Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 150 - Issue 150 Special!!!

A Fan-fic about the guardian in training. Don't worry, there are two guardians, Knuckles isn't done yet.
This is going to be an actual series, so check back for updates!

Chapter 150 - Issue 150 Special!!!

Chapter 150 - Issue 150 Special!!!
“Home? You live here!” Linda sputtered. “Then I’m homeless. I’m sure not welcome here, unless the multiple stab wounds mean something else…” Only his eyes and mouth were visible, but they both showed an intensity that the young man had never displayed, let alone felt, before. Linda looked near tears, but stiffened her face, grabbing his coat’s collar.

“You listen to me! You have braved everything else here without destroying yourself. There’s something going on in your head, and I want to know what.” “And what gives you that authority?” Ekyt shot back. “I’ve always had your support, and then it just wasn’t there. In a way, I should be thanking you. It was time for my baptism by fire anyway. I made promises I haven’t kept. Some people say that promises to yourself don’t count; but think about that…Shouldn’t those promises matter most? If you can’t trust yourself…who CAN you trust?”

Linda let go of his collar, shocked by his words. “What happened to you? You used to be…” Linda’s voice trailed off. “You don’t like what I’ve become? I can’t say I blame you…I never said I LIKED myself this way…” Sonic and Linda exchanged glances. “He’s too far gone Linda…” Sonic shook his head. Linda nodded, a single tear trickling down her cheek. She reached up and kissed him on the cheek. “Don’t let us change your decision. I’d rather have you happy away than miserable here…” she gave him a sad smile as she turned his collar up against the cold one last time.

Ekyt had his stuff gathered, and was in the chaos chamber, waiting for Knuckles. “This is it. Thank you for everything Knux.” Knuckles shook his hand. “You’re sure about this?” “I have to be. It’s the only way to…what was that?” They both ran over to the other end of the Chaos Chamber. They stopped, exchanging silent glances. Sonic and Linda were laying at their feet. Seconds later, Julie-Su joined the heap. “They’re alive.” Knuckles said. “Knux…I know this out of character…but stay here and watch them…you’ll get your chance at whoever did this…Because I will throw them down here…” Ekyt pulled off his mask. Knuckles smiled. “Good to have you back buddy.” Knux told him. “Good to Be back…for now. The mask will be back on me as soon as I find who did this…”

Ekyt didn’t have to search long to find his answer. Four echidnas in long, red robes, with hoods, blocked his path. “You did this, didn’t you?” Ekyt asked. No answer. “I asked you a question, freaks in red! How about answering a simpler one: Who are you?”

What seemed to be the leader of the group stepped forward. “We are the Elite Legion. Unlike our “Dark” brothern, we do not have use for technology. We have no need. We are the prime fighters, the best of the best. You’d be wise to join us, for we have a lot in common…”

Ekyt contemplated the four echidnas. “No we don’t. I don’t attack the innocent…leave them lying…I don’t want to seem hostile, but you did that, didn’t you? Attacked my friends and left them lying?” The leader nodded. “We did. But are they REALLY your friends? We have obsvered you guardian. You have a powerful side you do not unleash…either because you don’t know of it, or you don’t choose too…or haven’t, until recently.” The echidna sneered, remaining gentlemanly. Ekyt took in their words. “You trip if you run on your way to power…not something I intend to do.”

“No one has ever refused us!” “Then I’m honored to be the first. Listen, and listen good: I will NEVER be like you. I don’t like to admit it, but I’m human. I’m mortal. I’m a lot of things. I’m anti-social. I’m habitually mysterious. I’m loyal. In short, I am The Next Guardian. However lame that sounds, I guard the emerald, I guard lives.” “You have no one to guard!” One echidna laughed. “Then I’ll guard myself.” Ekyt’s eyes darted around as the four surrounded him… With an enraged yell, the one behind him attacked. Ekyt spun, his foot slashing out, but he only hit the air as the echidna dodged him deftly. His right hand managed a hit, but he was thrown. He hit the grass on his back and rolled quickly as a foot buried itself in the ground where his chest had been. He swung his other leg low, connected with the echidna’s rising leg. He continued the forward motion and spun to his feet. He let the echidna remove his foot from the dirt. “You have integrity guardian…that is your biggest obstacle…is it one you can overcome? If not, you have no chance against us.” “Do you clowns have names? I’d like to know who’s butt it is that my foot is going to occupy.”

“I’m Shi’arr.” (Pronounced She-Arr) The one behind him said. “I’m Ada’man.” (Pronounced Ah-Da-Mahn) The one to his right stated, somewhat cockily. “You may all me Kee’lar.” (Pronounced Kay-le-arr) The one to his left said condescendingly. “And I am Gala’nata.” (Pronounced Gow-lah-na-tah) The leader said, not breaking eye contact. Ekyt gulped inwardly. These guys were going to be tough…

Linda stirred first. “Oh thank God.” Knuckles breathed a sigh of relief. “Knux? What’s going on?” “You talked Ekyt down, that’s what! He’s back, but he’s off fighting whoever it is that attacked you.” Linda’s eyes widened. “Oh, that’s bad! There’s four of them, and they’re going to kill him if he doesn’t join them! We’ve got to help him!” Knuckles agreed. “When the others wake up, we’ll go. And don’t worry about Ekyt, he dies hard.”

Ekyt had fought Shi’arr, who was now circling with him menacingly. “Your mistake was letting me remove my foot. It’s a lesson you must learn.” With a shirll “Kee-ya!” of effort, Shi’arr kicked forward; his leg was thwarted by Ekyt’s forearm. Undeterred, his other foot came up, twisting it’s owner gracefully through the air. The foot met it’s mark on the back of Ekyt’s head. The impact forced Ekyt to bend forward. A rising knee brought Ekyt back to his senses. He leaned back quickly, throwing his left fist out, aiming for the knee of Shi’arr. It connected, sending the echidna down temporarily.

Shi’arr’s foot was turned the wrong way. Despite that, he continued to smile. Ekyt punched again, knocking the echidna back further. “Don’t you see? Pain won’t bother me!” “Too much of anything isn’t good, you’ll crack!” Ekyt called back, amazed that Shi’arr’s three companions didn’t attack. That thought distracted him as Shi’arr’s forearm hit the side of his head. Ekyt’s elbow swung down onto the retracting forearm, breaking it. His knee met the echidna’s midsection. His surprise finally showed as his eyes narrowed when there wasn’t even a flinch on Shi’arr’s part.

“I warned you…” Shi’arr took advantage off Ekyt’s temporary distraction to land an uppercut to Ekyt’s jaw, which knocked him backward. The kick that the echidna threw knocked Ekyt down; that gave Shi’arr time to jump on top and grapple with Ekyt. Ekyt, who saw this coming, put his foot up while pulling down on his neck, flipping Shi’arr over and bending him backward in a way that made even him howl in pain.

Ekyt moved away and let Shi’arr’s friends tend to him, hoping that the show of respect would end the fight. Ada’man smiled at Ekyt (It amazed Ekyt that a friendly gesture could be done with so much intimidating force behind it) and told him that “That was an excellent move. But you won’t have such an easy time with me. I’m the one who hit your girlfriend across the head and dumped her down into the chamber below.” Ekyt all but turned red as he pushed Ada’man away and attacked with high, low, and middle kicks in rapid fire succession, displaying a sense of balance that he wasn’t sure he could pull off again. Each kick was blocked. Ada’man’s palm came flying toward Ekyt’s nose. Ekyt dodged the black-gloved hand and stepped on the echidna’s foot, pushing hard, tipping the echidna over. With a grunt of effort, Ada’man flung his leg up, hitting Ekyt in the side of the face, just above his eye. A narrow cut opened, not the worst Ekyt had ever received, but the blood running down his face was reason enough for Ekyt to try to bring his foot down onto Ada’man. He did so successfully, using the echidna’s chest as a springboard to a diving thrust kick, which earned him a right cross the jaw.

Linda had never been so angry. She now thought of the young man as more than a friend, perhaps more than a boyfriend. A Soulmate. “Soul Touch never lies Linda.” Knuckles said, as though he could guess her thoughts. “No. I hope he’s alright.” The others stirred. “Excellent. Now I’m going to rip their heads off! If Ekyt’s hurt…” “He’s fine Linda. Trust me. If anyone could hold off four punks, it’s Ekyt…”

Ada’man landed three hard kicks to Ekyt’s midsection. Ekyt blocked a fourth kick with his shin, raising it up, then kicking from that position. His kick hit home on Ada’man, his foot landing in the center of his chest. It knocked the echidna down. “We can stop this senseless fight right now.” Ekyt offered his hand to Ada’man. “I would have killed her if Gala’nata had let me…” Ekyt was enraged by the echidna’s words. He yanked the echidna up, punching three times with his left hand, once with his right, and then pulled the stunned echidna forward while kicking his legs backward. CRACK! Ekyt had thrown out the echidna’s back. Ekyt stomped on his ribs, aiming to do damage. Kee’lar stepped in. “That will do guardian. I believe you’ve made your point that Ada’man went too far. However, orders are orders, and ours are to have you join us, or die.” “I’d rather die. But your mistake is giving me options and leaving one out. My third option is to beat all of you back to where you came from.” Ekyt growled. Kee’lar smiled. Ekyt suddenly stopped. “I can’t fight you…This is senseless…and…” Ekyt’s hand grabbed the hood. “You’re a girl!” Ekyt exclaimed, seeing long, golden dreadlocks.

“Astute, guardian. Very astute to notice my gender before I intended you to. Narrow-minded, however, to think yourself different than me. Men and women alike have fallen at my feet, gender never being a consideration.” “I’ve never hit a woman, and I won’t start now.” Ekyt replied stubbornly. “Not even if I give you a good reason?” Kee’lar said teasingly. She suddenly kicked at Ekyt’s groin. Ekyt blocked her foot and stepped back. “No.” Ekyt answered, making eye contact with her. “You should be used to deadly women!” Kee’lar called as she attacked again. Ekyt blocked and dodged. “Why is that?” He managed just before a boot caught him in the stomach. “Your girlfriend put up a good fight. She gave me the scar under my bangs.” The girl pushed her hair back, showing a small scar. “That’s my Linda!” Ekyt grinned. Then stopped. “My…Linda…” His eyes took on a faraway look.

Linda and company arrived just in time to see Kee’lar rear back with her leg and kick Ekyt hard in the jaw. The blood from his lip fell in a descending arc as he hit the ground. He struggled to get up. “Kee’lar!” Linda yelled, rushing to Ekyt’s side. “Linda? Well, you picked me out, did you girl?” she said. “Yes! I haven’t seen you in so long!” Ekyt couldn’t believe it. “You two know each other?” He said in exasperation at being deprived of such knowledge. “Well, we were in school together!” Linda said, shrugging. “Yeah. We had a school-girl feud.” She looked over at Linda. “One I’m anxious to continue.” Linda smiled, barring her teeth. “Of course. Let’s get a definitive end…Katie.” Kee’lar smiled broader. “One of the few who would know my childhood name. And you landed a guardian…lil’ Linda’s growing up.” “Oh, get bent!” The two girls started to punch and kick.

Linda’s fist met Kee’lar’s jaw, causing an “umph!” sound to resound from her mouth. Kee’lar’s left foot kicked at Linda’s right shin. Linda puller her leg out of reach and deftly back-flipped away, her right elbow coming down for a strike that was blocked and turned into an arm bar that Linda squirmed out of. “You’ve gotten better sweetie!” Kee’lar taunted.

“Man, two chicks fighting…” Ada’man commented, a stupid smile on his face. “If you’re staring at my girlfriend…” “Yeah, I am. What of it?!” WHAM! Ekyt’s knee hit Ada’man’s ribs again, breaking two more of them.

The two girls’ continued their fight, all the while talking like they were best friends. Ekyt had to be restrained to stop from hitting Ada’man again. “Let it go man! Besides…aren’t you over her?” Sonic asked with a chuckle. “Of course not! Even if she doesn’t want me, I love that girl!” Ekyt yelled, his struggle stopping. “I-love her? I love her.” Ekyt said to himself, as if only realizing it himself.

Linda dove on Kee’lar, landing a series of punches. Kee’lar didn’t get up. “You win Linda.” Linda smiled and helped the echidna up. “Now we’re even.” She said. The two hugged. Ekyt squinted, something had directed the sun into his eyes. He saw it. A knife.

“Linda! Watch out!” he yelled, running over there himself.

Too late. Linda was stabbed. She moved aside, the cold steel hitting her shoulder instead of her chest. Kee’lar raised the knife again, only to find Ekyt in the way. “You’ll find I have no trouble dealing with a member of the opposite sex!” she taunted, before stabbing. Ekyt didn’t move. He stared Kee’lar in the eyes, his hand in his trench coat pocket. At the last second, he thrust something upward, something hard enough to knock the knife away.

His mask had returned.

No one moved. “I can’t let you hurt her.” Ekyt said, shaking his head. “This girl…she means a lot to me…and letting you kill her…is not something…I’m prepared to do.” Ada’man, Kee’lar, Shi’arr, and Gala’nata all attacked. Ekyt’s hand found Linda’s. “No matter what…” he said to her as they got closer, “…stay behind me…No matter what.” He emphasized. She gave his hand a squeeze.

Ekyt pulled Linda up into a fireman’s carry, jumping to a tree. He put her behind it, and yanked off a limb. “Three on one…I’ve had worse odds, and without a weapon!” He pointed the staff menacingly. He wasn’t alone. Linda, holding her wound closed, was standing next to. Sonic joined him, then Knuckles. Ekyt pushed them all slightly behind him. He had never really tried to do what he was about to attempt, it had just happened.

“Valiant to the end…and the end is now!” yelled Shi’arr. Ekyt waited, the others behind him, understanding his plan, but ready to attack if something went wrong. “CHAOS VORTEX!” he yelled. For a moment, he glowed green, red, blue, white, gray, purple, and yellow. The seven chaos emeralds, all lending him their power. Then the colors left him, except for a green glow.

The Chaos Vortex was a unique ability. Instead of a “super” form, Ekyt had this. A 30-second range where he could attack or defend, impervious to pain, and feel no reprocussions, except for exhaustion, afterward.

He did so now as punches, kicks, knives, and even a hammer hit him. Sacrificing a little bit of his power, he gave enough to Sonic to race around them while Ekyt repeated the trick he had used with Robotnik. He stuffed them all into the zone of silence.

Then it was over.

Ekyt sagged to his knees, exhausted. Sonic slowed down. Knuckles and Julie-Su looked on in amazement. “I thought it was a legend…” Julie whispered. “It was…but there was only one crazy enough to defy the legend…” They fell silent again.

Ekyt looked over at Linda. “Are you alright?” they asked in unison. “Forget me! I’ve got a little pinprick. I don’t know what you just did, but…wow…” her voice trailed off. “Your arm should be fine, if I did that right.” Ekyt told her, trying to get his breath back. “It is! Oops! C’mon, up we get tiger!” she helped the human to his feet. “Thanks…all of you…” he said.

“So, are you still going to go home?” Linda asked Ekyt, as they sat on Mt. Fate. “No. I never wanted to leave. You called my bluff. How did you know?” Ekyt asked. “The future you was some help.” Linda said mysteriously. “So…I…” Linda stopped him. “You know, I was upset the other day…now I realize how petty that was…I think I’ve been…in love with you all along…” she said, embracing him. He returned it, despite his bloody forearms. “I love you too.” He managed. Her emerald-green eyes met his, their eyes and mouths both smiling as their lips met for a kiss that neither would forget.

Despite all the blood shed, it was one of the happiest nights in Knothole and the Floating Island.

Too bad it wasn’t to last…Not if the returning Dr. Robotnik had anything to say about it…

NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE END OF THE SERIES! THERE’S MORE TO COME! THANKS FOR 150 GREAT ISSUES FAC!

-NG

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on July 30, 2007, 10:40:30 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogwow that was a long chapter that took quite some time to read.
Yes I'm begining to get updated on all your chapters now because I haven't been for some time due to recent events.
Lol, my names Katie as well ^^

alchemest1 on July 18, 2007, 2:57:47 PM

alchemest1 on
alchemest1Wow! Now that is what i call a fight! I'm glad that he finally figured out he loved her. Lol. Took him long enough. And chaos Vortex was pretty cool. Great Chapter!

nextguardian on July 2, 2007, 6:42:52 AM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThanks to all my readers!