Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 69 - Caution! (Egg)Man at work!

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 69 - Caution! (Egg)Man at work!

Chapter 69 - Caution! (Egg)Man at work!
Eggman wandered around his control room. With the Egg Carrier out of commission (Thanks to Ekyt’s “joyride” in previous issues), he was hiding out on a small island off the coast of Station Square. “One the one hand, I have Sonic and his friends, constantly foiling me. On the other hand, I have Rouge and Shadow, whose allegiances turn on a dime. The only wild card is that confused kid.. Chris Thorndyke is easy enough to deal with, but this kid is older.. more street smart.. a fighter. I need him on my side.. I need more information..”

Amy and Cream, along with Cheese, were watching TV, some mindless cartoon show. Chris and Tails were on the computer, up to something. Ella was in the kitchen, Mr. Tanaka had the day off. Linda, Kurt, and Shadow were still recovering. Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) and Klein (Shywanderer43) were patrolling the grounds outside. Sonic was in his tree outside, and Ekyt had climbed up on the roof. As he lay on the rough tiles, he wondered how different his life would have been if he had taken the path of least resistance. He could easily have stayed out of the way of these fights, he guessed. But he couldn’t help himself. When a cry for help came, he answered.

HELP!

Sonic heard the same cry. Ekyt hurried down the ladder he had set up and raced toward the cry. Sonic would get their first, no doubt, but Ekyt could provide the back-up.

The orange echidna edged backwards. “I don’t know where you got them funny-looking chao, sister, but hand ‘em over.” The thug motioned for his two goons to come forward. The echidna stepped in front of the chao. “You can’t have them.” She said in a fierce voice. “And are you gonna stop us?” he asked. His cohorts laughed. Sonic came rushing through, stepping in front of the girl. “You guys need a life! Robbing some poor girl! Really, such a cliché!” They all knew Sonic, and in the underground, there was a price on his head. The goons reared back with their clubs. A human hand grabbed the goons clubs, and turned the two in such a way they nailed each other. Ekyt, with all the grace of Espio, reached into his coat pocket and grabbed a glowing power ring. He threw it to Sonic in the same motion. Sonic caught it and spun into the robber full-tilt. Ekyt grabbed the man by the jacket and dropped him onto his two henchmen. Now to make sure the girl was okay. Sonic gasped. He knew that girl!

A dark object suddenly blocked the windows at the Thorndyke mansion. Amy and Cream looked up. Outside, from opposite windows, Tiffany and Klein came flying in. They were both unharmed. Klein powered himself up and shot balls of water from the pool at whatever it was that was attacking. Cream and Cheese hid under the couch, while Amy held her hammer high, ready to bash anything that moved.

“Tikal? How did you get here?” Sonic said, shocked to see her. “I had to Sonic. My world is falling apart! My father is dead, almost all the tribes are gone! The past is ruined! The future will be affected soon!” “Oh man! And.. now what?” The attack on the Thorndyke mansion was being shown in a TV store window. “We’ve gotta juice! We’ll take her with us!” Ekyt nodded. “Grab on and hang on tight! We’re hitting super Sonic speed!”

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Violet_Rose on February 5, 2007, 12:14:16 AM

Violet_Rose on
Violet_Roselol, OH NOES! CLIFFHANGER! x_x
My god. These chapters get better & better! <3

nextguardian on February 6, 2007, 12:13:04 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianThanks^^ Good to hear from you!

ShyWanderer043 on February 6, 2007, 6:42:24 AM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043Another good chapter NG and if you don't mind could you have Klein be training to improve his combat skills to past the time when he is not doing anything and could you also have him act the way he will in the Love Does Strange Things 2 story when he is around Amy. speaking of which how is it coming along? how many characters do you still need if you do still need some?