Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Down and Out

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 5 - Down and Out

Chapter 5 - Down and Out






Co-Author credit to Violet_Rose





Chars:





Violet- Violet_Rose











The others arrived pretty soon. They sat near Ekyt and Rouge. Behind Ekyts back, Rouge and Knuckles made eye contact. Rouge narrowed her eyes and snuggled up to Ekyt. Knuckles laughed and tapped Sonic on the shoulder. Sonic looked and snickered. Shes really putting the moves on him? Man, shes lost it! Knuckles had to agree.





Ekyt, slightly uncomfortable, petted his chao, who was newly alert and digging in the sand. He popped back up, holding a shell and looking really proud of himself. Ekyt took the shell and patted him on the head. He handed it to Rouge silently. Rouge made a huge production.





Ekyt spotted Violet. He waved to her. She ignored him. He backed off.





Then a huge object eclipsed the sun.





Sonic, Ekyt, and Knuckles got up. It was Eggman. Oh man. You again? How many times do we have to beat your fat butt before you give? Sonic started to run, but got hit with sand in the eyes, blinding him. Ekyt jumped with a kick, but got thrown into a sand dune. Violet chuckled. Then she saw Shadow behind Eggman.





Shadow!!! She shouted. The whole beach, which had been in an uproar, stopped. Shadow, tied up behind Eggman, looked at her. Violet? Knuckles and Sonic, along with Tails above them, were distracting Eggman. Ekyt, using a sharp stone that had cut open his forehead, freed Shadow, who totally ignored him, and went to Violet.





Ekyt started to vault with his staff, but a pair of hands grabbed him. Wha? Rouge had a hold of him. Hes with me, kiddo. Come with us. Itll be fun. Rouge wanted him to go with Eggman? I cant do that Rouge. Im not into fun. Not like that. She sighed. Too bad. Guess this is goodbye, kid. She kissed him and then threw him. He spun and landed on his feet. His chao jumped in the hole he had made in the sand. Ekyt saw a question mark, then an exclamation point. The chao tossed out a chaos emerald. Ekyt caught it.





He then passed it to Sonic, who hit his super form. Between Sonic, Shadow, Tails, and Ekyt, Eggman knew it was over. He flew off in his hovercraft, with Rouge in tow, who gave Ekyt a last look. She blew him a kiss, smiling mischieviously. Then she smiled and threw the shell at him. It stuck in the sand at his feet.





Ekyt looked down, then immediately changed back into his old clothes. He scooped up his chao and started to leave, only to be stopped by the good guys. Youre definetly one of us kid. Sonic said. Yeah, that saucy bats a tough customer. Knuckles said. Tails just nodded, and Amy hugged him. They noticed him looking downcast. Whats wrong, mister? asked Cream, as Cheese and Tyke played together. First love. Gone. He shook his head and then whistled. His chao climbed into his pocket as he turned to leave Emerald Coast.





But he was stopped once more. Violet and Shadow were in the way. Thanks. For saving Shadow. Doesnt mean I trust you. Violet couldnt help but feel sorry for the kid. To a point. Shadow just grunted. I didnt need your help. Whatever. Ekyt left, still down. The whole group of them watched him leave. That poor guy& Amy said, crying just a little. Cream patted her shoulder as Cheese flew around the two of them. Sonic turned to Knuckles. Knuckles, he was pretty good with that emerald. Do you know anyone who needs a kid like him around, to help? Knuckles thought for a moment. Tikal might have an idea. Knuckles left to check with her.





Violet and Shadow stayed on the beach a little longer. Nice to have you back Shads. You too. Lets go home. Violet playfully punched him. What, is the big, bad ultimate life form tired? Cmon, take the bait Fine, well stay longer. Violet silently congratulated herself.





Ekyt walked down the alleyway, his chao noticing his problem. He crawled up and sat on his shoulder. The alleyway suited his mood. The dark corners, fire escapes, and garbage cans just seemed right. He knew that Rouge cared for him to some extent. It just wasnt enough. He went back to the hotel, into the chao garden, and laid down with his new chao friend. Tyke, his chao, was the last remaining shard of his love life.





Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on August 11, 2006, 7:46:35 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogaww poor ekyt