Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 16 - Innocence of Old

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 16 - Innocence of Old

Chapter 16 - Innocence of Old






Ekyts new attitude was different. He had set out to help people, to do good. That hadnt changed. But he had.





Gone was the red shirt, replaced with a white shirt that reminded him of his failures. He exchanged his white and red shoes for plain black shoes. New gloves, black, fingerless gloves, covered his hands. A chain decorated the waist of his trenchcoat. Finally, he held the mask in his hands. Am I really going to do this? He thought to himself. Of course he was. Who was going to justify his actions but him? The mask itself was black in color. But there were violent, deep red slashes around the eyes. The mask had no real significance. But he was hiding from himself. His past. The past was over. The future was now. He put the mask on his head. It was a good fit. Now to get to work& He walked through town, ignoring the looks he got from the other people. It didnt matter to him. Not anymore. He walked by Amy and totally ignored her. She dropped the bag she was carrying and watched him walk away. What got into him? Id better tell the others. She ran off to the Thorndyke mansion.





Okay, calm down Amy. Tell us again. What happened? She was practically hyperventilating. H-he must have gotten hurt. He had on a mask, different shirt, and he totally ignored me! Imagine that! said Sonic sarcastically. For once, Amy ignored him. Chris offered his opinion. Maybe Shadow broke his jaw in that fight. No, I was with him. He was fine. Amy said, shaking her head. Tails was dead-on. From what I know about psychology, Id say hes failed to come to terms with his failures. With women, against Shadow. All his efforts have been for nothing. He doesnt think hes made a difference!





But why the mask? asked Cream. Chao Chao! agreed Cheese. Then Cream remembered she had his chao. Sonic said hed take him back. He raced to the warehouse. Ekyt stood in a dimly lit corner of a big empty room on the fifth floor. He stared out the window. He sensed someone in the room.





He turned, head inclined slightly. Yes? he rasped. His normal voice was gone too. His gloved hands were dripping with blood. The blood came from a gash across his chest. Uh, kid, you okay? No. What can I do for you? Sonic was a little wary of him, but handed him the little white chao. Just bringing this back buddy. See ya later, okay? Whatever. You can come and go as you please. Ekyt held the chao, stroking it gently.





This little chao is like me. Alone&He cant be with his family. Id be putting mine in danger, and he doesnt know who his parents are. I guess Id better make him feel at home. Ekyt took of the mask briefly, shaking his hair back into position. He brought the little chao to the fourth floor, where there was a makeshift garden. Tails, Chris, and Knuckles had made it for him. Back when he made the mistake of trusting someone.





The little chao decided to swim. Once he was done, Ekyt handed him a fruit from one of the trees. The little chao ate it greedily, bring a small grin to Ekyts face. Then a crash came outside. Stay here. Ekyt told the little chao. He slipped the mask back on and went outside.





He found Shadow outside, with Violet (Violet_Rose). Whats with you? Shadow asked, snickering. You okay? Violet asked, less coldly than before. Dandy. He rasped. Can I help you? Shadow and Violet both looked on, surprised. Um, can we come in? If you like. He stepped aside to let them pass.





He lived on the fifth floor and roof of the large building. The first floor served as a garage and workshop of sorts. The second floor contained an office, along with a library of sorts. Books on World War II, video games, a Bible, and some other assorted material were in the makeshift shelves. The third floor was a gym, littered with equipment.





The fourth floor was the chao garden. Violet was amazed that Ekyt could maintain this place. Finally they reached the fifth floor.





This was the weirdest of all. The walls were white, and somewhat cluttered on one side of the room, where there was a target, a collection of knives, swords, staffs, and other weapons. Another side of the room contained a bed. One wall was empty, and the other one held some pictures. Pictures of some people that Shadow knew, others he didnt. There were four stools that stood in front of the bar near the window. Ekyt gestured silently to them. He himself stood by the window.





What happened to you? asked Violet, concerned. The creepy mask of his&it was eerie. Ekyt, who had his head down, raised it. What happened? Ask Rouge, Roxy (Violet_Rose), Amy, Sasha (Texas_Luver), ask yourself Violet. Years of feeling alone unhinge a man. Ive thrown away my past. Very few strands hold it in place. The most vital ties. However, most have been severed. Loneliness is a powerful conductor for change. He stopped. Isnt that right, Shadow? Its amazing what stress can do to a person, isnt it? Ive just decided to give up trust. Trusting is a dangerous precedent. Im not saying that its wrong for you, but it doesnt make sense to me. Not much does. I dont need it too.





Violet could sense that he was unhappy with himself. That he felt boxed in. She knew that feeling as well as anyone. She and Shadow left. Left him alone with his thoughts and his new attitude. His heart was gone, so it couldnt be broken again.





Then another crash outside forced Ekyt out of his thoughts. He saw Rouge the bat falling from above, with Eggman laughing maniacally. He dove to catch her.





WILL HE CATCH HER? AND WHATS WITH THIS GUY? FIND OUT NEXT TIME!





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment