Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 88 - Issue 88: Dark Horizons

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 88 - Issue 88: Dark Horizons

Chapter 88 - Issue 88: Dark Horizons
bsp;           After getting back from Zoness (See last special, Zoness used Courtesy of Sega_man7) Ekyt and Linda were closer than ever.  Knuckles mother, Lara-le is viciously against the couple.  She finally found a way to pry the two apart.            Linda-Su made the short trip to Echidnapolis, walking to Lara-le’s home.  Wynmacher answered the door, then called for her.  She came to the door, and pretended to be delighted to see Linda.            “Come in, my dear.  I thought that since you are so close with a guardian, you should know what goes along with marrying a guardian.  For example, if you have children by him, they will be destined to be guardians.  You won’t get to raise them.  He’ll be training them.  Most likely not thinking of actually raising the children.  Not even children.  Guardians.  You’ll have guardians, not kids.  And then, when he gets called to Haven, it means you’ll be alone.”  She watched the fifteen year old’s face fell slightly.  “I-I guess I better go.  Thank you ma’am.”  Lara-Le watched her go, satisfied that she would drop the kid like a hot potato.Ekyt dodged Espio attack and struck back with his fist, while Espio jumped up and flipped on him.  Ekyt dodged and rolled, but Espio held on.  Ekyt threw himself on his back, pinning Espio.  With him eliminated, Mighty and Knuckles went at it as Ekyt toweled himself off.  He tossed on clean clothes, complete with trench coat.  He watched Mighty throw Knuckles, and Knuckles gliding to return the blow.                                           Linda-su stood outside the door.  This was hard to do.  The kid is so…fragile.  Emotionally.  He has done nothing but care for me…But what Lara-le said made sense…But him and I have come so far.  No, I have to.She sighed heavily and walked in, and tapped him on the shoulder.  She could sense his discomfort immediately.  “Can we talk?” she asked.  “Sure.”  “Knuckles, be right back.”  “Take your time.” Knuckles called back.  They walked to Mount Fate.  They climbed the slope and stood up on top.  The view was panoramic.  But neither of them noticed.  Linda-Su sighed heavily.  “I-I’m sorry Ekyt.  I don’t think we should be…you know…together.”  She tried to gage his reaction.  But his expression gave nothing away.  “I assume you have a reason.”  He said.  It wasn’t a question.  They had come to far together to give false notions.  “I-I just don’t feel it’s right.” She said.  It was vague, and she knew he deserved better.  But he didn’t pry.  “I understand Linda.”  His voice was low, solemn.  He closed his eyes.  “Just take care of yourself.”  He turned and jumped down the slope, landing on the ledges.  He had been here before.Linda-Su had never felt worse.  He took it well.  But that doesn’t mean much.  Guardians are mysterious by nature.  She sighed again, letting herself sink onto the ash below.  Her thoughts were with her human friend.  Ekyt walked.  He hadn’t seen this coming.  Things had seemed so right…Obviously he was off.  It wasn’t  that he was human, he was as human as he was last week.  Not that it mattered.  He made a decision.He got to Haven, and was greeted amiably by Locke.  “What brings you here guardian?” he asked.  Ekyt looked up.  “I-I want to retire from active duty as a guardian.”  Locke’s eyes widened with Shock.  Stroking his beard, he called for the other members of Haven.  The brotherhood consisted of an elite few guardians.  They were older, but they still served their purposes well.  Sabre, Hawking, Sojourner, and Thunderhawk came immediately.“It appears Ekyt wishes to retire from active guardian duty.”  Thunderhawk immediately snarled.  “A human backing down?  Huh, just like your kind.”  “Thunderhawk, stand down.”  Sabre spoke up.  “Something influenced your decision lad.  Hawking, you have the most experience with emotional…never mind.  You know what to do.”  Hawking concentrated for a few seconds, then opened his eyes again.  “His mind is to young, too fresh.  It will not reveal the issue without further probing.  And that endangers his subconscious.”  Thunderhawk voted to probe his mind, but the others turned it down.  “You may have your wish, guardian, whatever caused this.  The door shall remain open to you.”  Hawking said.  “Hawking, you are our oldest member.” Locke said, starting to gain momentum.  “Yes, Locke.  What of it?”  “I move that Ekyt, rather than retire, be allowed to learn from us in Haven.”  “An excellent idea, Locke.  Granted.”   To Be Continued…             

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment