Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - Not Alone

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 20 - Not Alone

Chapter 20 - Not Alone






What are you waiting for, doctor? Ekyt asked calmly. Eggman stroked his beard. This was part of Ekyts desperate plan to outwit Eggman. If it didnt work&well, he was dead. Let me get this straight& Eggman began, pointing at Ekyt You want to die? Thats not what I said. Besides, you dont seem to have given me much choice in the matter. Besides, wholl miss me? Ekyt let his hands drop. He didnt want to die, but he didnt want to go back to Station Square either. There was nothing there for him.





No. Im not going to kill you. Im going to make you suffer. Eggman laughed. Ekyt shut him up by saying Oh, youll send me back? Eggman growled and had his guards grab Ekyt. Ekyt didnt struggle, figuring he needed the energy. But all at once, it left him. Does it matter what I think? I cant go back to my family, not with so many criminals wanting to kill me. But Station Square isnt all that great either. Im tired of the animosity. Tired of the fighting. Tired of being alone. Tired of playing the unsung hero. It took a hit from Eggman to snap him out of it. Ekyt pushed the guards roughly away.





Thats it, whopper! Youre goin down! Ekyt smashed Eggmans hovercrafts windshield. Glass cut Eggman as he yelled for help. Ekyt turned to the guards and mangled them. His mind was racing, but his body was in the lead. He told himself to get off the ship, but he was bent on doing as much damage as possible. Finally he was cornered as a tired smile reached his face. So you think youve won, fat boy? Your ship is in ruins, and the only thing you have to show for it is me. Must make you feel big, knowing it took a fleet of your robots to take me down. The others would have mangled you.





Eggman cackled again, saying Were very much alike, kid. Both outcasts. No family. And I can see youre intelligent, and even in prime physical condition. Why not join me? Ill make it worth your while. Ekyt responded by smashing a window nearby. Thats going to be you if you dont back off! Ekyt looked out the window. He saw a high building coming up. He guessed they would reach it in thirty seconds. Ekyt made his move.





He dashed forward (30)& Smashed a robot (15)&Ran for the deck of the Egg Carrier (5) and leapt (0). Eggman was cursing as Ekyt fell toward the buildings top. He landed and waved, just to rub it in. Then he sagged, all energy gone. He realized he was on the Thorndyke roof and soon others were crowded around him. You okay boss? asked Sonic. Mister, that was a nasty fall! exclaimed Cream. Man, thats rough. Said Chris. Tails called out Are you okay? Theres no way you should have survived that. Shadow ignored him. Violet (Violet_Rose) asked if he was hurt. But where was Linda? When he asked this, everyone looked away. Finally, Cream spoke up. Um, Mister Ekyt? She got hurt really bad. She fell on leg awkwardly during the chaos control. Ekyt sat upright. Where is she? he asked. Youre not going anywhere! Amy exclaimed. You just fell off that flying ship! I dont care! Where is she? He got to his feet, but was grabbed by Rouge, Amy, Violet, and Shadow all at once. He was too tired to fight. Take me to her, and Ill rest. I promise. They showed him her room. Sonic pulled him aside and said Youve got it bad for her, dont you. Ekyt nodded, then got the big problem off his chest. Sonic, I want to apologize to you. Ive been a total jerk to you, and youve done nothing to deserve it. Im going to reserve my anger for those who do deserve it. Sonic patted him on the shoulder. Hey, no problem. You just get that whole love thing straightened out.





Ekyt walked into Lindas room. She had her leg bandaged and propped up. Hey. He said softly. She smiled. Hey, come on in! she noticed he was battered and bruised. And bleeding. Shadow do that? she asked. No. I took out half of Eggmans ship before I jumped off. But I think I broke my hand. No big deal. Are you okay? getting better. Sit here for a minute. She patted the bed. He sat down gingerly, flinching as she wrapped her arm around his waist. That was really brave of you. Not really. It was the only option. Bravery comes from within. You could have gone with us. But you chose to make sure all of us got away safe. Yeah, and I did a heck of a job. He said, pointing at her leg. That was a freak accident. No matter. She motioned for him to move closer. She lifted his mask up and kissed him on the lips.





His first kiss that felt right. It ended to soon, of course, he guessed all good kisses did. Linda spoke up softly while tickling his chin. You know, I think you should stay here. I need someone to protect me. She said jokingly. If thats what you want. He said. She stopped. You know, youve really gotta stick up for yourself. Dont let those stupid girls who messed with you ruin your life. I dont really need a slave. I can handle myself. Ekyt ran his hand through his hair, before finally saying: Its not just them. Ive always been shy like this. And I really think you should know something. Im like the kiss of death. Everyone I fall in love with gets hurt, or I get hurt. Lots of people hate me out there Linda. Ive put lots of criminals in jail, and once they get out, theyre gonna gun for me. My question is this: Are you sure you want to put yourself at risk by being with me? If I were you, Id tell me to go away. Id understand. She got up, leaning on his walking stick.





Do you know what you just said? You admitted youre human. I thought I was dating a robot. Besides... she said, turning around to grab him by the collar for a quick kiss& Theres no turning back now. I think Ill take my chances with the kiss of death, provided hell stay with me, at least until I recover. She gave him a sideways look, laughing silently as his head and neck turned red. I can take care of myself, but it would help me a lot if I had someone like you around. He smiled at her, another rare gesture for him. It thats what you want, Ill talk to Chris about staying until you heal. He left, not believing that this beautiful girl was in love with him. He found Tails waiting for him.





Ekyt could tell the kid fox was troubled. Whats the matter Tails? he asked. Ekyt, I need your advice. He said. Ekyts eyes widened. About what? he asked, seriously. Girls.











TO BE CONTINUED IN NEXT GUARDIAN: SONIC X STYLES FIRST EVER SPECIAL;











TAILS LOVE TROUBLE





AND





VIOLET AND SONIC? NO WAY!













































































Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment