Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - World Weary and Jaded

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 11 - World Weary and Jaded

Chapter 11 - World Weary and Jaded






Ekyt had lost of late nights. Sasha and him seemed so right&Until fate struck again, in the form of a certain blue hedgehog.





Ekyt knew from the start Sasha had been with other guys. But her and Sonic&He guessed it made sense.





How it happened&





Ekyt and Sasha were definitely and item. For a week, he pretty much defended her. He didnt know they were all hired thugs, Sashas Angels, as she called them. But that was for the best. A good test of loyalty. Which he certainly was. This way he wouldnt suspect anything. He was pretty battered, but it helped her to make sure her latest heartthrob was hers, and hers only.





Sasha knew the ins and outs of city living. She knew which guys would react which way. But she didnt count on the two knowing each other.





At this point, while reliving it, Ekyt leaned back, his head against the wall. Another one&





Sonic had dropped by for a look around Ekyts new place. Sasha was over, and looked shocked to see him. Sonic, for his part, looked furious. Sasha? Not you again! What do you want with him, you vicious man eater? Sasha walked over to him, just like a little minx. Me? I dont need him blue boy, not with you around. Ekyt stood there, letting his head fall. This cant be happening again&What do these girls have against me? Sasha remembered he was in the room. Uh, I didnt mean that the way it sounded. Scram. What? Nobody, but nobody, tells Sasha the hedgehog to scram. You change your tune or else. Ekyt laughed, more cruel than he meant to. Or what? Youll break my heart? Been there, done that, read the book, bought the t-shirt, and hold stock. You dont like it, then scram. Then beat it. Leave. Out.





Sasha turned with a huff back to Sonic. Ready to go, blue? She said, batting her eyes for good measure. Not with you. Sasha couldnt believe this. Two guys were turning her down? Not possible. She didnt need them. She left with a huff.





Thanks Sonic. I didnt know she was double crossing me. Sonic shook his head. Well, they say ignorance is bliss. But I dont agree. Yeah. Pardon me. Ive gotta go do&something. Sonic left, understanding.





Ekyt walked out of town this time. Station Square had been pretty hard on him. All the work he had done. It was all for nothing. He wasnt an ultimate life form. He couldnt run at the speed of sound. He couldnt fly.





Chao? his little chao, Tyke, poked his head out of Ekyts coat pocket. He picked it up and managed a smile as the little creature formed a heart above its head. He patted its head. It yawned. He had a long day too. Cream had let Cheese play with him.





A flash of brilliant light blinded the stunned human for a moment. Tikal stepped out of the light, surrounded by chao. Ekyt, dont be saddened. Your destiny will soon be fulfilled. Ekyt, not even bothered, just let the questions wash over him. How Tikal? Its obvious Im not wanted here. Even my friends have used me. Okay, only Amy did that. But all this&chaos. What does it all mean? Why am I suffering? Tikal looked down at him. Come with me. She said. Wha-what? Come with me. You have not suffered. Ill show you your destiny. But I cannot give you answers. Those you must discover for yourself. A brilliant light washed over him.





He and Tikal landed at the base of the alter of the master emerald. It glowed as chao played around it. One by one, they turned into grey cocoons and disappeared. Then the emerald shattered. Time moved fast. Knuckles was now there. The shattered remains of the emerald were behind him. He looked panicked. Ekyt realized his island was falling.





Time went back again.





This time, there were lots of echidnas, all warlike. Then he was back in his own time.





Tikal looked down at the human again. She could tell his time in Station Square had made him world weary and jaded. She could not make him care. Not again. She could tell a broken heart. She had never loved either.





She kissed him on the head and disappeared.





Ekyt knelt on the ground, his head swimming with questions. But he didnt bother answering them. He just walked back toward Station Square.





What is my purpose? Whats the point? Chaos emeralds&Chao? Its confusing. He stopped as his head throbbed. He shook it off. He heard shouting. The voices were familiar. He ran toward the commotion.





What do you mean? How could you say that? Say what? I just told it like it is! Is that what you were doing? And here I thought you cared about me?! Dont put words in my mouth. How about I put my fist in your mouth? Dont threaten me! Ekyt stopped. Shadow and Violet (Violet_Rose)- arguing. Ekyt, spotting a garbage can lid, took his staff and banged it. Violet pulled out her hammer and Shadow pulled out a gun.





Easy Shadow. Care to tell me whats going on? he asked casually. No. Shadow snapped at him. Violet pushed him and walked toward Ekyt. This stupid hedgehog is insulting me! Shadow&youre insulting someone other that me? Ekyt snickered. Thats a first. Violet was kind of shook up. Shadow cocked the gun. Keep talking. Violet knocked the gun away from him. Shadow, hes trying to help! Be reasonable! Fine. I told her that sometimes it bites being an ultimate life form. Then she told me it was no picnic being her. So I said Poor you, you lost someone close to you. You heard the rest. Ekyt closed his eyes. Boy, how do I handle this one?






Ekyt, can I walk with you for a while? Violet asked. I dont want to be here when hes this angry. Is this okay with you, Shadow? he asked. Hmph. You suit yourself Violet. He skated off.

















To Be Continued&











Next Issue: Violet tells her Story











And











Ekyt- Another Blow





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment