Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 147 - The Break

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 147 - The Break

Chapter 147 - The Break
“You’re not dead?” “He’s not dead?” “I’m not dead?” Ekyt said the last one. Then he fell back over onto his face. Linda-Su was overcome with rage. She blazed through the swatbots to get to Robotonik. Sonic had recovered, and Knuckles was still fighting strong. Robotnik ordered more swatbots to attack, simply hoping to swamp all of them.

Ekyt’s hand twitched. He felt into his pocket. The emerald from the mine… “That’s why I’m not dead…Thanks for something Spectre.” He murmured, getting to his feet. Linda tackled him suddenly, as three arrows flew by, sticking into the ground where his chest would have been seconds earlier.

He had managed to absorb most of the blow, by holding onto her while she was on top of him after the tackle. “You okay?” he said, suddenly blushing. “Just fine. I’m glad you’re alright.” She said, smiling. “Back into the fray. I’ve got a little surprise of my own…”

The swatbots kept coming. Sonic, Knuckles, Julie, Linda, Ekyt, Sally, Rotor, Bunnie, and Tails. Against a hundred swatbots. They each took out their fair share, destroying in their own signature way. But they all sagged, exhausted. “Give up, rodents! Victory is mine!” Sally put her head down. “He’s right.” “No he’s not Princess.” Ekyt was holding up the emerald. “When I give the word, run, take cover anywhere you can. Because this is going to cause some HEAVY damage.” Ekyt told her. “And you?” “A risk I’m willing to take, since if this works, Robotnik will be gone too.”

Ekyt ran up a tree, using the arrow he had pulled out of himself to puncture the emerald. “NOW!” He yelled, flinging the emerald into the center of the robots.

The explosion was movie-violent. A hole in the air materialized, sucking all the robots in. Ekyt was going to be next. Without thinking, without knowing what to do, he said to himself “Chaos shield.” “Enjoy “The Zone of Silence” Robotnik.” Ekyt called. Sonic, on cue, spun into Robotnik, loosening his grip on the rock he had been hanging on to. “You’ll pay! I’ll get all of you! WAHHH!” He was sucked in. The hole vanished, the fierce wind that had whipped through stopped.

They all cheered, but sagged, exhausted from the Herculean effort it had taken to fight off Robotnik. “Great job Sonic.” Ekyt said, holding a hand over his bleeding chest. “You too, pal, that was a neat trick!” Ekyt smiled vaguely.

He was in pain, but satisfied. They had held their ground. Ekyt was ready to move to the fight in a separate clearing, where Flash (Flashthehedgehog), Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog), Amy, and Antoine were holding their own. Without Robotnik, the robots would only obey existing orders, unable to improvise.

Linda was sitting down, tired, with a troubled expression on her face. Ekyt made his way over to her, to see if she was hurt. “No, nothing like that…thank you though…I just…” Ekyt didn’t like where this was going. “You can tell me. No matter what it is, you can tell me.” Ekyt said comfortingly. “I-I need to…to…” Ekyt finished for her. “Break up with me.” He said, revealing nothing with his tone of voice or face. “Yes. I’m really sorry. I was just thinking I want to have children someday. I don’t want them to lead a guardian’s life, and I want them to have a father that can always be there for them, instead of almost dying, or always working.” She tried to gauge Ekyt’s reaction, but there was none. “Do-do you see where I’m coming from?” she asked.

“I do.” Ekyt told her. “I’m surprised you’ve put up with me as long as you have. I appreciate that, and I’m glad you told me the truth. There’s no hard feelings. Just…take care of yourself.” Ekyt said, meeting her eyes.

Out of habit, she moved to kiss him, but he was already on his way to the next battle. Linda nodded firmly, and then followed. It was a long, rough road, and this wasn’t the ending either of them had foreseen. Funny how dreams come true, but so do nightmares…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment