Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - More than Meets the Eye

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 4 - More than Meets the Eye

Chapter 4 - More than Meets the Eye






Ekyt wandered the streets, holding the egg (See last ish.) Rouge had given him. Station Square could be a fun place, if you knew where to look. Ekyt didnt. Fun was his past. He was all business now. He heard a whoosh, and turned to meet Sonic face to face. Sonic gave him one of his classic grins.





Little late night prowling, kid? Sonic said jokingly. Yeah. Ekyt answered, putting the egg in his pocket. Sonics grin disappeared. You know Rouge is bad, right? No. Well, she is, and you oughta be careful. Ive taken care of myself for a year now. I hardly think a bat could get the drop on me. Besides, she hasnt done anything. Sonic just shook his head. Shes using you. I dont know, maybe she really is interested in you, but her track record says different. Im just saying watch your back. Ekyt nodded. Rouge and I are headed to the beach tomorrow. You and the others wanna come? To be honest, Im not a big fan of water. Sure, I hate water too. Yeah, Ill see if the others wanna come. Later kid. Sonic juiced off, leaving Ekyt alone. The night was getting darker. He decided to head toward the hotel he was staying at. (The one from Sonic Adventure ;)





He checked in. The clerk knew him. Hey Ekyt, howre things? he asked amiably. Good, Paul. Listen, can you open up the chao garden for me? You have chao? Didnt figure you for the type. Sure, sure, no trouble. He hit a button on his computer and a key popped out of a hole on the desk. Thanks. Have a nice one Paul. Take care, kid.





The chao garden at the hotel was amazing. There were three sections to it. The first section had a pool, deep for a chao anyway. There were some trees around, occasionally leaving orange coconuts for the chao to feast on. It was always pleasant here, no rain or anything. Just a place for chao to grow. There was a school for chao, too. It was kind of like paradise.





Ekyt sat with the egg throughout the night. He nodded off for a couple hours. He woke just in time to see the egg hatch. He checked his watch. It read five a.m. He stretched and leaned over to watch the egg hatch.





It cracked open, and a white chao with a blue dot above its head popped out. The dot twisted itself into a question mark, then an exclamation point as the chao realized it wasnt alone. It crawled over to Ekyt, who held out his hand. The chao climbed up it onto his shoulder. He scratched it gently on the head. Its dot twisted into a heart. Ekyt cracked a rare smile at that. He reached down and grabbed a coconut. He put the chao next to it, then handed it to the chao. The chao looked up with its eyes wide, head cocked, then began to devour the fruit. It made a satisfied sound.





Ekyt read a notice on the all and decided to name his chao Tyke. It was his name backwards, and he thought it suited the little guy. Tyke jumped up onto his coat and crawled up him, into a pocket where it went to sleep. Ekyt checked his watch again. He had to meet the gang at the beach at 9:00. His watch told him it was 8:30. He decided to head there.





When he arrived, Rouge was there. She was sitting on a blanket, reading a book. On jewels. It figured. Good morning Rouge. Good morning yourself kid. The chao popped its head out of his pocket. So the little guy hatched. Can I see him? Ekyt handed him over. Rouge petted Tyke, whos dot turned into a heart. Then he leapt back into Ekyts pocket. Hmmm. Shy. Just like his owner? Rouge said, or asked, rather. I see you didnt bother to wear a swimsuit. I dont like water. The beach aint all about water, kid. Its about scenery. What do you think of mine? She stood up, shedding her robe. Ekyt had to try real hard not to drool.





She had on a bikini, tied in the back. It was red with black ties on the top and bottom. It looked to be too small for her. Um, nice. He said. Well, this is new. Never had a girl do that for me before. Rouge tossed him a package. Go try that on. Changing rooms over there. She lowered her sunglasses at him. Id lose the coat, too.





Ekyt went into the changing room against his better judgment. He came out in a swimsuit that was black and red in color, and sunglasses that were blue tinted. Rouge was waiting for him. My, dont we look cute. Hows about coming and sitting next to me for a while? Ekyt did as he was told. Hmmm. For all the things everyone says about her, shes really nice. But someone once told me if more than one person says something, you should consider it. Maybe theres more to her than meets the eye&











NEXT ISSUE: EKYT IN TROUBLE? PLUS- THE RETURN OF VIOLET!





STAY TUNED!





Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on August 11, 2006, 7:40:44 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogwow that was great, I love the detail of the chao coming out of the egg. Great work!