Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - True Colors

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 13 - True Colors

Chapter 13 - True Colors






Ekyt got there just in time. Sonic, Shadow, and Knuckles were already fighting off the Metarex. Amy was bashing at one Robots leg when tried to stomp her. Ekyt floored his car over and jumped out as the car hit the robots leg, toppling it. You okay Amy? Ekyt asked her. The pink hedgehog gulped and nodded. Good. Huh? Amy wasnt sure she heard him right. I was sure he was gonna yell at me for using him&





Ekyt focused on the Robot, which was after the master emerald. Watch your back Knux! He called to the red echidna whose attention was diverted. Huh? Ekyt charged the robots leg, causing it to lose its balance. Amy took a swing, knocking the robot over. Nice one! Tails in his spaceship (Whats the name again, someone remind me!) appeared over the horizon. Sonic and Shadow were busy, and Tails and Chris were piloting the ship. Ekyt got an idea. But it was risky.





Tails, fire the Sonic power cannon! With what? Sonic and Shadow are out there! With me in it. Are you crazy? Chris shouted at him. Yes, trust me, give me five minutes to get there. Chris followed him as he ran down the hallway. This could kill you! So could the Metarex. Ekyt said quietly. Trust me. Chris stopped. Good luck. He ran back to the bridge.





Shadow and Sonic were finally being overrun. So they hit their super forms and battled back. But that big Metarex Robot kept knocking them away. Then they saw the cannon come out. Whats Tails going to fire? Sonic asked. That human. Good riddance. What?! We gotta stop them! Too late.





Ekyt, inside the cannon, heard Tails voice. Okay, take the position you want to be fired in. Are you sure you want to do this? Yes. Fire the cannon. Tails hand flipped open the switch that would fire the cannon. He hit the red button.





The power hummed all around Ekyt. He held his staff out to his side, like a spear. Heres hoping this works. The cannon fired. Ekyt sailed through the air, his coat acting as a parachute as he hit the robot with his shoulder. It started to go over. Ekyt took his staff and put it right in the Metarexs eyes. Then he jumped. Oops. I cant fly or glide&And theres nothing to grab! Shadow saw this, and made a difficult decision. I hate humans&But this one helped Violet&Ahhhh! CHAOS CONTROL! He warped time and set the kid down gently. I owe you Shadow. Rain check, kid. For now we better run for it! The robot started to explode. Shadow grabbed Violet (Violet_Rose). Sonic was unconscious, but out of Danger. Knuckled had taken cover. That left Amy Rose. Ekyt sighed. Man, she dumps me, and now Im saving her. Sometimes being a good guy sucks. He ran towards her, and grabbed her. Close your eyes and cover your ears! he told her. She did. He ran full speed as the others watched. No way he could make it in time. He put Amy behind a sturdy rock and kept running. The rock could only hold one. He needed cover. Too late.





The robot blew apart. Tikal, seeing that the kid was to be crushed, grabbed him into her mysterious light. He disappered.





Nobody else saw this. Oh My God! I killed him! Amy started to sob. Sonic, just waking up tried to comfort her. NO! ITS MY FAULT! I PLAYED WITH HIS HEART, AND NOW HES DEAD! Sonic didnt know what to say.





Violet (Violet_Rose) was in shock too. One good human and he dies! Everything gets destroyed, everyone gets killed. She and Shadow left the scene quietly. Knuckled was furious and started bashing the ground where the robot had been. His fist hit something hard and he dug it out. Ekyts staff. It had snapped in half when the robot had landed. He gave the broken half to Amy. Amy stared at it. Quietly she took out her hammer and took it apart. She put his staff in the handle as a memorial.





Ekyt shook his head, trying to clear the cobwebs. He stood up, in front of ancient Angel Island. How did I get here? he said to no one in particular. He was shocked to get an answer. Im responsible for that Ekyt. Tikal stood before him. Tikal? Whyd you help me? Ive done nothing to deserve it. Havent you? Youve helped people Ekyt. The same as I tried to do. But you had some success. She stared into his eyes. But you dont think so, do you. No, you think it was all in vain. And your past& She looked into his eyes again, and saw a solitary tear. It haunts you doesnt it? Understand, you are not the only one with a hard past. I have showed you mine. I wish I could do more. Wait, Tikal! I know you cant tell me what my destiny is, but please, show me another clue. Tikal stopped. That is foremost on your mind. You have nearly died, and it doesnt faze you? Ekyt suddenly felt very bitter.





Why should it? I havent exactly made friends. Maybe my attempts to help people is a cry for attention. Aside from my parents, and maybe a couple others, I have no one. You think no one cares for you?





Tikal bowed her head. Look into my headband. You will see the truth. Ekyt did. He saw Shadow slowing his descent. He saw Tikal rescuing him. He saw Amy crying&Amy? Ekyt watched silently as she put his staff inside her hammers handle, then continued to sob. He couldnt watch anymore.





Thank you Tikal. He said, suddenly all business. How do you thank someone for saving your life? He hugged her. It was awkward. How do I get back? he asked after the weird embrace. Before I send you back, you wanted another clue. Look in your pocket. His chao, Tyke, was shaking. He scooped him up and tried to comfort the creature. It has something to do with chao. Thank you. Go to the master emerald and think of your own time. Thank you again. If you ever need me Tikal, let me know. She smiled. I will. You be careful. No more than usual. He said with a grin.





He got to the emerald and thought of his own time.





He landed hard on the master emeralds altar. He saw Knuckles staring. Sorry. Wrong address. It cant be. We watched you get killed! I dont die easy Knuckles. Ive gotta go tell the others. Wait, what happened. Tikal saved me. Tikal? But she only helps guardians! She was telling me about my destiny and that it had something to do with chao&Wait, are you telling me that& I guess so. Congratulations. I guess you and I guard the emerald now. Yeah. Thank you. Count this as my first coffee break. He ran off to Chris Thorndykes house, only to be informed by a teary Ella (the maid) that someone had died. She directed him to the cemetery.





The whole group stood silent. Amy held the handle of her hammer. It was my fault. They didnt even see him come up. He had a sledgehammer. They noticed when his gravestone exploded. The whole group gasped as a grim-looking Ekyt stood there. A ghost! Tails shouted. Not quite. Im very much alive. Amy ran back to Chris house. Ekyt explained the story to them. Then he had to find Amy.





He found her in her room. Cream was trying to figure out what was wrong because all the sounds Amy made were incoherent. She saw Ekyt and fell off the bed. Cheese got a little spiral above his head. Ekyt helped Cream up. Im alive Cream. Its okay. Here, hold Tyke. Ekyt handed his white baby chao to Cream, who stroked him and Cheese absently.





Amy, its okay. Im alive. Wha-what? I watched you die. It was all my fault. If I hadnt broken your heart. Amy, really, Im fine. No, its my fault. Youre dead. Im dreaming. Im alive. No youre not! I watched you die. They buried you in the cemetery. Youre dead! Dead! DEAD! Ekyt kissed her, then hugged her. He looked into her tear-filled green eyes. Im okay. He said firmly. She buried her head in his chest and cried. He stroked her gently. Then he got up to leave.





Mr. Ekyt? Cream asked timidly. Yes Cream? Amy asked me to give this to you. She was going to bury it. Thanks Cream. Would you mind watching Tyke for me? Ive got to sort out my life. Not at all.





Ekyt read the note. He was shocked. It was an apology, but more than that.





Apparently, Amy had a new crush.











Next Issue:











Sorry, SonAmy fans, Make way for EkytXAmy!





But whos with Sonic?





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment