Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 90 - Issue 90: Answers

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 90 - Issue 90: Answers

Chapter 90 - Issue 90: Answers
bsp;           Ekyt was learning from the best in Haven.  His mind and body grew as the days went on.  He knew echidna history as well as any guardian before him, and he was in great shape.  He had also kept his duties with the Chaotix.  That meant running into Julie-Su, Linda-Su’s sister.Julie didn’t seem to hate him.  In fact, at one point, she asked to talk to him privately.  “Look, I know it’s tough, but my sister went nuts over the thought of her children becoming guardians.  Lara-Le had gotten to her and…” “Wait, wait, Knuckles mother?  She’s been trying to ruin our relationship from day one!”  Julie-Su’s eyes widened.  “Really?  She liked me and Knuckles…”  “Yeah, But I’m human…That explains it.  Oh man!  How do I talk to her without insulting my mentor’s mother?”  “Let me do it.”  Julie told him.  “I owe you one for the help.”  *Julie is referring to the first issues of Next Guardian- N.G*  “Thanks.”  CRASH!   “What the…!”  Dark Legion soldiers poured in.  Lien-Da saw her sister, Julie-Su.  Ekyt turned to her.  “Run for it!  Me and the Chaotix will deal with this!  Talk to Linda!”  At that point both sides were fully engaged.Mighty was cleaning house, throwing the Dark Legion members around easy.  Espio disappeared and re-appeared.  Vector and Charmy were working together, with Vector throwing a fastball with Charmy.  Ekyt bashed his share of skulls too.  That was when things got out of hand.Lien-Da, as skilled a fighter as any, head straight for Ekyt.  He turned to punch, but stopped.  “It’s against my principles to his girls.”  He said offhandedly.  She slapped him, and then punched him.  “Nuh-uh, that ain’t gonna do it.  You may be a witch and a cow.  But you’re still a girl, though appearances may be deceiving. Kragok couldn’t handle his sister being insulted anymore.  He brought his metal hand down on the kid, then picked him up with it.  “You’re coming with us.  If you don’t do what she says, you die.  Understand?”  “Yeah, I understand.  Let me ask you this though:  If you get me, will you go away?”  “If you wish…guardian.”   “Yeah.  I do.  Guys!  Lay off and get out of here!  I’m the bargaining price.  Trust me!  Go!”  The Chaotix bailed.Julie-Su got to her sister’s place.  She was tired but unhurt.  Linda helped her into a chair.  “Look sis, your ex-boyfriend is in trouble.  And as for the talk Lara gave you, she’s hated Ekyt from day one!  Don’t believe her.”  “But she’s right Julie.  I would end up alone.  I”  “Has he left you alone yet?  When you arrested him, did he fight?  When the dark legion had us, didn’t he take a bullet for you?  Hasn’t he defended your honor?  Think about it!  The kid came here to escape bullying and deceit, and this is what happens?”  “I know Julie, I felt awful about it.  I still do.  But maybe echidnas belong with echidnas.  And humans with humans.”  “Then why is he here?  Why does the Dark Legion have him and not the rest of the Chaotix?”  Julie was shouting by now.  “Don’t you get it?! You two are tailor-made for each other! The same as me and Knuckles!”  “Oh My God, you’re right Julie!  I can’t believe I ever thought otherwise!  We’ve gotta go get him!” Ekyt was shackled to the table.  They had taken a blood sample, trying to figure out what gave him a guardians powers.  Lien-Da ran the test.  She tried to kiss him, but he turned his head.  Finally she held his head still and kissed him.  Then she bounced his head off the table.  He looked at her, opened his mouth, and spat on Kragok’s clothes.  “Feisty.  I like that in a man.”  “Nice of you to say.” He snarled.  “It’s a shame, really.  I don’t like ugly echidnas with an ego problem.  And that takes care of your good points.”  Lien-Da pulled out her pistol.  She grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him close.  “Listen to me carefully.  We can be friends, or we can be enemies.  Maybe we could me more than friends.  But understand this:  If we’re enemies, You are going to die.  Not right away.  It will be slow.  And painful.  And my face will be the last thing you see.”  “I’m taken.” He spat.“Valiant guardian, but you lie.  I know of you and my sister breaking up.  Yes I do.  You can’t have her.  Why don’t you take me instead?”  “I would never betray her.  Unlike you, I have my pride.  And I care for hers.  I will defend her, and all the others, with every breath, every drop of blood.  I will not join you or your scuzzbucket Dmitri knockoff of a brother.”“You mentioned my name, guardian?”  Dmitri walked in, smiling unpleasantly.  “Dmirti?  You traitor!”  Dmitri punched him.  “Talk is cheap guardian.  It’s action that matters.  I chose my path.  You chose yours.  And look where it landed you.  You’re a lab rat, a guinea pig, a little white mouse.  That is, until we decide to get rid of you.  You see, guardian, this room is a chaos syphon.  Just like the one Ixus Naugus used on me.  But I was immortal then.  You are not.  So if I hit this button, all the chaos crystals that run through your veins with your blood, will be scrambled.  And it will hurt, guardian.  And I will enjoy it.”  “Good for you.  Watch me suffer.  You don’t scare me Dmitri.  You’re a failed scientist, a failed genius, a failed traitor, forced to crawl back to his followers.  You’re low.”  “I would advise you to stop, Ekyt.”  Ekyt looked him in the eyes.  “No.”  “Fine.  You’ve forced me to use the syphon.  Lien-Da, leave the room.  No need for you to get hurt.” 

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on October 10, 2006, 1:43:48 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogOuch, Eykt'll be ok though, he always is, Go Eykt!