Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 91 - Retribution

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 91 - Retribution

Chapter 91 - Retribution
bsp;           Ekyt heard the crash before Kragok. He sensed Espio untying the ropes that were holding him to the table.  Then Lien-Da came crashing through the plate glass window.  Unconcious.            Kragok had his attention diverted, so Ekyt took the opportunity.  The needle that held his blood sample was nearby.  He threw it at Kragok’s head, it bounced off and smashed on the floor.  There went their data.              Kragok opened up a dimensional portal and jumped through.  Ekyt swung but missed him narrowly.  Then he decided to get out of there before things got worse.  He kicked open the duct for air conditioning and climbed in.              After a few minutes, he kicked the outside panel out.  He took a few gulps of fresh air before he heard a fight.  Linda-Su, outnumbered 20-1, was holding her own.  Ekyt, without thinking about their breakup, raced down the hill to help her.            The weeks he had spent with the brotherhood, training, had paid off.  He dodged and rolled and punched.  His speed in short ranges was peak human.  He landed an elbow to one unlucky enemy’s face while kicking another.  He kneed yet another.             He saw Linda take out her share with a few throws and some impressive strikes.  The last few enemies ran from the duo.  Ekyt turned to Linda, who had taken a hard hit to the stomach which knocked the wind out of her.  “You okay?” he asked.   “Yeah, fine.”  She said, then shook her head.  “I’m sorry.” She whispered.  “What?”  He said, disbelieving.  “I’m sorry.  I shouldn’t have left you.  I listened to Lara-Le.  I should have known better.  Her first marriage is in shambles.  I love you for you.  If we ever have kids, I know you won’t leave me alone.”  Ekyt was kind of taken aback, but said “Of course not.  My loyalty lies with you.  In fact, I kind of retired as an active guardian.  But I’ll go back.”  They hugged right there.  She went to kiss him, but met the mask instead.              She pulled the mask off gingerly.  She didn’t care that he was bleeding.  They kissed and they both knew it was right.  “C’mon, we better get back, the others will worry.” She finally said.  “Yeah.  I’m sorry too.  I’ll try to be better and…” “Oh, stuff it.  You’re shy.  But it’s kind of cute it a goofy way.  Maybe even sexy in a quiet way.”  She laughed as her boyfriend blushed.  “Relax, it’s me remember?  I’m your girlfriend!”  “Yeah, that makes it easier!”  She rolled her eyes and shook her head.  “Boys!” she said.            They got back.  She hadn’t seen his injuries yet.  She would though, he knew.  The Brotherhood asked him to go back to active duty.  Locke had been right about what would happen.  Ekyt took some time to thank him.  “You accepted me when I needed it most Locke.  I owe a lot to you.  Let me know if you ever need me.  And please thank the others for me.  Learning from them was awesome!”  Locke said he would and watched the kid walk away.  Locke hoped that he could salvage his relationship with his son, Knuckles.            Ekyt took the night off to heal.  It had been Knuckles suggestion.  Linda had her bandages with her as they sat on the hill.  She had noticed his cuts and scrapes, black eye, stab wound, and others when she went to hug him.  “Are you serious!  How do you do this!” she said.  “Take that shirt off!  God, you have got to take care of yourself!”  She wrapped bandages around his torso.  The his lower leg.  But when she went to check his collarbone, he stopped her.  “Hold it.  What’s that?  You have a huge bump on your head and you cut your leg.  Gimme that!” he said, taking the bandages and fixing her up.  “My job is to take care of others.” He said.  “Yeah, but don’t neglect yourself.”  “I’m not.  I’m with you, aren’t I?” he said.  Smooth, kid, real smooth! You just wanna tattoo your lame lines on your arm? He scolded himself.  Linda-Su gave him one of those smiles, eyes half-lidded.  “How about a goodnight kiss before we turn in for the night?”  she asked him.  He kissed her.   ON ZONESS ( For Sega_Man7- quicker that you expected?)            Ragnarok and Mariic (Both Sega_Man7) were happily married.  Ekyt and Linda-Su had helped out.  They were lying together one night when they heard a weird sound and saw the opening to another zone outside.  It sucked them in.            “Where are we?” Ragnarok said out loud.  “Couldn’t tell you.  From the looks of things, it’s the floating island.  But more futuristic.”  They heard a voice:  “Mom?  Dad?”            They both turned around, and their eyes widened.  “My God…” Mariic uttered.  Ragnarok was speechless.              Before them stood their son.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Violet_Rose on May 29, 2006, 8:14:22 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_Rose^ 6Coolz!