Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 92 - Tails Time

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 92 - Tails Time

Chapter 92 - Tails Time
Sonic and Sally had made up. They were closer than ever. So when Sonic recommended Ekyt for a mission, Sally agreed. Ekyt was on his way when he saw Tails alone for a change. He stopped to talk.
“How’s it going, Tails?” he asked. “Okay, Ekyt. But it bites being 11, when everyone else is older.” Ekyt sat down. “And what brought that on?” Ekyt asked, eyebrows raised. “Sally used to read me stories, and Sonic would let me tag along on adventures when I was younger. But after I was ten, it was like they forgot about me.” “Being too young for one group and too old for another is always awkward Tails. Believe me, I’ve been there. At parties, I couldn’t play with the younger kids, but I couldn’t talk with the adults when I was your age. Heck, I still don’t fit in. Why do you think I wear this mask?” Tails still looked downcast. “Tell you what, I’m doing a mission now for Sally. You wanna come?” Tails brightened. “You sure I can?” “Yeah. Let’s go get the info.”
“No way is Tails going!” Sally yelled at Ekyt. “You ignore him here! He needs someone to give him attention. You’re to busy with everything else to give him attention. He doesn’t have parents to raise him. You don’t expect him to want independence?” Ekyt shouted back. “You’re questioning me?” Sally said. “Yeah, I am. My job is to protect people, whether that is physically or mentally.” “What goes on here is none of your business!” “I’m making it my business! Why don’t you let him decide? He’s old enough! Hey, Tails!” Tails came into the room, eagerly. Sonic, who privately agreed with Ekyt, said “Little snag, bud. Ekyt here thinks you should go with him, and have some independence. Sally doesn’t agree. What do you pick?” Tails looked shocked at being asked. “I want to go with him. Nobody has time for me here. But every time he comes, Ekyt talks to me, gives me advice, teaches me stuff. You guys haven’t done that in a long time.”
“Fine! But Ekyt, he is your responsibility. If anything happens to him I’ll” “You’ll what? Relax, your royal worry wart, I’ll keep an eye on him, not that he needs it.” Sonic was busting a gut trying not to laugh. “Go then. If I’m so incompetent.” “You don’t want me to answer that, right? That was a trick question, right?” Ekyt sneered. Sonic finally laughed. “And what’s so funny, hedgehog?” Sally snapped. “Sorry Sal, but he made some good points. We have been ignoring Tails. If this is what Tails wants, I’m all for it. And I know you’re just being like this ‘cause you care.” Sally realized he was right. “Just go and get the scrolls. They’re in the forbidden zone. Be careful, both of you.” “Okay princess!” Tails said eagerly. “Let’s go Ekyt!” “Right with ya, pal.”
They made it to the forbidden zone within a half hour. Tails flew up above, making sure the coast was clear. Ekyt ran below him. So far, so… “OOF!”
Ekyt had gotten hit by a huge bird. “No one passes!” it squaked. “Says you! I’m here on behalf of the Kindgom of Acorn to retrieve” “No one passes! Unless you defeat me!” “Bring it!” Ekyt said.
“Bombs Awaaaay!” Tails yelled, dropping a rock on the bird. It sizzled, then exploded. “(cough) Nice call Tails! (cough) Let’s (cough) keep moving!”
There were the scrolls sitting there. “Tails, you take ‘em.” “huh?” Tails said. “Sure. But watch out for traps. This is about you, not me. I don’t need the glory.” He gave a half grin. “I just get in trouble. Besides, this is your chance to prove you’re as tough as they come.” Ekyt figured Tails needed the confidence. Tails grabbed the papers as the walls around them started to crumble.
Ekyt ran for it, but something caught his legs. “Take the scrolls to Sally!” Ekyt called to Tails. Tails swooped down and helped the human up. Some blocks had caught his leg. “Sonic taught me to never leave anyone behind.”
They got back to the palace, where Ekyt told Sonic and Sally how Tails had made everything work. “Guess we owe you an apology, bud.” Sonic said. “Yeah, he’s right Tails.” Sally smiled at him and kissed him on the nose. Tails blushed, but said “No you don’t. You both taught me things that came in handy in this mission. And Ekyt taught me that if you don’t seize the moment, you have no one to blame but yourself!”
The three older kids exchanged glances. Ekyt finally said “Tails, you’re going to deep.” He shot a glance at Sally with a grin that let her know he was joking. “You see, you might confuse Sally. And she doesn’t need the help!”

The Moral: Seize the Moment, Don’t hold back! If you don’t take the oppourtunity, you have no one to blame but yourself.

(Sappy, huh, but good advice!)

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment