Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 36 - Call of Duty

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 36 - Call of Duty

Chapter 36 - Call of Duty






Ekyt, still restrained, tried to bite, headbutt, anything. His job was, as far as he concerned, the guardian of the chao guardian. He bit Rouges hand, then head butted Chris. Through the pain, he watched Ray stir. Hey, you got us! Call the ambulance! Ekyt shouted. Forget it honey! Rouge shouted back. At least let me check on him. Ekyt pleaded. Why should I do that? Rouge asked. Because holding hostages carries a light sentence compared with murder. Ekyt said with a shrug. Fine. But nothing funny. Its not laughing matter. Ekyt knelt down beside his friend. Easy Ray, its Ekyt. How ya doin kid? Ray asked with a pained smile. Not great. That bullet hit you in the ribs? Yeah. Missed the meat though. Ekyt nodded. Im gonna get you outta here, youll be fine. Ray grabbed his sleeve. Wait, take this with you in case I d-d-&kick the bucket. He handed Ekyt a small knife. That thing saved my life once. He said, a twinkle in his eye. Maybe itll save yours. Ekyt gave the man a drink of water from the tap. Rouge pressed the gun to his back. Playtimes over hotshot, lets go.





Ekyt obeyed, but when he passed Linda, he dropped the knife in her hand. Wait, Rouge. Kill me if you need to, but let me say goodbye to Linda. Rouge smiled nastily. Who am I to stand in the way of love. Go ahead. Ekyt hugged her, and, holding her close, whispered. Cut yourself free and run for it, Im going to cause a distraction. No. Ill cut myself free, then well both get out of here. They talked more loudly now. If you die, I want to go with you. Youve done everything to protect me, but you respected that I could take care of myself. No one, especially no boy, has ever done that for me. Her emerald eyes looked beautiful in the light from the slot machines, Ekyt noticed. He knew he was blushing. He was easily embarrassed, but this was unexpected. But nice. yeah, well, you know, you guard the chao, and I guess its my job to guard you. Not just my job title, but my job as your boyfriend. Rouge slapped him on the head.





You never said that stuff to me! she said, genuinely miffed. You found me beautiful once. Ekyt saw that Linda was free. Honey, you got real ugly! (Dialogue taken from Evil Dead: Army of Darkness.) Ekyt said as he tossed her into the bar, then moved to tackle Chris. Linda and Rouge fought, Rouges pistol falling toward Ray.





At that moment, Sonic and Crystal (lilsoniclover) got to Ekyts level of the warehouse. I just gotta grab something& Sonics rooting around through Ekyts stuff, then says. aha! Found them! Lets go Crystal, weve gotta get to them. Twen (skylord) is still zipping around them. Look, what do you want? Sonic asked. Twen, talking really fast and barely coherent, says gonna go help them! Ekyts good to Amy, Lindas good to Amy, good guys need rescuing! Sonic started to say something, then stopped. Crystal answered instead. Alright. Heres what well do&





Tiffany (Shadowthe_hedgehog) and Violet (Violet_Rose) were sprinting over, when they both suddenly stopped. Violet, are you gonna be okay if I chaos control us into the building? Violet laughed. Sure, Shadow does it all the time! Whenever youre ready.





Chris yelled something incoherent, then charged Ekyt, who broke his chair over Chris head. It didnt even faze him. He threw Ekyt over the bar. Ekyt returned fire by throwing wine bottles, then smashing one over Chris head. Linda and Rouge were still going at it. Then he saw it. Rouge reaching for her knife as she held Linda by the hair. Chris grabbed him as he was distracted. Linda, heads up! Shes- Chris clamped his hand over Ekyts mouth, not even budging when he bit down as hard as he could. Ekyt threw him off and ran forward to get the knife, but Chris tripped him and smashed a bottle over his head. Linda saw the knife and ducked the first strike. But she was backed into a corner. When you play with knives, you get cut. Fortunatley, at that moment, help arrived from both sides. Violet and Tiffany appeared, and Tiffany went for Rouge immediately. Violet saw a gleam of metal. Eggmans robots! she shouted, before sending the first wave flying. Sonic and Crystal blasted through the door. What the- whoa! Sonic ducked as Crystal froze the `bots. Sonic tossed Ekyt something, yelling Youve gotta get back in the business pal! Ekyt opened the package. His coat and mask were on his lap. He elbowed Chris, then tossed him through the drywall. He quickly pulled on the coat and mask. He turned to the robots. The man is back, and better than ever! he growled. You picked the wrong day to tick off this human!





Ray woke up, seeing the gun within arms reach. He hated to kill, but if it came down to it, he would pull the trigger. He propped himself up against the bar, then fired repeatedly into the squad of robots. When the ammo was gone, he tossed the gun at Rouge, bouncing it off her head. More robots came in, starting overrun the small group.





Ekyt grabbed onto the rafters as the robots moved in on his&friends. It seemed foreign to him that he had such loyalty working for him. It was time to pay back that loyalty. He let go of the rafters, falling down toward the robots&





Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Flashthehedgehog on September 5, 2006, 7:27:25 PM

Flashthehedgehog on
Flashthehedgehogwhat is this the terminater? Very good story and some awesome chapters............but no-one's died and yet they're been hit with bottles and things. 0_o I'm not critisising because it's a good story. It's just an enigma going through my mind

Violet_Rose on August 12, 2006, 6:34:01 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseYay! some great action!