Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 37 - Death's Door

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 37 - Death's Door

Chapter 37 - Death's Door






He took out five robots, nearly gutting himself in the process. Rouge was unconscious, and Ray was still bleeding. Linda stopped for a minute to close a wound in her head. Violet and Tiffany were holding their own, but starting to tire. Ekyt had five robots to deal with himself. Linda saw him starting to lose it, and took a chance. Hey Ekyt! Ten years ago! She shouted, hoping that it would motivate him, something he had told her. A ring fell from Rouges pocket at that point. It rolled across the floor. Sonic and Crystal were battling, but then everyone went silent. It hit Ekyts shoe. Not knowing what would happen, he picked it up.





He felt himself glow. He felt lighter, faster, but at the same time ten times stronger. This distraction enabled Sonic and Crystal to go to one side, while Tiffany, Violet, and Linda went to the other. They took cover behind the bar next to Ray, not knowing what would happen. Ekyt charged, cutting through the robots. He flew- yes, flew- ten of them through the wall.





Chris Thorndyke stepped out of the drywall, his skin rotting away, his hair falling off, metal shining through. Metal? Tiffany and Violet noticed it first. Oh man! This isnt good! Violet exclaimed. Chris charge forward, but a Sonic Spin took him off course. Sonic, you handle the Egg-bots! Ill take on Chris We have a score to settle! Ekyt called to him. Sonic did.





You and me, bot! Chris began to glow. It started with his eyes, turning red. (30 seconds until detonation) Ekyt, eyes widened, shouts for everyone to run for it. (20 seconds) he hoists the unconscious Ray on his shoulders, and runs with the rest of the group. (15 seconds) The rings power leaves him. (10 seconds) the door is in sight, but Ekyt is tired& (Five seconds) Linda and the others watch for the two left in the building. (0 seconds) Ekyt dives out, Rouge in one hand and Ray in the other. The building explodes.





Shards of glass, coins, bottles, and wood go flying. It seconds it is over. Ekyt looks down at Ray and Rouge. Rouge aims a gun at him. But Ekyt is worried about Ray. Ray stirs, and Ekyt breathes a sigh of relief. Rouge, tired, lets the gun drop. What happened? she asked. Linda plucked something off her wing. You were being controlled Rouge. Eggman. Rouge flys away, looking to kill Eggman. Ekyt&Come on, youve got to go to a doctor. Linda and the others try to persuade him. No. Get Ray help. Ekyt says. Sonic and the others dash off to do that. Linda sits down next to Ekyt. Hey, this wasnt your fault. She says. I shouldnt have let this happen. Its my job to protect you and Station Square. And now look what Ive done. Linda didnt know what to say. Cmon, this isnt your fault. Ekyt looks down at the dying bartender. Thank Ray. For everything. You saved us. Ray smiled. Kid, you take carra that girl. Just in case Im not around to set you up again. Ekyt shook his head, smiling sadly. Youll be fine Ray. But I plan on taking care of her. Its my job as a vigilante, and my job as&as a boyfriend. He smiled at her, blushing. She pulled him close, pulling off his mask. She winced as dried blood from the brutal beatings he had taken held the mask in place. She got it off, looking at his battered face. Its okay, Ekyt said quickly, I know Im not in the best of shape, and I understand if- Linda kissed him, swift and hard. When it ended, she laid her head on his chest. Just relax. She said to him. She listened to his rythimic breathing. Then he tensed up. Oh God& he said. What? she said, alarmed.





Wheres the real Chris? he said. She couldnt answer. But they forgot for a moment as an ambulance came and put Ray in. But the search would continue. On the roof across the street, watching the blaze, the battered crew that had just saved Station Square looked at the fire. Ekyt turned to them. Thank you for the resuce. He turned away and swore to the stars. But this isnt over! Im going to hunt down Eggman and put an end to this!





Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Violet_Rose on August 12, 2006, 6:37:57 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_RoseCool, more action...Aesome chapter! ^-^