Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - A Historic Meeting

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 18 - A Historic Meeting

Chapter 18 - A Historic Meeting






The mask covered his face, except his mouth. That was what the criminal saw. Before he saw black. Ekyt cold-cocked him in the face. The police could finish up. Then the guy got up and cracked Ekyt over the head with a garbage can lid. It drew blood, but didnt faze Ekyt. The gut practically ate the lid.





Ekyt felt his head and immediately got enraged when he felt the blood. He left it alone. Open wounds werent something to play with. He just jogged back home.





Rouge lay awake. She couldnt help but think about how the kid had cared for her. She had dumped him. Twice. But he came trotting back like a loyal dog. They were so much alike. But her heart belonged to Knuckles. The kid knew it, and accepted it. She decided to leave.





Ekyt watched her fly away. He wasnt even sad. He just opened the door and walked in. Dried blood decorated his head and gloves. His shirt too. His coat was untouched somehow. Oh well. No big deal. Not anymore.





He didnt care anymore.





Sonic saw Rouge fly away and knew that he had been right. She had done it again. Hopefully Ekyt had heard him.





He found Ekyt training. That was what he did. Sonic felt bad for him. Ekyt felt bad for himself, but was determined not to show it. He responded with sarcasm. It wasnt that he wasnt desirable, he had plenty of girlfriends. None human. But he liked it that way, he guessed. But his girlfriends all played him. Angry, he slammed his fist into the wall.





This was the scene Sonic walked in to. He saw the blood on his shirt and his hand. Ekyt balled his hand into a fist again. His chao, who had been training with him, got a little exclamation point over its head. Ekyt turned to Sonic. Take him with you. Ask Cream if shell watch him. He shouldnt be around me. Im a danger to everyone. Sonic walked a little closer. No way! You done nothing but good! I dont care. Im not in it for credit Sonic. Its just the right thing to do. But its cost me a lot. My health. Any relationships. Maybe even my sanity. Oh, cmon, youre not insane, and youve havent met the right girl yet. I dont think there is one, Sonic. I mean, Ive tried, but they all just use me. Not all girls are like that. Sonic said. Ekyt cracked a small smile. Amy? No, shes just nuts. Loyal, but clingy. And nuts. Well, whatever. Its not my problem anymore. Im not going to be tempted by the outside world. Not anymore. Anyway, Ive gotta go. Ekyt left, with Sonic shaking his head.





Oh his way to the casino Ekyt thought about what he had said. Did I really mean that? I mean, I know theres probably a girl for me out there, but how much can I take? You can only have your heart broken so many times&Ill ask Ray.





Ray was the bartender that night. It was either him or that new guy Harry. What a jerk. That guy was a piece of work. You couldnt tip him enough. Ray, however, had taken a liking to the disturbed seventeen year old and helped him when he could.





Kid, ya gotta pull yourself back up. Youll meet the right chick. Youre a good kid. I hate to see ya like this. He said in his thick Brooklyn accent. Ya gotta get back in the ring. Ya gotta&Huh? He heard a radio bulletin.





The announcer said In a bizarre situation, two hedgehogs have freed an echidna from jail. The girl, known as Linda-Su, was part of what was supposed to be a near-extinct race of animal. More details to follow. Ekyts eyes widened. A girl echidna? Ray smiled at the kid. I told ya, kid. You like your echidnas, right? Why dont ya go meet this chick? Ekyt handed him some bills and downed his coke. I might just do that, Ray. I have a feeling I know who busted her out&





Shadow and Violet (Violet_Rose) hid the echidna girl. Ekyt dropped behind them. Everyone okay? he asked. His eyes nearly popped out of his mask when he saw the echidna.





She was a deep pink color, with black tips on bangs and dreadlocks. He wore a black vest and jeans. She looked like she could hold her own. Violet smiled. Exactly the reaction she was counting on.











Earlier:











I know Shadow, I know. He did help us. I dont like humans any more than you, but weve gotta help him out. I dont care. Let him rot. Hes gonna snap. Youve been there Shadow. Let him snap, then. Violet threw her hands up, frustrated. She was willing to overlook the fact that the guy was human. For now. He had helped her get Shadow back, so this would make things even. Fine Shadow. Ill get her myself.











Back to the present:





Violet laughed silently at Ekyts reaction. The girl stood up and looked him over. For her part, Linda-Su didnt know what to think. She had no beef with humans. But that mask&weird.





Ekyt had offered his hand to her, but she declined the help. Shadow and Violet had split, leaving the two alone. Im Ekyt. He managed to stutter. Linda-Su. Nice to meet you. You too. A cop car whizzed by. Lets get to my place for now. He said. She agreed. They ran side by side through the brisk night air.











Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment