Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Hook, Line, and Sucker

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 3 - Hook, Line, and Sucker

Chapter 3 - Hook, Line, and Sucker






Violet- Violet_Rose











Ekyt went with Rouge. He couldnt honestly say why. She led him to the chao garden. Three of them actually. He looked at her, hoping for an answer. She leaned against a wall, eyes half-lidded, filing her nails, then polishing them. Go ahead, pick a chao of your own. Are you serious? he asked. Duh, of course I am. Just go into the school to the black market. Tell them Rouge sent you, and theyll break out the good stuff.





Ekyt did, and emerged a short while later with a white Chao egg. Thank you Rouge. Let me know how I can repay you. Well, how about you and I head down to that casino. You can buy me a drink. They did.





Sonic and Knuckles watched the whole thing. I dont know Sonic, hes not stealing anything, so what harm can it do? Knuckles, you know how Rouge is. Shes usually got her sights on you, for starters. Secondly, a human? That is out of character for her. I say we keep an eye on them. But for now no action. Sonic agreed.





Rouge ambled into the casino followed by her strange escort. A few guys dropped their coins because they were concentrating on her. Ekyt spotted the same purplish hedgehog as before. Violet. That was her name. Give her whatever she wants and put it on my tab. He called to the bartender, who nodded. Rouge sat on a stool, legs crossed, leaning back as she sipped some drink that was a deep red color.





Ekyt walked over to the hedgehog. How are you Violet? he asked her. She looked up, hair falling over one eye. Kid, what is it you want? What, I cant just be friendly? he asked her. You humans are always up to something. Now youre hanging around with Rouge. I just dont get you. Seen Shadow around? he asked, already knowing the answer. No. Not any business of yours anyway. Well, um, nice talking to you. He walked back over to Rouge, who motioned for him to sit down.





Well, kid, arent we just making friends. She said. Maybe you are. He said with a snort. She shrugged. It helps to keep an air of mystery. Id imagine the girls fawn all over you. Ekyt let one, sarcastic laugh out. Nope. Not one. And you dont exactly fawn. In fact, youre one of only two females that dont treat me like I have the plague. Rouge shifted positions, meaning to attract the kids attention. His face remained stony. Geez, whats with this guy? Im giving him all the signs, and hes not responding. You scratch my back& she paused and batter her eyes seductively&and I scratch yours. She ran her pink nails down his back. She laughed inwardly as he blushed. She then ran her hand down his cheek. So what is it you need me to do? he asked. She smiled her most charming smile. Better start simple. This kid has a nose for trouble. Do you think you could do me a favor and. Help! the cry came from outside.





The purple hedgehog was surrounded by ten assailants, one trying to get her money. Ekyt strode out into the brisk night air, unfolding his telescoping staff. How about you leave that girl alone? he said. One of the robbers gave him a shove. So youre the tough guys whos been puttin down my buds. We dont take too kindly to that, do we? Tell ya what, step into my office and well talk business. He pointed to an alleyway. Ekyt went in first. The thug followed, holding a club. There was a sound like thunder, and the thug came rolling out of the alleyway in a garbage can. Out cold.





Four others rushed Ekyt. The other four turned back to Violet, who by now had out her hammer and had K.O.ed three of them, and then dispatched of the other one.





The police sirens scared the criminals. Three of the conscious ones ran for it, but Ekyt grabbed another by the shirt. No you dont scuzzbucket. He punched the guy, who flew on top of a cop car, cracking the windshield. Get outta here, Ill handle the cops. He whispered to the purple hedgehog. She nodded and went back inside.





Okay, kid, you did your job. Now get out of here before we have to arrest you. Ekyt gave him a look. Youre welcome, officer. Have another donut. He turned and left, the officer cursing at him. He joined up with Rouge inside.





Well, not an ideal first date. She said. Huh? This was a date? he asked. Lets see, boy meets girl, girl meets boy, boy buys girl a drink&you know the rest. But you did what you had to do. She gave him a bump with her hip. I like that. Id better go for the night, kiddo. Take care of that egg.











Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on August 10, 2006, 10:57:10 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogwow, this is really good, *reading on now*