Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 148 - Judge, Jury, Executioner

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 148 - Judge, Jury, Executioner

Chapter 148 - Judge, Jury, Executioner
Ekyt was the first to the next battle. There was no pressure, just a routine battle that was quickly won. But not before a problem hit…

Ekyt had just dodged a swatbot’s punch. The secret was to either get in really close, or stay away entirely. Ekyt was in close, rendering their laser weapons useless. Ekyt was taking on four swatbots, everyone had four or more. But it was easy, they had no orders other than “attack.” But one landed a critical right hand to Ekyt’s face on the right side. His flesh tore away, leaving the right side of his face a bloody mess.

The battle had been won. Ekyt was almost at his lowest point. He had always had Linda’s support, and for her to just not be there anymore. Suppressing a sigh, he slipped his mask over his face for the first time in a long time.

Linda didn’t see his injury, and couldn’t bring herself to talk to him right away. When she did, he had his face covered with his mask. “Just because we’re not…you know…doesn’t mean we’re not friends.” Ekyt’s vicious streak suddenly came forward. “Says you. Enjoy your life.”

Linda couldn’t believe that. But, she couldn’t blame him either.

Ekyt was making some decisions about his life. Maybe he hadn’t lived right? Was this all his fault? As he walked by, an old enemy was walking in the opposite direction. It was a narrow path, and Ekyt didn’t really notice him until he heard a laugh. A cocky life that made his blood boil.

“HEY!” Ekyt stuck an arm out. “What do you want?” the echidna Ekyt remembered as “Staph,” Linda’s ex-boyfriend, sneered. “Take a shot at me. Go ahead.” Ekyt taunted. As Staph attacked, Ekyt’s fist hit him squarely in the jaw. Staph’s fist stopped just an inch from Ekyt’s unflinching head. “I should have done that a long time ago.” Ekyt said, a smile crossing his face. “They think I’m a monster now? Wait until they see what I’ve become…”

It was a week before Ekyt was seen again. His coat was closed, his mask firmly in place, covering his face, save for his mouth. His hair was shorter, and he looked…taller.

When he was seen, Ekyt had caught a member of the Dark Legion escaping from jail. With one hand, he grabbed the echidna and threw him into a tree. When a second escapee tried to attack, he was thrown THROUGH the tree. With one in each hand, Ekyt threw them back into their cells. “Dirtbags…you’re safer in here that out there…with me.” Ekyt rasped, a gloved hand pointing at them, a scary smile crossing his face.

He became untouchable, no one could find him. Knuckles saw him only once, when he thwarted an attempt to steal the island’s chaos emerald. Knuckles described it as “Sheer brutality.” Ekyt had caught the intruder with one arm, slamming him to the ground and holding him there, choking him, letting go just before it was too late.

“My God…I’ve unleashed a monster…” Linda muttered upon hearing the news. Julie was with her at the time. “No. Something else is going on in his head…it wasn’t you, or not just you…” “I shouldn’t have broken up with him.” She said quietly. “If you didn’t love him, then it was for the best.” “I DID love him. I STILL do. But I don’t want my children to live the kind of life he does!” Julie scratched her head. “Well…you know…if you were to go into the future, you would see what it would be like. Maybe he’s settled down in the future…” “Sonic can get me there, right?” Linda asked. “Yeah. Then you can see what Ekyt’ll be like in the future.”

Ekyt sat up in his bed, which was his coat, as he curled up under a tree. He heard footsteps; that was what had gotten his attention. A group of echidna thugs were standing over him, brandishing clubs. “Time to take your medicine for hurting out friend freak!” the head goon declared. “If I had any clue what you were talking about, I might deny the claim. But since you’re here…” Ekyt kicked the goon in front, smashing his nose. “…I’m assuming you want my attention. You’ve got it.” Ekyt’s arms flashed out, grabbing two stunned crooks. He banged their heads together, then tossed them aside. Two more goons left. One swung his club across Ekyt’s face. His mask cracked slightly. Ekyt laughed. “Good try. I’ll give you that.” He said, lifting up the offending echidna and throwing him into his friend. Grabbing the last conscious gang member (the leader), Ekyt pushed him into the tree, pulling back his right fist and striking, for once, without hesitation…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment