Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - The Exchange

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 19 - The Exchange

Chapter 19 - The Exchange






Co-Author credit to Violet Rose, with a special thanks to Mr Gimp for letting me use Blain











Linda and Ekyt crept along the building, into his warehouse. He shut the door and locked. Make yourself at home. He said to her. She nodded, then stared at him. He ran his hand over his face. Ooops, Im sorry. He took off the mask. Sorry, I forgot I had the thing on. Can I get you something? he said pleasantly.





Linda looked at him skeptically before saying Just water. He got her a glass of water, then sat down. She had questions for him. But he blurted his out first. If you dont mind my asking, what were you in jail for? Then he shook his head. Oh boy. Bad question. No, its okay, really. Linda was eager to share her story with someone. She put down the glass. Before she started, she looked him in the eyes. My story is&weird. He gave her a half-smirk, saying Sos mine. Shoot.





She sighed heavily and began, eyes closed.











Flashback:











Linda remembered herself, strapped to the table. Monitors, needles, poking her, drawing blood, taking her blood pressure. The government decided to reverse-engineer one of these animals. Linda was the lucky one.





Linda remembered cringing with pain as they stuck a long needle into her stomach. They basically tortured her. The poked her all over, testing her. Finally, she slapped one doctor and fought off a whole entourage of nurses.





She ran for it, but someone wearing a torn leather jacket stopped her. She didnt hesitate to punch him, and keep running. Her foot got caught on his jacket though. It tore out a large gang insignia. It was a Hornet.





End Flashback











She expected Ekyt to recoil in horror, at the very least. He didnt. He stood up and walked to the window. Ive had anxiety for ten years. I couldnt go to school. I couldnt travel. I was shunned. He turned. But now Im here. And I& He found himself telling her everything. Her eyes widened. My God. I cant believe this. Her thoughts raced as he told his story. He stopped and perked up. Linda heard it too.





Shadow and Violet (Violet_Rose) were arguing. I told you this was a bad idea! he shouted at Violet. Save it! For an Ultimate Life Form you sure can be a wuss! Ekyt pulled on his mask and dove out the window onto the fire escape. A group of Hornets (A gang in Station Square- N.G.) had the two cornered. And they were arguing. Ekyt thought to himself I really should start charging a fee for this. He dove down, in front.





Pack it in chumps. He snarled at them. He clenched his fist in front of him. The Hornets started to whisper to each other. You know who I am, you morons! Ekyt said, lifting the mask. They rushed. Ekyt, getting to relieve some stress at at last, floored one after another. He turned to Shadow and Violet. Get outta here! Shadow skated off, leaving Violet.





But two hedgehogs put an end to that problem. Sonic raced up, scooped Violet up, and ran up the building. Not that she couldnt handle herself, but Sonic wanted to make sure she was alright.





The other hedgehog was Shadows son. Blain (Mr_Gimp) was an ultimate life form, like his father (See Mr_Gimps stuff for history on this, read it anyway, hilarious!- N.G.). But unlike his father, Blain took a liking to Ekyt. Ekyt was older per say. Blain had the appearance of about 12 years old (Check Mr_Gimps pics to see Blain) even though he was older. He ran off the last of the hornets. Good to see you again Blain. Ekyt said. Yeah, see ya! Whoa! Whos the chick? Blain asked. Ekyt shook his head, laughing. Blain, this is Linda. Linda, this is Blain. Shadows son sort of. Blain looked her up and down before whispering to his buddy I give her an eight! The he zoomed off, laughing. Ekyt walked Linda back to his place.





Meanwhile, Violet and Sonic were talking. Violet usually couldnt stand Sonic, but he seemed&charming&yeah, that was it. Charming today. Maybe because he gave her respect that she didnt always get from Shadow. Well, something was different. They talked for quite some time.





Thanks for the help, Sonic. She said. Anytime Violet. He checked his watch. Well, I gotta juice. Gnight. Good night Sonic. Violet thought about Sonic for a while before she decided to head home. Wait, she couldnt go there. Shadow was there. She went to the hotel in Station Square. She met Linda and Ekyt as they were walking in. &Real good place, Paul will take care of you&Oh, hi Violet. Ekyt walked up to the counter. Paul, these two girls need your two best rooms. Its on me, dont let them pay. Paul winked at him.





Paul was like a younger, more conservative Ray (the bartender). Instead of wearing Rays T-shirt, he wore suits. Ekyt had lived in the hotel for a while, before he decided to go to the warehouse. Paul didnt know what it was like to fail with women. So he advised Ekyt. Ekyt decided not to listen, though. He couldnt honestly say why.





Two of the phillies now kid? Paul taunted with a chuckle. Yeah right. Just friends. Howd things go with that bat? Dont ask. Another classic Ekyt foul-up? he laughed. Call it what you like, wiseguy. Youll be pretty uncomfortable with that stupid bell on the desk up your nose. Comprende? Yeah, I hear ya kid. Two rooms. Violet and Linda each grabbed an arm and pulled him back. What are you doing? they scolded in unison. Relax, Im just paying for the hotel rooms. Ive caused you both some trouble. I may be different. But sometimes thats a good thing. Anyone need anything. Linda was game to hit the casino. Violet decided to call it a night. Maybe shed give Sonic a call&





Ray watched the kid walk in. He dropped the glass he had been cleaning. Whered he get an echidna? he wondered out loud. He stopped wondering, though. That kid was like a miraculous country store, anything you couldnt find he could somehow get. Ekyt got up to the counter, the mask in his pocket. Ray, this is Linda. Linda, this is Ray. Nice to meet you. Linda said. Same here. Whatll it be? he asked. The guys first date with a girl who isnt a criminal&Go figure. Attaboy!





Linda looked at Ekyt. Ekyt said Coke and Linda said shed have one too. Ekyt had his head turned away. But when he turned back toward her, she noticed the gash just below his eye. And how could she have missed the limp? What the heck? Ekyt, youve gotta get that thing on your leg closed up! Ekyt looked at his leg and shrugged. I didnt notice. To be honest, this happens a lot. She dragged him toward the mens bathroom. There was also a shower in there (From Sonic Adventure DX- N.G.) Get yourself cleaned up! Ekyt did as he was told, though he couldnt honestly say why.





Linda went back to Ray. You got the kid trained good. Ray said with a smile. She smiled back, tired. Yeah. Listen, youre not gonna play him, are you? She sat up. What? No, Im not insulting you. Its just&Wait, he didnt tell you? No, what? Ray sighed and ran a hand through his graying hair. Okay, I probably shouldnt be the one to tell you this, but all his girlfriends before have used him. Rouge and Roxy (Violet_Rose) to get emeralds. Amy Rose to get Sonic. And even Sasha, my star singer, to get to Sonic. Im just worried about his mental health. Linda nodded. I understand. No, Im not going to play. But Im not his girlfriend either. I just met the guy. Ray looked at her seriously. The last time that guy did what he was told, he had a gun to his back. You just told him nicely to go get cleaned up and thats what he did. Think about that. Linda did.





Ekyt let the water run over him. It stung when it hit his cuts at first, but it went away. He got to thinking about the incredible echidna he had just met. Shes beautiful. And she doesnt think Im nuts! Awesome. But Ill screw it up, I always do& He dried himself off and threw his clothes back on, his shirt tied around his leg. He closed his coat up and walked back to the bar.





Hi, Sonic? Violet said into the phone. Violet, hi! Sonics voice answered. You have a minute? Violet asked. For you? Sure! They started to talk at midnight. At three A.M. they still werent done.





At three A.M. Linda was finally tired. Ekyt was too, so he walked her back to the hotel. You gonna be all right? he asked her. Yeah. Will I see you again? she asked, already knowing. Yeah. Ill drop by whenever you want. How bout tomorrow? Sure.





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment