Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 73 - Yesterday's too Long Ago

A Sonic X fanfic. Features fan chars at times, and is my second-longest running series!

Chapter 73 - Yesterday's too Long Ago

Chapter 73 - Yesterday's too Long Ago
Ekyt landed next to Linda, immediately knowing he had messed up. Not that he had a choice in the matter. The shattered Master Emerald was causing a panic. Ekyt pushed through the crowd and put the Chaos Emerald he had used in it’s place, which stopped the island from plummeting. The panic ceased. Knuckles marched up to Ekyt.

“What did you do to the Master Emerald?!” he demanded. “It was either destroy it, or let Tikal’s home world get destroyed.” “You had no right to do that!” Knuckles exclaimed. “If taking the brunt for this means saving the planet, it’s a sacrifice I’d gladly make.” He watched Linda stomp away, wondering if THAT was a sacrifice he could handle.

Amy studied Klein (ShyWanderer43). She was strangely attracted to him. Not like Sonic would miss her. “Hi Klein!” she said brightly. Klein turned pale. “Hi.” He choked out. Amy gently took his hand and led him toward Station Square, a confused, but pleased Klein trailing her.

Tiffany (Shadowthe_Hedgehog) asked Ekyt what happened. “Chaos attack. I destroyed it and gave the emeralds to Linda. She said she couldn’t destroy the master emerald, and that if I did, she’d break up with me.” Tiffany winced as he continued. “I had no choice. It was either her or the world. She means the world to me, but I guess this is one bullet I have to take for the common good.” Tiffany admired him for doing that. But in Ekyt’s mind, he might have saved the world, but was it worth it? A world where him and Linda weren’t together? As he laid to go to sleep that night, the image tortured him.

Dream Sequence:

Ekyt was bound in chains. If he moved, a chandelier of spikes would come down on either side of him. To one side was the Master Emerald. On the other side was a what looked like a globe. “Ekyt, you have to protect the emerald.” Linda pleaded. She held his chains, despite being the one doing the begging. “I can’t Linda.” Linda let go of his chains and sobbed as he did the only thing he could: He moved to his right, causing the spikes to come down on the emerald, shattering it. He bowed his, accepting his fate. Linda stared at him, her face stern. “Well, we can’t be together. I hope saving the world was worth it.” She made a move to kiss him, but instead slapped him, and then slammed a heavy prison door in his face. The shattered emerald piece each held a memory. Most of them held a picture of Linda. The magically grouped together and aimed at Ekyt like missiles, before launching themselves at him. Ekyt was in chains, defenseless, as they hit him, piercing his skin.

End Sequence.

Ekyt sat up, rubbing his face where the emerald shards had hit him. Only they hadn’t. But the thing with Linda…that was real. He thought about the dream, wondering if he made the right choice, all the while knowing he did.

No matter how painful it was to him.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ShyWanderer043 on March 16, 2007, 3:13:27 PM

ShyWanderer043 on
ShyWanderer043oh god please let thing turn out okay for Ekyt!
 
Klein: hey...wha...what about me...i'm...i'm with amy and you know nervous i get when she's around....

Flashthehedgehog on March 15, 2007, 2:53:27 AM

Flashthehedgehog on
FlashthehedgehogA sad tale there. Why did Linda break up with him if he was going to save the world?

nextguardian on March 15, 2007, 12:10:28 PM

nextguardian on
nextguardianStay tuned for an answer to that!