I'm to weak to pull of a chaos control trick. Ekyt sighed, and finally gave in. He wasn't going to talk, so he might as well prepare to die.

He and Linda were in a jail cell. She didn't look angry, but you could tell she was underneath it all. “We'll get through it.” She told him. “Yeah, we always do.” Then the guards came. Execution by hanging was the word. With Ekyt too weak to pull the same trick he had before, he was led to the podium, in front of the jeering enemy. “Any last requests, pig?” asked the executioner. “Yeah, loosen the knot and let me go.” Ekyt snarled. The executioner looked to Kragok, who swore at him. “Of course you don't let him go! Geez!” (Dialogue taken from the Mummy. Great movie) “I do have one last request.” “And that is, guardian?” the executioner snickered. Ekyt got down on one knee the best he could with his hands behind his back. “Linda-Su, will you marry me?” The crowd gasped.

She got up on the stage. “If I'm going to die, I want to know that I love you. I just could never say it. Not the way I should have.” She kissed him, earning a mock “Awww” from the crowd. “Of course I will.”

Kragok stood up and applauded. “A valiant move, guardian. Get a magistrate and let the two lovebirds die in wedlock!”

TO BE CONTINUED: THE “I DO'S?”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Violet_Rose on May 14, 2006, 9:28:52 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseGreat issue! ^0^