Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Matchmaker, Matchmaker

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 15 - Matchmaker, Matchmaker

Chapter 15 - Matchmaker, Matchmaker






It was clear to Ekyt from the start that he had to get Sonic and Amy back together. He liked Amy, maybe even loved her. But Sonic was a hero, and if he was down on himself, the whole city would be down. It was a hard choice for Ekyt. It was gonna tear his heart out. But he was used to it.





Fortunately, he was spared the agony of explaining it. Things were back to normal, with Sonic kind of liking Amy, and Amy being her naturally clingy self. Ekyt watched the two leave. His heart wasnt broken this time. But that stung. Dumped twice by the same girl. Oh well.





He heard the flutter of wings behind him. His chao, Tyke, poked his head out of his pocket and made a heart. Rouge stood behind him on the roof. He got up, but she sat him back down as she sat next to him. Miss me? She asked. Ekyt started to lie, but Rouge saw right through it. Yeah, you did. I broke your heart, huh? Poor guy& She kissed him. He blushed, partly with pleasure, partly with embarrassment. Mostly with shame, though. Whyd you come back? I know how you work. Shouldnt you find another host? Im not going to join Eggman. Rouge looked mildly surprised. Hmmm. Thats a shame. You and I are so right. You like how I look, I know you do. Its practically a digital mantra running across your forehead. You liked that kiss. You want more of those, dont you? You want me. She paused dramatically, letting the kid fill his head up with notions. Join us, me and Eggman. You can neutralize Shadow, and thats not something everyone can do. She pushed her shoulders back, then leaned closer to him, breathing in his ear. Come with me. You know you want it. You dont want to make me sad, do you?





I like her. Love her? I dont know. Do I love her enough to join my sworn enemy? It seems wrong, but we seem so right. Rouge, why dont you join me? Rouge looked up, stunned. He wasnt supposed to say that! Maybe I do really like him&But all those jewels&hmmm. Tough choice& What could you offer me, kid? No, never mind. She got up and extended a gloved hand to him. Come with me. Forget Eggman. You and I can handle this stuff without him. Youve got good friends, and I dont. I know you wont turn on me. Ekyt nodded. Works for me. I did miss you. Wait, you didnt take that seriously did you? Ekyt swallowed hard. Not again. Two girls in one day! Thats a real hit to the old ego. Yeah, I did. Why dont you just go. Im not joining you and your evil cohorts. Rouge slapped him across the face. Hit me. Go ahead. Im a big girl. I can take it. Stop! the voice belonged to Tikal.





Ekyt, your destiny lies with the chaos emeralds. If she cant handle that, shes not your soulmate. Ekyt was stunned. Rouge tried to jump Tikal, but Ekyt tackled her. She flew off cursing.





I will need your services soon. Take care. Do not despair. You will find love someday. She disappeared. The breeze left his trench coat flapping in the wind.





He sat down on the roof. Broken. Lost. Alone. Alone. Thats a scary word. Sonic and Amy, Tails and Cream, Shadow and Violet(Violet_Rose)&Then theres me. Well, Ive learned my lesson. Trust no one. As Sonic says, trust your feelings, live and learn. Well, Ive learned not to let my feelings control me. Im done with the dating game.





Ekyt could feel himself darken, but it didnt matter. Not anymore. He had only himself to please. He would continue to fight crime. But alone.





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment