Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Brawl For All

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 22 - Brawl For All

Chapter 22 - Brawl For All






While that fight was going on, Linda was telling Ekyt the good news about the chao. Well, it was good to her. Even behind the mask, she could tell he blamed himself. She was about to tell him to take it easy, but a flash swallowed them both.





Tails and Chris heard the fight. Heck, even Rouge and Knuckles, who were fighting to begin with, heard the fight. Four hedgehogs were brawling on the Emerald Coast. At one point, Amys hammer nailed Rouge in the face while Chris got a taste of Violets (Violet_Rose). Knuckles and Tails dragged the fighting hedgehogs apart. What the heck happened? asked Tails. That fake hedgehog started to steal my girl! Sonic snarled, pointing accusingly at Shadow. Yeah Right! She was mine before she was yours! Violet, who was flattered by the attention, was still pretty angry. Rouge was now being restrained by Knuckles, while Amy taunted Rouge. Come on, man eater! She yelled to Rouge. You bet I will! Rouge yelled. Let go! Take it easy! Hey! she threw an elbow at Knuckles, then charged. This is hopeless! Chris shouted over the sounds of the angry animals. Wheres that Ekyt kid?





That was what Ekyt was wondering. He and Linda landed in a lush green paradise, with tall Aztec-looking buildings. Linda seemed almost in a trance, like she knew something he didnt. They had landed in a heap, Ekyt catching the worst of the fall. But she had gotten up, and was talking to- another echidna? As he struggled to his feet, Ekyt knew what was going on. Only Tikal could be responsible for this. Linda, weve gotta find Tikal. He said. Who? Wait, that sounds familiar&But why? Probably because youre related, but separated by a span of a few generations. Ekyt said, running his hand over some carvings. This is ancient Angel Island (My personal name for the floating island, its got to many names!) Ekyt and Linda! Tikal had found them.





Chris, Tails, and Knuckles stood between the fighting friends. Now break it up! Tails shouted. Not until we settle this! Shadow shot back. Fine by me. The group all agreed. Now, we get who thinks is with&! Gah this is confusing! Amy and Violet continued their silent battle, while Sonic and Shadow continued trading insults. Okay, everyone go their separate ways! At least until we can find someone to sort this out!





&So you see, the chao are without a guardian in your time, and I have sensed one of you has the calling. Tikal explained. So now we must perform a test to see who is the one who will guard the chao. Tikal held a small, timid chao in the palm of her hand. She set it down between the three of them. A question mark appeared above its tiny head. It crawled toward&Linda! Ekyt kind of thought it would have been him, but then remembered how his chao had been acting toward him. Linda scooped the chao up. Ekyt hugged her and congratulated her. Then he suddenly thought of something.





Tikal, why did my chao dislike me all of a sudden? he asked, suddenly wanting an answer. Do you have the chao? she asked. Linda handed the chao over to her. Hmm, I see. She said after holding the chao. It appears this chao was bred for evil. Ekyt looked shocked. He was shocked. I never&I mean& You know I wouldnt! he sputtered. Tikal smiled. No, not you. Someone who held the chao put this& she held up what looked like a microscopic radio &on her. Someone evil. It is not either of you. Tikal started to continue when Ekyt did something totally unexpected.





Ekyt knelt before Tikal. Take heart human, you will find your place. Ekyt didnt nod, or even respond. It took him a few seconds. Thank you for your kindness Tikal. Ill never forget it. Ekyt said. Why do you sound&final? Sad, perhaps? Tikal asked him. Ekyt took a deep breath, looking at the two stunned echidnas. Its like I told Linda. I am the kiss of death. I am going to find a way to not hurt people. Not anymore. Its just not in my nature. He ran a hand through his hair. Tikal, what do you know about humans? he asked. My information is limited, Tikal admitted. He nodded. I am seventeen years old. Humans, as they age, change. My hair is gray. To humans, this doesnt typically happen until middle life, or about 50 years of age. He let his head drop, the sun showing some stubble on his normally clean-shaven face. I set out to do good. But I cant. People shun me. Even chao shun me. Only certain animals seem to accept me. But they wind up hurt& He risked a look at Linda, who still had a stunned expression on her fifteen year old face. So, whatever life has in store for me, it can be done alone, right? I know its not like you to lie Tikal, so tell me the truth. Am I meant to be alone. No. she said simply. No? Who would risk death for me? A human, of all things? Tikal smiled, eyes closed. You need not look far. I told you your soulmate would arrive soon. And she has. My great-great-great (Add about thirty more greats- N.G.) granddaughter. Linda.





Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment